Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blown Away On The Mediabase Charts (Blown Away Era)

gaycarebear

I think it is silly to perform BA on the AMAs. She already did it at the Billboards and every event for the past several months. It is not doing all that great on Hot AC due to the country lyrics and story, imo- though the beat and production is pop. The story and lyrics are very country so that could be why it is moving slower then CC or UI or GG, etc., on Hot AC. I am not convinced performing at the AMAS the same exact song she did at the Billboard Awards to the same pop crowd is a good idea- especially since there is no guarantee it will help HOT AC airplay one bit.. People will think that is the only song on her album.

It is time to debut the new song in front of a big crowd. She needs to surprise people with an unexpected song. Otherwise- she will never be able to perform 2BC in front of a pop crowd as she will not do it a year from now at next year's AMAs as she likely won't even perform at next year's AMAS or Billboards. You don't get to perform at these events every year. They only had 1 country act last year at the Billboards, and it was Carrie. The year before, the token country performer was Keith Urban. So Carrie will not be able to debut 2bC at the Billboards in 2013 as she already performed in 2012. She will not be able to perform it at next year's AMAs as it will be too old then, and she may not get a performance slot next year.

But sadly-- I doubt she will do 2BC at the AMAs despite what a great opportunity it would be to debut the song there. . Her team is very predictable about song choices at award shows...and they seem to wait until the song is almost peaked before they sing it at a big country event. So we won't see 2BC until the ACMS in April, by which time it will be peaked.

I disagree with this decision. Doing the same song over and over and over again is overkill, and gets boring. She needs to shake things up and surprise everyone with a new song at the AMAs-- but she won't.

Um...you forget the Grammy's are coming up too....by then, TBC would have made some major headway on Country. That's a better time to debut it. Plus, that'll be in front of industry folk, as well as pop superstars. And it's a classier event than the AMA's.

Marv

KMLE & KNIX are two fine radio stations which I really enjoyed two weeks ago when I spent the night in Scottsdale while en route to Tucson; 70 spins per week for their powers is no surprise, since the trend for country radio is to up the spins for their powers into the high 40s or even higher from the low 40's.

simonplay

Im pretty sure that she will perform TBC at the AMAs!

BA performances:

Billboard Awards
American Idol
CMA Fest
VH1 Unplagged
CMA Awards
Jimmy Fallon

LOVE THE SONG!!! but enough already! lol

cary78663

Obsessed Chart Watcher
Roughstock has reported that Florida Georgia Line's "Cruise" will take over the #1 spot on Hot Country Songs.

They are not talking about the Hot Country Songs chart. Cruise is #1 on the Country Digital Songs chart. The top 3 on the Hot Country Songs chart this week are the same as last week with WANEGBT at #1, Cruise at #2 and BA at #3.

epicamends

I'd be okay with her performing BA at the AMA's if her team has a plan in place to promote it to other formats. If they don't, I don't see the point in performing it again, since she's already done a high-profile performance of it at a non-country show. TBC makes the most sense. If "Blown Away" is nominated at the Grammy's and she is asked to perform, she will likely do BA there. It doesn't need 4 major award show performances (Billboards, CMAs, AMAs, and Grammys). I'd much rather see her do a killer performance of TBC and debut it with a bang. :)

countrymusicfan15

I think it is silly to perform BA on the AMAs. She already did it at the Billboards and every event for the past several months. It is not doing all that great on Hot AC due to the country lyrics and story, imo- though the beat and production is pop. The story and lyrics are very country so that could be why it is moving slower then CC or UI or GG, etc., on Hot AC. I am not convinced performing at the AMAS the same exact song she did at the Billboard Awards to the same pop crowd is a good idea- especially since there is no guarantee it will help HOT AC airplay one bit.. People will think that is the only song on her album.

It is time to debut the new song in front of a big crowd. She needs to surprise people with an unexpected song. Otherwise- she will never be able to perform 2BC in front of a pop crowd as she will not do it a year from now at next year's AMAs as she likely won't even perform at next year's AMAS or Billboards. You don't get to perform at these events every year. They only had 1 country act last year at the Billboards, and it was Carrie. The year before, the token country performer was Keith Urban. So Carrie will not be able to debut 2bC at the Billboards in 2013 as she already performed in 2012. She will not be able to perform it at next year's AMAs as it will be too old then, and she may not get a performance slot next year.

But sadly-- I doubt she will do 2BC at the AMAs despite what a great opportunity it would be to debut the song there. . Her team is very predictable about song choices at award shows...and they seem to wait until the song is almost peaked before they sing it at a big country event. So we won't see 2BC until the ACMS in April, by which time it will be peaked.

I disagree with this decision. Doing the same song over and over and over again is overkill, and gets boring. She needs to shake things up and surprise everyone with a new song at the AMAs-- but she won't.

I never expected SLT at 2010 CMA Awards!

DaisyTweets

I'm not sure if I should be laughing at this or cry???? Sometimes you are just too much! At this point we don't know what Carrie has planned and you're already dismissing her performance as boring and overkill.

