Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie on Miranda's new cd - song - "Something Bad"

teesharky

Ty found this in USA Today- very promising. He posted it on the Billboard thread. Anyway- it said it is a hard charging stomp type song which highlights their vixen sides. haha loveit!

Farawayhills

Warning - this information cannot be confirmed as accurate, but this is what Amazon are saying:

1. The track will be sold as an MP3 download for 99p (i.e they are not at this stage expecting it to be "album only")

2. They are giving the track length as 2 mins 49 secs (to me, that short length does not suggest Country Rock...)

3. They are implying they've had the full album tracks since the 6th of April (though they are still listing the 2nd of June for public sale in the UK)

(Total running time for the album is 58 mins 15 secs)

maddkat

Staff member
^ the track list is up on itunes , 16 songs ,SB is #4
SB is 2:49 but itunes has it listed as album only right now.

pkc4rls

^ That is in a different order so that is weird. Guess It really does not matter. It makes sense that Automatic is listed first on iTunes since it was the first single so maybe it is correct??!!

pkc4rls

^ My iTunes shows SB as #4 like Maddkat's does lol. I have the exact same screen in that pic posted. But in the end, won't really matter for our purposes.

cary78663

Obsessed Chart Watcher
The tinypic track list is ordered by popularity, not by the order on the album. But Automatic is the only song currently available. So it is listed first. The rest of the list is in a random order.

pkc4rls

^ So which are you saying is right? The order on Amazon and those links by Marie? If so, I guess she is not the type to list her singles first like Carrie did.

EDIT: Ok, I went in from the general Miranda page on iTunes and now when I click on the album from that page (where you purchase), it does show it in the order like Amazon and those other links. So I guess you are right Cary in that the pic posted is a popularity chart only. And so far, it is showing album only for all the songs.

Farawayhills

I can't speak for i-Tunes, but it does look as if Amazon will sell all the tracks separately (once released), at the same standard price - at least in the UK

teesharky

Ok so what are your theories about the diamonds on the single cover artwork? A fan on twitter told me that miranda did a radio interview saying the song has a Thelma and Louise vibe to it. Hmmm this is sounding really interesting.

Jewel heist?

Murder?

Black widows? Lol

The possibilities are endless. It could be a TWo Black Cadillacs x2 situation or a spin off of Goodbye Earl?

Carrieflattsfan

Personally, I think it's ridiculous that Carrie fans think Sony is trying to make Miranda the next Carrie.

Miranda worked her way up for years before radio paid any attention to her, and she's always been known as a songwriter and not a vocalist.

There's really no comparisons to these two, other than the fact that they're both blonde Country singers, and honestly people make her out to be a much bigger threat than she is (or ever will be) to Carrie.

Carrie has been vocal about her support for Miranda for years now, and Miranda praises her constantly.

Both ladies have different styles, personalities and fans.

The label can do whatever they want with Miranda, but she's quite established herself and certainly doesn't need a boost from somebody else. She was selling Platinum albums and winning ATOY awards and having an impressive amount of success before she broke out. On top of that, she came in third on Nashville Star and still managed to steadily build a career, despite the slower climb.
Miranda, like Carrie, has had plenty of success, and I think it's unfair to suggest two artists cannot have fun together without someone speaking negatively of Miranda to build Carrie up.
There doesn't have to be a motive behind everything, and Miranda is no threat, but her own artist.