Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bruce Springsteen, Carrie Underwood to Perform at Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction!

Mirasa45A

due to Linda's blue bayou, sometimes people forget the writer and the original singer of the song..ha..ha..ha..

Last edited:

Marie2011

But we already predict it will be the next single, and released in June... lol So there is no surprise. (smile) Really hope it is true!

The surprised would be not having to wait until June to hear it, cause they'll release it in late May right after Automatic peaks to help increase ran album sales by making it to where Carrie fans can't just purchase the song on itunes

liz278

The surprised would be not having to wait until June to hear it, cause they'll release it in late May right after Automatic peaks to help increase ran album sales by making it to where Carrie fans can't just purchase the song on itunes

I still don't think I will buy the album, I'll just wait for it to be sold as a single.

northtexas

It looks like Bruce Springsteen is playing the electric guitar in the video also. If you look at the 1:48 and the 1:58 of the video and it looks like him to me. Anybody else think so?

That's from Roy's "A black and White Night" concert in 1987 and the all star band included Bruce Springsteen, Elvis Costello, T-Bone Burnett and a backup trio consisting of Bonnie Raitt, K.D. Lang & Jennifer Warnes.

teesharky

Good news. Sony Nashville posted this. It means Carrie was not edited out of the HBO special or they would not promote this, right?

Carrie Underwood Performs With All-Star Cast Honoring Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Inductee Linda Ronstadt | Sony Music Nashville

Apr 11 2014
Carrie Underwood Performs With All-Star Cast Honoring Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Inductee Linda Ronstadt

HBO will Premiere Induction Special on Saturday, May 31 at 9pm ET/PT
Six-time Grammy winner Carrie Underwood performed last night during the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame’s induction ceremony as part of an all-star cast honoring Linda Ronstadt. Underwood performed solo and alongside Bonnie Raitt, Stevie Nicks, Emmylou Harris, and Sheryl Crow on some of Ronstadt’s biggest hits including “Different Drum,” "Blue Bayou," “You’re No Good,” "It's So Easy," and “When Will I Be Loved.”
This year’s Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees included Peter Gabriel, Hall & Oates, KISS, Nirvana, Linda Ronstadt, Cat Stevens, the E Street Band, Brian Epstein and Andrew Loog Oldham.
The event was held last night at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York and will premiere on HBO on Saturday, May 31 at 9pm ET/PT.
Photo l-r: Sheryl Crow, Bonnie Raitt, Stevie Nicks, Underwood, Emmylou Harris Photo by Jim Spellman/WireImage for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
Rock%20N%20Roll%20HOF%20Jay%20Spellman%20WireImage%201595%20%281%29%204-10-14.jpg

maddkat

Staff member
To edit Carrie out they would have to edit out the whole tribute to Linda.
And since I read in several publications that that was one of the highlights of the show I don't think they''d do that.

I just hope they show DD.

Zman312

To edit Carrie out they would have to edit out the whole tribute to Linda.
And since I read in several publications that that was one of the highlights of the show I don't think they''d do that.

I just hope they show DD.

The introduction to Linda beings with Carrie, I doubt they will cut DD out. Plus DD is symbolic bc that was Linda's introduction to her career. I think they will keep all of it. If anything, they may cut Sheryl but I think they will show all of it.

sco

They better not edit her out!!

I'm starting to think worry wart tendencies are taking over. They aren't going to edit out an entire musical segment. They will edit the speeches and Bruce Springsteen played for over an hour, that segment will undoubtedly be edited. They may not play show every minute of the Ronstadt tribute but they are not going to cut it entirely.

epicamends

Knock on wood, but I'm pretty sure they won't edit out any of the musical tribute to Linda, especially since she wasn't there and so didn't have a speech that needs to be aired. The entire tribute to her was about 15-20 minutes, I think, which isn't that much compared to the other inductees who had more speeches.

The biggest thing they will have to cut will be the E Street Band's induction. No way will they air 45 minutes of speeches and over an hour of their performance.

Mirasa45A

Knock on wood, but I'm pretty sure they won't edit out any of the musical tribute to Linda, especially since she wasn't there and so didn't have a speech that needs to be aired. The entire tribute to her was about 15-20 minutes, I think, which isn't that much compared to the other inductees who had more speeches.

The biggest thing they will have to cut will be the E Street Band's induction. No way will they air 45 minutes of speeches and over an hour of their performance.

Also, since The Sound of Music Live, they know that Carrie Underwood is one of the biggest star for TV ratings.

pklongbeach

Ha ha, if you edit Carrie out there would not be a tribute!

She is part of the entire induction.

Tee, you are hilarilous!