Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Award Season in 2016

stuffy

Heck yes! To The Americans for finally getting some Emmy love. I also love Constance and Maury getting in for supporting.

teesharky

Omg so happy with the Emmy noms! Game of Thrones got 23 noms!!' Holy crap! And Arya Stark got in!! Yes!! Hell yes!! Lol

ps- love the Cuba Goiding and the whole cast of OJ got love. That OJ series was fabulous. I watched every week on the edge of my seat despite knowing the verdict. Lol

congrats to Claire Danes for Homeland again - brilliant season.

Last edited:

AIgrl06

I hope Lena Headey wins this year. That finale performance was just...

How is Til It Happens to You credited solely to Diane Warren? Did Lady Gaga pull a Beyonce? Lmao.

Ooh and could Matthew Rhys or Keri Russell actually win?! I'm behind on The Americans but this is so exciting.

OLIVIA COLMAN.

Grace_Of_God

Lol. Yeah well besides all the veep and American crime story love I'm pretty dissapointed in the noms. Bates motel and penny dreadful were two of the best shows this past year and no love for them

And no leftovers love

I knew Ritter wasn't going to get nominated due to it being a superhero show but I'm still disappointed

Last edited:

sur_crazy4carrie

i had no idea that the emmy nominations were coming. I'm not on top of the stuff that's happening this year.
let me just go check it out.

I do not like the complete shut out of Show me a hero and Oscar Isaac. He was so brilliant in a great miniseries. I was really afraid that he would get snubbed because other people started getting talked about and unfortunately the series came out too long ago.
Is Sherlock any good any more?

I'm so excited about Matt Walsh getting in there. This season of Veep really paid off for Mike as a character. The comedy direction category is basically just Veep and Silicon Valley
Also really happy about Thomas Middleditch, Tatiana Maslany (please win) and Constance Zimmer.

Downton Abbey still gets a drama series nomination but the good thing is that it's the last time ever.

I'm surprised that Crazy Ex-GF fared so poorly. Only 4 nominations in the technical fields. And Penny dreadful which also has 6 nominations only in the tech field.

Where is Uzo Aduba? I realize that she doesn't really deserve a nomination for that time hump storyline of the 3rd season but I thought she was the darling. This is Emilia Clarke's 3rd Emmy nod. I'm not sure that she deserved any of them but Sophie Turner definitely deserved to be on there. I'm a little cold on Maisie's nod as well but she was blind and crazy this season so why not. New blood is always good.

All in all I'm pleased with the nominations for the most part.

teesharky

I am so so happy for the OJ miniseries. It was riveting and so well done. Even friggin Ross from Friends and John Travolta got love. haha

Happy about this snub: The Good Wife. I did not like the last season as the writing felt forced and it ended on such a crappy note. I loved this show soooooo much-- but the last season disappointed me. Julianna's character became kind of a cold evil ***** in the end too. It ended badly.

Ryan Seacrest: So happy he got an Emmy nom for American Idol! Last season, so maybe they will finally throw him a bone.

Unhappy with this Snub: Orange is the New Black. It was a really strong season! What the heck? Total snub.

sur_crazy4carrie

^OITNB was up for the last year's season. It wasn't very strong if you recall. Hopefully, the 4th season will be showered with nominations next year.

As I'm looking through the internet, it's just been pointed out to me that Jane Krakowski isn't nominated. WTF? Sad that Catriona Balfe from Outlander could not make it in.

I'm also really surprised that eventhough Kimmy Schmidt got into 3 major categories, it was shut out everywhere else.

I've also just been reminded of Hannibal, Hugh Dancy and Mads Mikkelsen and I'm screaming inside.

Last edited:

Grace_Of_God

Conversation of the day

Me- "what are you working on these days?"

College friend- "oh I'm in Baltimore now. House of cards"

Jealous -.-

sur_crazy4carrie

^that is exactly my sentiment too. All the news of shootings and attacks come out of nowhere while I'm perfectly pleasant, and I just sink down on my chair.