Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blown Away On The Mediabase Charts (Blown Away Era)

countrymusicfan15

Those out-of-the-box 33 spins at KMLE constitute some two-thirds of the format's average over of 48 spins per week for a song to be considered to be in 'power' rotation, a number which has steadily increased over the past 3 to 4 years.

I live in Phoenix and have monitored KMLE's charts quite a bit. Now, they are just like the pop stations. Play a song like crazy right when it comes out then drop it in the rotation considerably. Then the song climbs back to the top at a normal pace. Very strange for a country station. LBT's Tornado had like 55 spins during its first week on radio then dropped all the way down to like 15 the next week.

oh and KMLE's power rotation is around 70+ spins

Ty

Unless they have concrete plans to send BA to CHR/Pop, I'd much rather she debut TBC at the AMAs.

Ty

TBC isn't exactly traditional country. It may not get play at Pop radio but it still has potential to reach other audiences, imo.

I just don't see the point in performing BA anymore if there isn't going to be an active push at other formats.

clh_hilary

TBC isn't exactly traditional country. It may not get play at Pop radio but it still has potential to reach other audiences, imo.

I just don't see the point in performing BA anymore if there isn't going to be an active push at other formats.

But BA has a better chance to be successful on other formats because it already has established on Country, is Platinum, charting on Hot AC and I suppose sent to other formats?

AdrianAustraliaCarrie

But BA has a better chance to be successful on other formats because it already has established on Country, is Platinum, charting on Hot AC and I suppose sent to other formats?

Exactly! Plus what you said further above. Btw Carrie is most likely to debut TBC @ the ACAs in December or ACMs not the CMAs this time next year lol. No rush none the less as BA is the current mainstream focused single charting with the most potential to do well.

maddkat

Staff member
I'd rather see Carrie debut TBC on the AMAs then do BA yet again.Something fresh and new.She's done BA on at least 3 high profile events so far ,people have heard it.It's adds date on Hot AC was weeks ago and it's not exactly burning up that chart. And they pulled it off the CHR cool new releases on all access so it doesn't appear they're doing any kind of push for it anywhere.

gaycarebear

I would rather Carrie NOT perform TBC at the AMA's. It hasn't even established on Country radio yet, so most people won't even know it. I'd rather her do something creatively awesome w/ BA...ala BHC at the Grammy's many years ago.

maddkat

Staff member
I would rather Carrie NOT perform TBC at the AMA's. It hasn't even established on Country radio yet, so most people won't even know it. I'd rather her do something creatively awesome w/ BA...ala BHC at the Grammy's many years ago.

that's what a debut is for, so people can hear it and get to know it

DaisyTweets

Exactly! Plus what you said further above. Btw Carrie is most likely to debut TBC @ the ACAs in December or ACMs not the CMAs this time next year lol. No rush none the less as BA is the current mainstream focused single charting with the most potential to do well.
I don't think Carrie is performing at the ACAs in December. I think if she were going to perform, we would have heard by now.

clh_hilary

Country -
3 (=) Miranda Lambert - "Fastest Girl In Town"
5970 (+4) spins
10 (+39) bullet
46.642 (-0.244) million AI
#145 on iTunes
663 spins from #1,
but #2 outgained her.
"Cruises" is only 373 spins away and closed 74 spins today.

So I think nobody has to ask about this song anymore :p

Shocker of the day:
12 (=) The Zac Brown Band - "Goodbye In Her Eyes"
4050 (-3) spins
172 (-108) bullet
31.288 (+0.120) million AI
#71 on iTunes.
Pretty certain this is a glitch though. Anyhow, they're about to outpeak their lead single "The Wind"!

14 (=) Brad Paisley - "Southern Comfort Zone"
3624 (+40) spins
71 (+36) bullet
29.247 (+0.428) million AI
#81 on iTunes

So it goes back to a healthy gain! Unless it starts going weird again I'm not doing updates for this every day.

Watch:
27 (=) Hunter Hayes - "Somebody's Heartbreak..."
1692 (+9) spins
321 (-64) bullet
11.736 (+0.237) million AI
#105 on iTunes
This suddenly gets a modest gain but should just be a glitch.

30 (=) Faith Hill - "American Heart"
1186 (+1) spins
98 (-37) bullet
8.186 (+0.176) million AI
Faith goes back to struggling after some potential momentum fueled by the CMAs.

36 (-1) Lauren Alania - "Eighteen Inches"
733 (+8) spins
-62 (+20) bullet
4.092 (+0.087) million AI
Passed by Chris Young today. We'll see if this is getting its 272387687th life.

37 (=) Gloriana - "Can't Shake You"
752 (-11) spins
-32 (-23) bullet
3.383 (-0.085) million AI
So this seems to be peaking already. Kinda shocking after a #1 hit.

50 (-1) Kelly Clarkson - "Don't Rush" (Featuring Vince Gill)
355 (-9) spins
135 (-66) bullet
2.021 (-0.077) million AI
#92 on iTunes, third day inside of Top 50.
So Kelly still has yet to establish herself on Country radio.

