Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Award Season in 2016

abbeyjones18

We have another reason to watch the Olympics...they will apparently be showing the Rogue One trailer on Thursday night during the games.

twaintrain

I finally got to watch JASON BOURNE this weekend and I loved it! I don't get the hate from the critics. I can't say it was as epic as The Bourne Ultimatum but it was still great. The Bourne series is my all-time favorite movie franchise so I may be biased but it had incredible action scenes and an awesome ending. They have set up a follow up nicely. Makes me want to go back and rewatch the others.

Grace_Of_God

What kind of teaser is it lol. Like a real teaser or an effing trailer (clearly I could watch it to see but I literally have Olympics going 24/7 in my apartment and have no time for anything else lol)

Last edited:

twaintrain

What kind of teaser is it lol. Like a real teaser or an effing trailer (clearly I could watch it to see but I literally have Olympics going 24/7 in my apartment and have no time for anything else lol)

Ha! Me too! The Final Five were absolutely incredible! They will go down in history as the greatest of all-time. I almost injured myself I was clapping so hard for Katie Ladecky and Michael Phelps in their races last night. So fun! Lol

sam_vzla

At what time they have been showing the gymnastics? I really like to watch that but I only have time (or a tv, because there's not one at work) in the evening and all I have seen is swimming (that I really like to watch) and some voleyball, basketball, some tennis...I cant remember what else.

AIgrl06

Gymnastics I think has been live in the afternoons, like 3 or 4 Rio time. In the US they've been showing it on delay with swimming in primetime...

Grace_Of_God

Ha! Me too! The Final Five were absolutely incredible! They will go down in history as the greatest of all-time. I almost injured myself I was clapping so hard for Katie Ladecky and Michael Phelps in their races last night. So fun! Lol

I cried when the final five won. I watched the BBC online stream illegally so that I could watch it in real time and not have to wait for primetime coverage (i rewatched it in primetime too since ya know HD). Our swim team is holding strong this year, so happy.

?Ocean?s 8? Adds Anne Hathaway, Rihanna, Awkwafina Join Bullock & Blanchett | Deadline

Rihanna...?
Love this cast though. Diverse in race and age, it's gonna be really interesting.

Rihanna just booked an arc in the final season of bates motel too. Is she like trying to be a serious actress now...

Im so hesitant to be excited for this movie because I feel like it would be hypocritical since I talked about how made I am about remakes a few pages ago LOL

At what time they have been showing the gymnastics? I really like to watch that but I only have time (or a tv, because there's not one at work) in the evening and all I have seen is swimming (that I really like to watch) and some voleyball, basketball, some tennis...I cant remember what else.

Yeah Katie is right. Its 4 pm rio time but they show it in the US on primetime coverage at 8 pm. I don't have the station that shows the tennis matches and I'm soooo bummed about it. Ive caught a lot of volleyball and swimming and gymnastics, but I like all those so I'm good. Ive caught alittle more canoeing than i would have liked. Im mad i havent caught archery or shooting at all yet and those events are almost done i think too.

So, since our mens gymnastics team sucks I have the tv on mute during their all around so I'm watching THR comedy roundtable finally. OMG this interviewer is SO MUCH BETTER.

I love Allison janney and Anna Farisbur multi camera isn't my type of show, does anyone here actually watch "Mom"? I want to know if it's good

sur_crazy4carrie

I haven't watched it regularly but I've seen a few episodes of Mom from each of its seasons and (it's the best compliment I can give it) Mom has become to good for the incredibly low bar I use to judge Chuck Lorre shows. Compared to where it started, it's gotten so much better to the point where it might (might) just be able to hold its own against some of the really good shows out there. Sure, its comedy can be broad and the supporting characters can sometimes be typical Lorre players, existing for the punchline but the combo of Janney and Faris together with the more and more frequent sharp writing makes it worth trying IMO. Still, the laugh track kills the mood of any modern sitcom for me and Mom is no exception.

pklongbeach

...only just finally saw Danish Girl and Crimson Creek.... And its funny that I had the basic same review of both.... ha ha ha ha......

Danish ended up being everything I thought it would be..epic, beautiful, thoughtful, well acted, and....a bit of a mess... The issue for me was script and directing. Everybody associated with this production did their jobs so well. But in the end the story/script and how the story was told really was a misfire. I mean, the issue with the story is that the director was trying to tell a story of "transgender" and I did not even know that till 2/3 of the way through. The idea that a married man would be obsessed with womans clothes does not suggest trans. So I was confused for a while till I realized the story the director was telling. And by that time it felt like the whole first 1/2 was misguided by images of his desires to wear womens clothes. again not specifically a trans issue.... I think the script writer and director missed the whole point of feeling like one gender in another genders body. And when it did finally get to that point, it was sort of too late. I already did not like him for everything he put his wife through and I was frustrated with her for her own participation in something that turned out to be something else entirely. So I found the whole thing to be a less then, a missed opportunity to tell a really fascinating story with an amazing cast and a top knotch production crew. Wish it were better from the scrip and the story telling of the director...

pklongbeach

True again for Crimson Peak. I was really taken by how beautiful it was. I was expecting a cheap ghost story and instead it was beautiful to look at. Top-knotch camera work. Amazing costumes. Great acting. All of it better than it needed to be.
What it needed to be was a great ghost story. And the script and the director did not tell a great classic ghost story. The "scares" were poorly executed by the director. And the story was weak at best.
I was endlessly frustrated by long periods of storytelling that were useless and meaningless, and then a scare would come and it hit fast and was gone with no nuance and style. Just silly CG effects that were so over the top and extreme the woman would never stay there after seeing what she did in the first 15 minutes. It just did not hold water... The director jumped the shark within the first 20 minutes and stayed the same for a full 2 hours.

Missed opportunity to get such a great production together and have the director not tell a thoughtful interesting story........

teesharky

Guys- has anyone checked out the HBO Miniseries called "The Night Of"...? It is fabulous. I guess I enjoy it more than most as I am in that world every single day for my job. haha

The only thing I hate about the show is the lead lawyer's disgusting feet. For whatever reason, the camera insists on showing his gross feet every other shot. Not sure what they hope to accomplish with that other than vomiting audiences? haha