Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blown Away On The Mediabase Charts (Blown Away Era)

keepplayingon2

You guys! There is still People's Choice Awards(so you all relax!!!) There is a big chance she would perform... she is nominated three times and PCAs loves her, so there is a big chance she would perform... besides, the viewers aren't simply just pop audience, there are tv and movie audiences too so she would receive an even bigger audience! :)

DaisyTweets

You guys! There is still People's Choice Awards(so you all relax!!!) There is a big chance she would perform... she is nominated three times and PCAs loves her, so there is a big chance she would perform... besides, the viewers aren't simply just pop audience, there are tv and movie audiences too so she would receive an even bigger audience! :)
Carrie isn't going to be performing at the PCAs -- they've already announced that Jason Aldean is going to be performing.

PRGuy79

I think extra Blown Away performances not only help that single, but also help the album in general because it is the title track. What do people do when they hear and like the song? They search for the title and find the album and are potentially exposed to all of Carrie's music. It can only be a win-win, in my opinion.

Schrodinger

Am I the only Carrie fan who ADORES NETY and TGFH??I think so.lol if TGFH was released as a single it would smash tbh..

I like both songs, I just not sure how they work as singles. If Carrie had more of teen following like TS (Thank God she doesn't) I think NETY would probably smash. TGFH really resonates with me because as an Air Force brat who's lived all over the place, I don't have a home town. The real problem is this album is so good it is deep with good singles. I'd go with CGS, WAW or even DYRM, not so much on the OWT train.

Gator

I'm and mom of two daughters, and 4 granddaughters. I totally get MS! (Thank goodness the granddaughters still to young to marry!) :D

gaycarebear

Am I the only Carrie fan who ADORES NETY and TGFH??I think so.lol if TGFH was released as a single it would smash tbh..

Uhhhh. No.

I still don't get MS. Sure, it's a sentimental ode that means alot to Carrie, but that doesn't mean I have to like it as a single. I still block that part of the PO era out.

teesharky

I really like Thank God For Hometowns too-- just a sweet, pretty, laid back car riding song. I would not want it as a radio single- but I love it as a good solid album track.

NETY is growing on me due to the African beats and cool melody. I am not thrilled with the lyrics but I love the second half of the song about the birds. lol

teesharky

I'm not sure if I should be laughing at this or cry???? Sometimes you are just too much! At this point we don't know what Carrie has planned and you're already dismissing her performance as boring and overkill.

You know, I've read and heard Carrie's award show performances described as many things BUT never have I read that they are boring. In fact, its quite the contrary, more often than not, Carrie's performances are the most talked about and the ones getting the most praise from fans and critics alike. Of all the award shows that she's performed at, I can think of only one or two where she didn't get stellar praise and reviews.

If she performs BA this Sunday, I feel confident that Carrie will add a new spin to the song and she will indeed blow people away.

I never said her performance was boring. I meant the song choices can be. I like how Sugarland does it: They mix it up and don't always do the expected single. They seem to like to promote the whole album and spice things up with unexpected song choices.

Carrie's performances are always stellar. That is not the issue. But sometimes Less is More. Why not leave BA for the Grammys (if asked) or end it on a high note- the CMAS- as that performane was EPIC. So was her performance at the Billboard awards.

I just want her to WOW everyone with a new song and really debut it with a bang.

See- she won't be able to perform TBC at a mainstream awards show until a year from now or more or never-- if she doesn't do it Sunday. She won't be asked to perform at the Billboards in 2013 as she performed in 2012 and they alternate performers. She likely won't get to perform at the AMAS in 2013 unless they make an exception, as they usually alternate performers for that too. Carrie rarely goes to the AMAS every year: she usually goes every other year, etc.

So my point is that if Carrie does not do TBC at the AMAs this year, there likely won't be another change to do it at a mainstream, non country award show.

We can't assume she will keep getting to perform at the Grammys every year. She may just present next year, etc.

teesharky

No Jason Aldean is performing at PCAS, and they usually only have 2 performers, 1 will be pop. So they won't have 2 country performers at PCAS. Not usually.

allamericangirl8

Nobody hates MS. It's just the song that represents the most stressful Carrie Underwood fan period of all-time, and that's where the "hate" comes from. I don't think anyone actually thinks it's an awful song (except maybe carebear4eva).

TGFH and NETY aren't hated; they're just the most inappropriate single selections of the bunch (according to Carriefans).