You know, I've read and heard Carrie's award show performances described as many things BUT never have I read that they are boring. In fact, its quite the contrary, more often than not, Carrie's performances are the most talked about and the ones getting the most praise from fans and critics alike. Of all the award shows that she's performed at, I can think of only one or two where she didn't get stellar praise and reviews.

If she performs BA this Sunday, I feel confident that Carrie will add a new spin to the song and she will indeed blow people away.

Last edited:

Pi314CA

They are not talking about the Hot Country Songs chart. Cruise is #1 on the Country Digital Songs chart. The top 3 on the Hot Country Songs chart this week are the same as last week with WANEGBT at #1, Cruise at #2 and BA at #3.

On that Country Digital Songs chart, it shows that BA sold 52,000 last week, bringing the total to 1,288,000.

In regards to the Hot Country Songs chart, here is a dig from Paul Grein's article yesterday:

Taylor Swift's "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" drops from #5 to #7. It holds at #1 on Hot Country Songs for the sixth week. This ties "Our Song" from 2007-2008 as Swift's longest-running #1 country hit to date. But I have to point out that the country and R&B charts now merely reflect how songs from those genres are faring on the Hot 100. So those charts are telling you something you already know if you follow the Hot 100. Those charts used to tell you how songs were faring in those specific formats. Is this progress? You decide.

bs63093

i am still up for TBC to be realeased in jan/feb 2013 for a GRAMMY debut, please thats the king of awards shows. but then again i would love for a release of it for better black friday-xmas sales. you know what whatever its the end of the year and all of czarries current singles are amazing, we are gonna get a fresh 2013 anyway so im just gonna lay back and enjoy carries perfromances :)

teesharky

if she performs BA........... OVERKILL.

Agree! It is one of my favorite songs but another performance at anything but Grammys is too much. The song has been out since June and by now everyone is aware of it through itunes or idol Billboard awards etc.
if hot ac is going to play the song- they will play it. But I don't think another performance of it will do much good.

Sonetimes less is more. Other artists alternate songs every award show. It is a better approach as you keep fans guessing and show off the whole album not just one song.

Carrie won't be able to perform 2BC at Billboards as she just performed there this year and they alternate performers every year.

Carrie likely won't perform at AMAS next year as they alternate performers there too plus 2bc will be way too old by then anyway.

She needs to kick off TbC with a big bang and this is her only chance to do so before ACMs in April. By tgen the song will be peaked already.

teesharky

i am still up for TBC to be realeased in jan/feb 2013 for a GRAMMY debut, please thats the king of awards shows. but then again i would love for a release of it for better black friday-xmas sales. you know what whatever its the end of the year and all of czarries current singles are amazing, we are gonna get a fresh 2013 anyway so im just gonna lay back and enjoy carries perfromances :)

A Grammy performance would be great but it is not guaranteed she will get to perform this year at all yet as she has to be nominated first. Also they might not want her to debut a new song there. Sometimes they make you do the nominated songs.

countrymusicfan15

I don't know how it can be overkill. ALL it can do is HELP SALES with the album and single. I prefer TBC, but BA is just fine with me too. Like many here have suggested, why not keep showcasing the best song Carrie has ever released as a single?

countrymusicfan15

KMLE & KNIX are two fine radio stations which I really enjoyed two weeks ago when I spent the night in Scottsdale while en route to Tucson; 70 spins per week for their powers is no surprise, since the trend for country radio is to up the spins for their powers into the high 40s or even higher from the low 40's.

I agree. Although I am very partial to KNIX lol grew up on them and at one point, I wouldn't even change the station during commercials haha but I do switch quite a bit now, but mainly between KNIX and the top 40 stations. KNIX's power rotation is actually much lower than KMLE's. Their most played song usually gets around 52 spins. The one thing I miss soooooo much is when they used to play classics mixed in with all the new stuff!! Back in like 2006-08, they would play the Judds, Ronnie Milsap, Reba, Conway Twitty, etc. plus all the new stuff. It was amazing!!! lol Songs like "Grandpa" "Why Not Me" "The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia" "That's My Job" "Slow Hand" "There Ain't No Getting Over Me" "I Wouldn't Have Missed It For The World" "Fancy" would get played every day!!

bigbluegrl23

What is with this overkill talk? You all are aware that we are the only people who have actually watched every single performance of BA right?

gaycarebear

What is with this overkill talk? You all are aware that we are the only people who have actually watched every single performance of BA right?

Agreed. I know plenty of pop music fans that don't watch American Idol, the BB awards or the CMAs...but they do watch the AMAs. So yea. I don't mind it if she performs BA again. As I've said before, it's my favorite song she's ever recorded :)

kdprouty

I have a question. Wouldn't singing BA on the AMA's help in possibly getting a Grammy nomination? That is what we are hoping for.

epicamends

I still hope and pray that she waits until the GRAMMY'S to debut TBC. :)

If she performs her own song at the Grammys, it will not be TBC. It will be a nominated song, either Good Girl or Blown Away, depending on which is nominated (hopefully at least one of them is).