Overall Airplay -
44 (-2) Carrie Underwood - "Blown Away"
42.730 (-1.425) million AI
#36 on iTunes

167 (+2) Carrie Underwood - "Good Girl"
11.536 (+0.178) million AI
#161 on iTunes

As a side note, Taylor Swift is finally freefalling on radio, but it doesn't mean the Hot Country Songs #1 is up for grab just yet...
3 (=) Taylor Swift - "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together"
21902 (-358) spins
134.259 (-2.564) million AI

To compare, Luke Bryan has 67.421 million AI, Joke Owen has 64.365 million, Miranda Lambert has 59.858 million, and Florida-Georgia Line has 56.788 million.

AdrianAustraliaCarrie

I don't think Carrie is performing at the ACAs in December. I think if she were going to perform, we would have heard by now.

Ive been hoping will perform on this show for a while now, has any performances been announced yet for next month?

The ACMs are like May aren't they? TBC will be done by then probably but I bet Carrie still performs it there.

gaycarebear

Country -
3 (=) Miranda Lambert - "Fastest Girl In Town"
5970 (+4) spins
10 (+39) bullet
46.642 (-0.244) million AI
#145 on iTunes
663 spins from #1,
but #2 outgained her.
"Cruises" is only 373 spins away and closed 74 spins today.

So I think nobody has to ask about this song anymore :p

Shocker of the day:
12 (=) The Zac Brown Band - "Goodbye In Her Eyes"
4050 (-3) spins
172 (-108) bullet
31.288 (+0.120) million AI
#71 on iTunes.
Pretty certain this is a glitch though. Anyhow, they're about to outpeak their lead single "The Wind"!

14 (=) Brad Paisley - "Southern Comfort Zone"
3624 (+40) spins
71 (+36) bullet
29.247 (+0.428) million AI
#81 on iTunes

So it goes back to a healthy gain! Unless it starts going weird again I'm not doing updates for this every day.

Watch:
27 (=) Hunter Hayes - "Somebody's Heartbreak..."
1692 (+9) spins
321 (-64) bullet
11.736 (+0.237) million AI
#105 on iTunes
This suddenly gets a modest gain but should just be a glitch.

30 (=) Faith Hill - "American Heart"
1186 (+1) spins
98 (-37) bullet
8.186 (+0.176) million AI
Faith goes back to struggling after some potential momentum fueled by the CMAs.

36 (-1) Lauren Alania - "Eighteen Inches"
733 (+8) spins
-62 (+20) bullet
4.092 (+0.087) million AI
Passed by Chris Young today. We'll see if this is getting its 272387687th life.

37 (=) Gloriana - "Can't Shake You"
752 (-11) spins
-32 (-23) bullet
3.383 (-0.085) million AI
So this seems to be peaking already. Kinda shocking after a #1 hit.

50 (-1) Kelly Clarkson - "Don't Rush" (Featuring Vince Gill)
355 (-9) spins
135 (-66) bullet
2.021 (-0.077) million AI
#92 on iTunes, third day inside of Top 50.
So Kelly still has yet to establish herself on Country radio.

Overall Airplay -
44 (-2) Carrie Underwood - "Blown Away"
42.730 (-1.425) million AI
#36 on iTunes

167 (+2) Carrie Underwood - "Good Girl"
11.536 (+0.178) million AI
#161 on iTunes

As a side note, Taylor Swift is finally freefalling on radio, but it doesn't mean the Hot Country Songs #1 is up for grab just yet...
3 (=) Taylor Swift - "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together"
21902 (-358) spins
134.259 (-2.564) million AI

To compare, Luke Bryan has 67.421 million AI, Joke Owen has 64.365 million, Miranda Lambert has 59.858 million, and Florida-Georgia Line has 56.788 million.

Roughstock has reported that Florida Georgia Line's "Cruise" will take over the #1 spot on Hot Country Songs.

teesharky

I think it is silly to perform BA on the AMAs. She already did it at the Billboards and every event for the past several months. It is not doing all that great on Hot AC due to the country lyrics and story, imo- though the beat and production is pop. The story and lyrics are very country so that could be why it is moving slower then CC or UI or GG, etc., on Hot AC. I am not convinced performing at the AMAS the same exact song she did at the Billboard Awards to the same pop crowd is a good idea- especially since there is no guarantee it will help HOT AC airplay one bit.. People will think that is the only song on her album.

It is time to debut the new song in front of a big crowd. She needs to surprise people with an unexpected song. Otherwise- she will never be able to perform 2BC in front of a pop crowd as she will not do it a year from now at next year's AMAs as she likely won't even perform at next year's AMAS or Billboards. You don't get to perform at these events every year. They only had 1 country act last year at the Billboards, and it was Carrie. The year before, the token country performer was Keith Urban. So Carrie will not be able to debut 2bC at the Billboards in 2013 as she already performed in 2012. She will not be able to perform it at next year's AMAs as it will be too old then, and she may not get a performance slot next year.

But sadly-- I doubt she will do 2BC at the AMAs despite what a great opportunity it would be to debut the song there. . Her team is very predictable about song choices at award shows...and they seem to wait until the song is almost peaked before they sing it at a big country event. So we won't see 2BC until the ACMS in April, by which time it will be peaked.

I disagree with this decision. Doing the same song over and over and over again is overkill, and gets boring. She needs to shake things up and surprise everyone with a new song at the AMAs-- but she won't.

teesharky

Agree. While they do have a caption "more performers to be announced"- watch it be freakin SWSRN as she has an album to promote so she will be there this year - just watch.

Carrie needs to debut 2BC at the AMAS- not wait till April at the ACMs as that is WAY too late.