Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

American Idol XIV

hjj

One benefit of that maybe the ideal every winner was successful due to the show will lessen.

OkieChick

So was Ametican idol renewed for next year or what?

Next season is the last. I hope if Carrie isn't on for this finale that she is on at some point next season!

Last Season of 'American Idol' Set for Fox's 2015-16 Lineup - ABC News

The once-blockbuster singing contest, which launched the careers of Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood and Jennifer Hudson, has seen its audience dwindle and age. "Idol" will return next year for its 15th and final season with returning judges Jennifer Lopez, Keith Urban and Harry Connick Jr., Fox said Monday.

?American Idol? Cancelled: Last and Final Season 15 on Fox | TVLine

Ladies and gentlemen, 2016 will go down as the year the pitchy music died on Fox — the network announced Monday thatAmerican Idol‘s upcoming 15th season will be its last.
Idol‘s farewell season — featuring returning judges Jennifer Lopez, Keith Urban and Harry Connick Jr. — will debut in January 2016 and “pay tribute to the past 14 seasons” of the reality juggernaut.

maddkat

Staff member
it is time for AI to go - last Wednesday's show drew less then 7 mil people.
Maybe the hype of it being the last season will help next year.But they really need to
cast better contestants.Ones that are likable as well as talented.

jimshoe

I also think for next season the ratings could be helped if prior Idol winners(or the most successful from their season) come back as guest judges or mentors. Fans of the returning artist would tune in and that alone would help ratings.

gran29

Next year should be good if they pay tribute to all the past seasons. At least we should be able to see Carrie return. Of course, with Borchetta there, all bets are off.

pklongbeach

Thank God they listened to me! ha ha ha........ better to let the show go (especially when they foolishly overpaid the judges by such ridiculous amounts) than for it to just go on as a hazbez.

Next year they will hightlight different seasons so we will definitely get our Carrie-week. Just sad it had to come by this!
I almost remember the moment I realized the show had changed direction from being a show about singers.... Like Maddkat said; had they continued to find likable really exceptional singers (which are all over the internet so don't tell m there are none!!) they could have easily continued. Instead they mashed together so many odd balls and mismatched contestants that it had no continuity, it had no sense of what it was trying to accomplish, it made no statement. "In short it was a gastly mess!"

So long Idol. I will be eternally grateful for Carrie and her mom taking a chance on you. YOU SHOULD BE TO!!!!

AdamJ

It was only a matter of time for Fox to cancel the show. Ratings have not been good and like the other (Voice) talent show it is mostly about the judges. However I will say that the Voice is far more obnoxiously about the judges than Idol and Idol seems to give the contestants more support and pointers and encouragement than the Voice. The Voice has yet to produce a Superstar and I do not think it ever will. The ratings for that show is going down also. NOW---if only the Kardashians would disappear I would be happy as I think it is the trashiest show on TV. I do not and will not watch the Voice as I can not stand Shelton and Adam (I used to like Adam) and their jokes, etc. that they think is entertaining and cute when, in fact, it is only disgusting. Thanks to Idol we have Carrie that is above all the others.............

pklongbeach

If Idol had not spent so much, it, like Survivor, could have gone on for many more years. But because of the ridiculous cost they threw at it, it was just too expensive to continue without huge ratings......

Smokyiiis

Found the thread! LOL
I SO HOPE that Carrie is honored this coming week for ten years.....especially if next year is the last!

JB172

It was only a matter of time for Fox to cancel the show. Ratings have not been good and like the other (Voice) talent show it is mostly about the judges. However I will say that the Voice is far more obnoxiously about the judges than Idol and Idol seems to give the contestants more support and pointers and encouragement than the Voice. The Voice has yet to produce a Superstar and I do not think it ever will. The ratings for that show is going down also. NOW---if only the Kardashians would disappear I would be happy as I think it is the trashiest show on TV. I do not and will not watch the Voice as I can not stand Shelton and Adam (I used to like Adam) and their jokes, etc. that they think is entertaining and cute when, in fact, it is only disgusting. Thanks to Idol we have Carrie that is above all the others.............

It doesn't matter how talented any contestant is on either AI or The Voice now they are going to have a very hard time becoming a superstar, Carrie or Kelly could come off of AI now and they are highly unlikely to find the success that they have had, the digital era just doesn't allow for that to happen established superstars now can't sell 300k in a week so someone coming off of either show has no chance to do that.

thaifood

If Idol had not spent so much, it, like Survivor, could have gone on for many more years. But because of the ridiculous cost they threw at it, it was just too expensive to continue without huge ratings......

Disagree. The show was never able to climb out of the hole they dug for themselves when they put Mariah Carey & Nikki Minaj on. That was the kicker. Not to mention, they would not have lost so much momentum if they hadn't agreed to let Simon Cowell put on his little knock off show following Idol. That was a huge mistake.

Gator

Please tell me that Borchetta won't be on the next season! I haven't met anyone who likes him, and many have stopped watching because of him.

AdamJ

I must admit that I have only caught AI very few times in the last 5-6 years. I have not watched it regularly since Carrie won. I never watch The Voice. I think it will probably gain a few followers but it will start going down in ratings as it has for a while now. I think the reality singing shows are outdated and people are bored with them. It will be interesting to see how AI does the final season and who will appear on the shows. I am still hoping that Carrie will make an appearance next week and sing LTG for a huge boost in sales, etc.. One can only hope........

maddkat

Staff member
Oh my, those are terrible

I've never listened to any of the studio versions before , do they always play around with their voices so much?
It's quite funny.I can't see any of these three having much of a future in music.Hope they have back up plans.

pklongbeach

Disagree. The show was never able to climb out of the hole they dug for themselves when they put Mariah Carey & Nikki Minaj on. That was the kicker. Not to mention, they would not have lost so much momentum if they hadn't agreed to let Simon Cowell put on his little knock off show following Idol. That was a huge mistake.
Oh I agree. Those were terrible mistakes, and yes, probably cost the show its momentum (actually I am sure they did). But my point was that a show like Idol should not have to cost that much and so even though its ratings might be flat it can still exist cause the ratings/cost/advertising revenue all balance to create profit for the network.

Idol became a Titanic. It is simply too big to slowdown before it hits the iceberg. Time to pull the plug. (sorry to mix metaphors ha haha)

pklongbeach

That's a very odd top 10 and is completely subject to the opinion of the writer. It makes bland statement that have little basis is reality, and makes Grand Statements about other things that have little basis in reality. Numerous time it alluded to "selling out tours all over the world" and the on Idol that actually did that was not credited with it by the writer. But named Kelly as #1, being "...one of the most successful contestants in Idol History..." Except for one thing.... She is not "The" most successful.... its really a ridiculously written article.

maddkat

Staff member
^ it failed to mention Kelly's canceled tour after My December and the fact that her latest cd bombed big time,lol

pklongbeach

As soon as I read the opening comments about "idols have sold out arenas around the World" I knew we were dealing with something that was really just someones whims......