Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Award Season in 2012

sam_vzla

You're the first and only person to like it. Everyone else I know said it was horrid. So yes Tee, let's try to keep crappy movies with no award chances out of the discussion :p

In other news, Lebanon's submission to the Oscars won Best Screenplay and Best Music at the Stockholm Film Festival :p

I thought you were a fan of the Twilight series :confused: or I dreamed it? Of course that doesnt mean you have to like every movie of those.

teesharky

It wasnt bad in my opinion. It was good. But it definitely is not anywhere near the level of harry potter deathly hallows 2 or even remotely deserving of any awards. Lol
But i enjoyed it. :)

AIgrl06

Lol, why the heck are we talking about Twilight in the awards thread? MTV Awards are not real awards! :p

youd be correct.....its 5 to 10 this year....which reminds me.....can anyone even name 5 so far they think deserve a best picture nom??? Harry Potter, Midnight in Paris (i dont even know if this will get one but personally id want it to), annnndddd LOL. I just remember last year when we loved ALL 10. It makes me appreciate last year so much.

Last year was so awesome. The biggest problem with this year, in my opinion, is that there are no movies like Black Swan, The King's Speech, etc, that were soo amazing and also hit a chord with the public. That hasn't happened yet, it seems to me. But I could comfortably name 5 films that I think should get into Best Picture. Here's another problem, out of those 5, only one, maybe two of them actually has a shot, haha.

epicamends

What films are coming out in the next couple of months that are garnering Oscar buzz? I remember Black Swan didn't come out until mid-December last year, right? So hopefully there will still be more films coming out in the remaining weeks of the year that will impress us all.

Grace_Of_God

^ golden globe nominations come out december 18th. thatll help us out A LOT.

does anyone know if the American version of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" is supposed to be award worthy?

bigbluegrl23

Had anyone seen the previews of "Like Crazy"? I know it's already out but it looks fabulous. Jennifer Lawrence has a small part in it.
Becca

AIgrl06

^I saw Like Crazy. Thought it was pretty fantastic. :)

^ Alright, so Ive got The Help, Midnight In Paris, and Harry Potter.....

what 5 do you have????

I keep a list, baha, 'cause I'm a nerd like that, and my five are: Midnight in Paris, Harry Potter, Like Crazy, A Separation and A Dangerous Method. Midnight in Paris and Harry Potter are the only two that have a chance there, haha. But I really liked The Help and I won't be upset at all if it gets into Best Picture... I just think last year, it definitely wouldn't have made my top ten.

epicamends

What about that Marilyn Monroe movie with Michelle Williams? I'm starting to hear a lot about it, but I don't know if it'll be award-worthy.

bigbluegrl23

^I saw Like Crazy. Thought it was pretty fantastic. :)

I keep a list, baha, 'cause I'm a nerd like that, and my five are: Midnight in Paris, Harry Potter, Like Crazy, A Separation and A Dangerous Method. Midnight in Paris and Harry Potter are the only two that have a chance there, haha. But I really liked The Help and I won't be upset at all if it gets into Best Picture... I just think last year, it definitely wouldn't have made my top ten.

I could easily see viola davis and octavia spencer getting acting noms. and wouldnt be surprised one bit to see viola davis walk away with it. Viola davis was that movie.
Becca

eliefares

For those interested, the Lebanese submission for the Oscars (Where Do We Go Now) is set for a Spring 2012 release in the US.
Also I have to watch The Help and Like Crazy. Going to watch A Dangerous Method in 6 days.

epicamends

So, I know that screeners have started going out, but still no links for the Ides of March. It's no longer playing in any theatres around here. I should've went to see it earlier! :(

eliefares

^ It's not mind-blowing but it's a really good movie.

In other news, I've decided to read "The Help" before watching the movie. Page 100 now :p With med school and all, I'm burning through the books I want to read in order to have time for studying. So sad :p

teesharky

^ The Help was awesome and is definitely going to be nominated. The book was incredible too.

I can't wait to see the Decendants with George Clooney as that is getting lots of buzz and great reviews. What I am disappointed in is that I had no idea the Artist is a silent movie! sorry but Ew. I hate that idea for some reason as I like dialogue. Sure it will be very artistic and the critics/voters will eat it up, but it is not my cup of tea. I have not seen yet but I am not sure that I can sit through 2 hours of a silent movie.

^^ Michelle Williams is getting great reviews for the Marilyn Monroe movie, but for some reason the movie itself is not getting the buzz. But I think Michelle could be a contender this year.

eliefares

^ I think it's between Viola Davis? and her so far for best actress.
The top contender for best picture is, I think, Harry Potter (yay!) so far.

sam_vzla

Oh my...I was looking for The Help in this site where I watch movies and I remember seeing it before in the list of movies availables but for some reason I couldnt find it. Sometimes they put the movies with names in Spanish. For them The Help is "Criadas y Señoras" which means "Maids and Ladies" lol. It sounds like the name of a latin soup opera. I'm off to watch it now.

epicamends

Does Harry Potter actually have a shot at Best Picture? For some reason I just can't see them giving it to that, as much as it deserves it.