Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Award Season in 2016

AIgrl06

I'm pretty surprised Voyage of Time is playing in competition at Venice. I guess I just expected it to go to festivals out of comp.

Also interesting that The Light Between Oceans finally shows up at a festival, considering it's been done for so long.

sam_vzla

I. HATE. THEON. Holy s**t! I can't believe that happened.

Edit: Oh, wait. Nevermind. But I still hate him.

Last edited:

AIgrl06

Yeah, I think we even talked about it here, Hannah. 😂 I'm going to need you to stop working so hard.

It's August 5 right? I'm so ready for it.

dismokemi

I enjoyed the new Star Trek film a lot. The script had some weaknesses and the editing was a bit of a chaos but I just didn't care. The chemistry between Spock and Bones was great. It was such a nice touch to have New Spock hold a photo of the original USS Enterprise crew, especially when it dawned on me why Spock Prime was dead.

stuffy

If they are so out of ideas and desperate for remakes, do lesser known but critically acclaimed black and white or early color movies. I feel like 80s and 90s movies are still too recent. It'd be interesting if someone took a silent film and updated it with dialogue.

Of course they could just read a freaking book and then produce the movie. If Reese Witherspoon can do that twice in one year, the books are out there.

I will say this doesn't upset me like Jumanji because I never really liked Splash in the first place.

Grace_Of_God

^ LOL RIGHT?! the jumanji remake will always be what I'm maddest about. But the thing about splash was like....idk i just feel like it doesn't qualify for a remake LOL I love tom hanks but the original splash is just an okay movie.

Grace_Of_God

I was just coming to post about the SS reviews. I'm so sad. This is the only DC movie I've been excited for

Also. Jimmy Fallon is hosting the golden globes. Gross.

sur_crazy4carrie

^She knows the thing about Fallon that everyone does, that he's not great with stand ups and monologues. His things are musical numbers, games, prat falls and stuff like that. The GGs are not a big enough venue to do any of that.

I'm sorry the reviews for SS rained on your parade. Just yesterday I was thinking that maybe I'll actually go watch it this weekend.

I just finished the first season of Mr. Robot. Eventhough it's good, I honestly don't know what the big fuss is about. Rami Malek's performance is tremendous but other than that, I feel like it's slightly overhyped. That said, I enjoyed it even if I don't think it's OMG! AMAZING!. It's pretty fast paced, so I missed some of the detail in it.