Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Award Season in 2016

sam_vzla

^She knows the thing about Fallon that everyone does, that he's not great with stand ups and monologues. His things are musical numbers, games, prat falls and stuff like that. The GGs are not a big enough venue to do any of that.

I'm sorry the reviews for SS rained on your parade. Just yesterday I was thinking that maybe I'll actually go watch it this weekend.

I just finished the first season of Mr. Robot. Eventhough it's good, I honestly don't know what the big fuss is about. Rami Malek's performance is tremendous but other than that, I feel like it's slightly overhyped. That said, I enjoyed it even if I don't think it's OMG! AMAZING!. It's pretty fast paced, so I missed some of the detail in it.

Bahaha... I guess I thought the "gross" meant something else.

Grace_Of_God

^ I mean I've heard he's a cheating alcoholic but I have no first or second hand knowledge that that's for sure.

But overall yes I just don't think he's funny.

AIgrl06

Ok wait I had exactly zero interest in a Splash remake so I totally missed the twist... I kind of like the idea of a role reversal? Maybe?

Grace_Of_God

They're remaking dirty rotten scoundrels with rebel Wilson...

You guys...I officially can't handle anymore remakes. I'm going to go crawl under a rock until originally starts to happen again

lolita55

They're remaking dirty rotten scoundrels with rebel Wilson...

You guys...I officially can't handle anymore remakes. I'm going to go crawl under a rock until originally starts to happen again

Me too. If makes me wonder if novoi in Hollywood have any originality right now lol.

sam_vzla

^ exact opposite. Great day at work actually haha

Also- anyone else as obsessed with the Olympics as I am?

Ohhh hahah much better then!

Did you watch the inauguration yesterday? It was beautiful, I was shocked at how great it was. I guess I wasn't expecting something that good considering the controversies and everything.

Grace_Of_God

^ yes I saw it! Ugh I love the Olympics. I was worried too cause of all the controversy but fingers crossed it looks like it's gunna be a good year

AIgrl06

The Olympics is amazing. Nothing else can get me to be so interested in things like... fencing? Ahaha. Loved the opening ceremony.

dismokemi

I love Olympic. And my country just won our first ever Gold Medal today! If anyone asks, I'll deny that I cried at that. Nothing like a sport event to make you feel patriotic.

Grace_Of_God

^ don't deny. I cry during the Olympics ALL the time. I was a mess when the fierce five won in London. Lost my sh!t

Totes had a few tears going when the flame was lit last night too.

sur_crazy4carrie

Came here to ask about the Olympics. Only saw bits and pieces of the opening because I didn't get early in the morning to watch it live. But what I saw looked beautiful. I gotta see if it's on YT.

dismokemi

Suicide Squad. I'd expected a superhero film, but what I got was a rom-com with action elements. And the actions were not even that good. I won't even talk about the plot holes, because I can't remember all of them. What essentially ruined Suicide Squad is the weak world building. The backstories of squad members were barely there. For some members, we got like 20-30 seconds of their background. One of them just simply walked in without any explanation and guess what, he got killed off 5 minutes later. I wish they had reduced the sentimental, cheesy moments (my friend and I couldn't help laughing when Cara's character came back, someone tell DC this is not a Korean drama please) and used that screentime instead for backstory of squad members.

Last edited:

twaintrain

^She knows the thing about Fallon that everyone does, that he's not great with stand ups and monologues. His things are musical numbers, games, prat falls and stuff like that. The GGs are not a big enough venue to do any of that.

I'm sorry the reviews for SS rained on your parade. Just yesterday I was thinking that maybe I'll actually go watch it this weekend.

I just finished the first season of Mr. Robot. Eventhough it's good, I honestly don't know what the big fuss is about. Rami Malek's performance is tremendous but other than that, I feel like it's slightly overhyped. That said, I enjoyed it even if I don't think it's OMG! AMAZING!. It's pretty fast paced, so I missed some of the detail in it.

I loved the first season of Mr. Robot. I've watched the first two episodes of the second season and am having trouble making myself finish what's on my DVR. It's so hard to follow what's going on. I just can't get into it.

I will probably focus on the Olympics the next two weeks.

Has anyone watched Stranger Things on Netflix? It is SO good! I watched all 8 episodes in 2 nights. It's Steven Speilberg meets Steven King in the 80's. Sorry if this has been discussed but I didn't go back too far and catch up.

sur_crazy4carrie

Anyone reading The Cursed Child here? I don't read a lot of stage plays and maybe it looks good on stage but I'm not feeling it so far. Granted I'm only a few scenes into the first act but so far it's not doing a very good job of evoking Rowling's world for me.

Grace_Of_God

^^ crushes stranger things in a day. I liked it but I wasn't obsessed with it as everyone else was

^ my friends read the reviews of the play like a month ago and told some things and it just seemed like sh!t so I'm staying far away from that book