Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Award Season in 2016

teesharky

I mean, I'm so confused by this Divergent news, lol. A TV series? What?!

It is so disappointing. I really loved the books and enjoyed the movies too. I hate the idea that it will be a tv series.

They did that EXACT thing to the Mortal Instruments, City of Bones series. I liked the first movie, but it did not do well in the box office so now it is a TV series on ABC Family (FreeForm).

I was obsessed with the Mortal Instruments books, and they deserved a proper movie series. The books were extremely popular all over the world. Instead, we get this lame tv series. I watch it, but it is not what I was hoping for.

sam_vzla

And I thought the last film of the Divergent series was the final film haha. Weird decision, I mean a full TV show isn't going to be more expensive than one film?

sur_crazy4carrie

I didn't even know that there was a Divergent movie released this year, let alone that there was another one left. lol. Sam, they are saying TV movie to wrap up the current series and then they'll do a stand alone series. TV series is not a bad way to about a world like that. With good people in the creative team, why not?

teesharky

^ If Shaliene Woodley, NAomi Watts, Octavia Spencer, Jeff Daniels, and Miles Teller and the full cast come back, fine. Ashley Judd and Kate Winslett already died in the last Divergent movie, so they are no longer in it anyway. But Theo James, Shaliene and Naomi Watts are essential. If they don't come back it will be very lame.

teesharky

Guys- has anyone checked out " Stranger Things" on Netflix yet with Wynona Ryder? I started last night and it's really good. Getting good reviews too.

dismokemi

Wonder Woman trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lGoQhFb4NM

shaking and crying tbh this is everything I've ever wanted since junior high school

edit: Justice League teaser trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gglkYMGRYlE

seriously s e n d h e l p, like it's 3 AM where I am but I'm just sitting here dying

tumblr_oasa1hNUXE1rd3ql6o1_250.gif

sur_crazy4carrie

I loved the WW trailer. Very excited about that.

I didn't expect Justice League to have humour in it given DC and Snyder's track record. I hope it's there are as a result of the characters rather than the writers thinking let's make this one a little funny. For anyone who has seen Batman v Superman, does Batman have a humorous side in it? I'm fine with it so far. I have wanted a justice league movie for so long and the teaser just got my hopes up for it. Hopefully it sticks the landing.

Lego Batman Trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMdQXYQ_MD8

"Life doesn't give you seatbelts."

dismokemi

TIFF lineup is great! And this is only the first wave of announcement.

Hightlights so far (I'm only listing the ones that are having world premiere at TIFF/haven't been announced for Venice/Telluride): The Magnificent Seven, Arrival, Lion, The Secret Scripture, A United Kingdom, Bleed for This (okay this is not a highlight, I'm just being biased because I like Miles Teller), Una, Planetarium, A Monster Calls.

Full lineup here Toronto International Film Festival Lineup: TIFF Full List | IndieWire

AIgrl06

Woo, is Arrival going Venice, then? That's probably my most anticipated film of the year. Also looking forward to A Monster Calls, Queen of Katwe, and A United Kingdom.

sur_crazy4carrie

I had to google almost all of these titles. Arrival and A United Kingdom seem interesting. How did I not know that Lion had a big Indian cast? To be honest I also have never heard of most of the people in that cast except for Nawazuddin Siddiqui who is incredible in everything he does.

dismokemi

Surprised to see both Jackie and The Bad Batch heading to Venice. I have totally forgotten about them/didn't expect them to be finished already. Another Natalie Portman v. Annette Bening (for 20th Century Woman, NYFF's Centerpiece) showdown would be glorious and hilarious at the same time.