Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie and Florida Georgia Line collab coming!

If this does in fact happen I hope the Carrie fandom doesn’t completely attack her.

On a side note, I noticed Carrie doesn’t follow them on Instagram or Twitter. She doesn’t follow that many people on Instagram but she follows a large number of musicians on Twitter...just something I noticed. If this is going on, you’d think she’d follow them.

I am pretty positive someone will ask her about it at the book tour so I guess time will tell.

simonplay

If this does in fact happen I hope the Carrie fandom doesn’t completely attack her.

On a side note, I noticed Carrie doesn’t follow them on Instagram or Twitter. She doesn’t follow that many people on Instagram but she follows a large number of musicians on Twitter...just something I noticed. If this is going on, you’d think she’d follow them.

I am pretty positive someone will ask her about it at the book tour so I guess time will tell.

Some fans are already over reacting in twitter badly, good thing she don't use twitter much.

CU4ever

Some fans are already over reacting in twitter badly, good thing she don't use twitter much.

Sigh, lol. people shouldn’t be getting that worked up. Just because it’s not their cup of tea isn’t grounds for attacking Carrie or FGL. Lol there have been some Carrie songs I didn’t like but I was ok with that. Carrie is a smart person, at the end of the day it’s her decision, I wish some fans wouldn’t overreact. It’s so unnecessary D:

LilUnderwood

Sigh, lol. people shouldn’t be getting that worked up. Just because it’s not their cup of tea isn’t grounds for attacking Carrie or FGL. Lol there have been some Carrie songs I didn’t like but I was ok with that. Carrie is a smart person, at the end of the day it’s her decision, I wish some fans wouldn’t overreact. It’s so unnecessary D:

this is why I rather discuss and get all things Carrie here at CF! Twitter is cut throat and people are acting like the world will end if she does this song.

maddkat

Staff member
^ like people on here acting like the world will end if people on twitter oppose it?

The song is garbage and the way they went about asking is garbage. Carrie has a label and they should have gone that route instead of placing Carrie in a no win situation.

maddkat

Staff member
Carrie built her artistry by leaps and bounds with Cry Pretty, and she would take huge steps back by collaborating with FGL. Their quality is abysmal.
This!
I can't see Carrie taking a step back and recording this bro song with two bros. Especially after what she just talking about in the interview at CRS.

I don’t know why but I low key feel bad for Carrie....she’s an adult who can make her own decisions, but it’s kinda annoying how this will end up being a disappointment to many people on both sides of this argument/ trap regardless of what ends up happening. FGL should not have posted that in the first place.

simonplay

I have a sense this is already something that's happened and this is a way to do big promo without making it obvious promo.

Both are too big of artists for one to put the other on the spot like that.

I bet it's already in the works or even recorded.

And from the clip, not a fan.

Yeah, I think and hope that is the case!

carrieidol1

I mean, music is music. Art is art. This is an opportunity to make good music with fellow musicians who clearly respect her. As an entertainer, you’re told never to say “no” to any opportunity to perform for more people. You can get political and talk about all that, but in the end, she’s an artist and this is art. If she likes what she hears, she should do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CU4ever

^ like people on here acting like the world will end if people on twitter oppose it?

I don’t think anyone is acting like the world will end if people on twitter oppose it, rather, it’s possible concern for if Carrie is subject to hate and attacks for the possibility of recording it and when / if she ends up recording it.

The only reason I’m not entirely convinced this is 100% happening is because they’re still commenting things that make it sound like it’s not confirmed. For example, on countrynow’s insta they put the praying hands emojis when the account reposted about it, and plus it was supposedly only written last week so that’s not really much time to have Carrie on board. I hate the social media pickup about this.

LilUnderwood

I don’t think anyone is acting like the world will end if people on twitter oppose it, rather, it’s possible concern for if Carrie is subject to hate and attacks for the possibility of recording it and when / if she ends up recording it.

completely agree!

maddkat

Staff member
and neither are people on twitter acting like the world will end.

bigd79

I don't feel like i've heard enough of the song to make an informed decision if i like it or not and to say yay or nay to Carrie doing this with them. Of course its not up to any of us so it doesn't really matter. I feel like she knows whether its a good idea to do it or not and i trust in whatever decision she makes. I do agree with those saying this was crappy of FGL to pitch a song this way which i would think they or at least their team would know this as well which steers me into the direction that they are intentionally steering up some pre buzz for this.

The timing does line up, they are working on their new album which needs some to life injected into it considering how this era has gone for them, also both DA and Blessings will probably peak somewhere close to the same time although i do think DA will eventually pass theirs and peak higher than Blessings. And then of course Carrie will most likely not have any of her own singles for awhile once DA is done. So...just sayin...it lines up. We'll see!

Farawayhills

The announcement struck me as a rather phony set up. The fact that they don't have her personal email or phone number proves she doesn't associate with them. And if they were actually hoping to get a collaboration, they could contact the HQ to discuss it with Carrie's management reps. That's normally the way it's done, unless the artists are already personal friends or touring together, Doing it (or pretending to do it) via a social media announcement sounds more like a publicity stunt. Unless they've already made professional contact behind the scenes, and this is just for show for their fans, I think many would consider it a pretty rude way of going about it.

I've no idea whether Carrie would respond in any way to such a public challenge - but if she wanted a polite let out, the usual way is to say that current commitments do not leave room for a collaboration at present.

CU4ever

A couple Country sites picked up the news and did a poll about whether or not they should collaborate. So far “Yes” is winning.

I think a lot of people just want Carrie to have a duet with someone since those are always exciting.

FanSince04

This!
I can't see Carrie taking a step back and recording this bro song with two bros. Especially after what she just talking about in the interview at CRS.

I don’t think the lyrics sound bro-country. The style is very FGL and Julia Michaels helping co-write gives it a pop vibe. This would not be a step backwards. Carrie speaking at CRS was about not more women being played on radio, women needing to be sent more demos, and women needing to given equal chances as men. I didn’t hear her say no more songs that don’t have a deeper messages or powerful meanings. Southbound could be seen as feel good and along the same terms as “Feels Good”. Backsliding could be as well.