Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie's Streaming Numbers

Zach1998

I really want to see a push for streaming from team Carrie. I think some can be blamed on her fanbase is older and not the typical steamer, but a lot of the younger newer artists get put in tons of playlists (and good positioning in them) despite having much less name recognition than Carrie.

Also hope she takes note that the more songs she has on an album the better. Doesn’t have to be the obnoxious 36 tracks like Morgan has on his upcoming album, but a solid 15-18 song would help streaming out, and that amount is starting to be the norm.

CU4ever

I really want to see a push for streaming from team Carrie. I think some can be blamed on her fanbase is older and not the typical steamer, but a lot of the younger newer artists get put in tons of playlists (and good positioning in them) despite having much less name recognition than Carrie.

Also hope she takes note that the more songs she has on an album the better. Doesn’t have to be the obnoxious 36 tracks like Morgan has on his upcoming album, but a solid 15-18 song would help streaming out, and that amount is starting to be the norm.
I do agree about the older fan base, but Carrie has been so, so popular even today, that I personally have noticed she has a large number of young fans and is still very buzzy and viral. I was surprised at the concert I went to, tbh, most everyone I saw was 16-30. Yet for some reason these fans don’t seem to stream Carrie’s music, maybe it’s a lack of promo? I just really badly want her team to push for streaming, but why do I feel like they won’t?

DirtyLaundry

I do agree about the older fan base, but Carrie has been so, so popular even today, that I personally have noticed she has a large number of young fans and is still very buzzy and viral. I was surprised at the concert I went to, tbh, most everyone I saw was 16-30. Yet for some reason these fans don’t seem to stream Carrie’s music, maybe it’s a lack of promo? I just really badly want her team to push for streaming, but why do I feel like they won’t?
Carrie is still popular but she’s also been around fifteen years… for better streaming numbers she needs some bigger hits than she’s gotten on the last two albums. Country music is challenged anyway with streams because it’s only popular in NA, so it’s hard to do some damage there unless you are the new big thing or you have a smash hit. Hence why UMG was all about the international push when they signed Carrie, but I think they may have tried that a bit too late.

Honestly though if Carrie wants to up her streams next era she would likely just need to have a few features on her album, maybe even across genres. That might not be a priority if her discography is any indication but it’s a pretty easy way to generate buzz. Perhaps Carrie is just happy making the music she wants to make though, and that’s fine too.

PRGuy79

Carrie is still popular but she’s also been around fifteen years… for better streaming numbers she needs some bigger hits than she’s gotten on the last two albums. Country music is challenged anyway with streams because it’s only popular in NA, so it’s hard to do some damage there unless you are the new big thing or you have a smash hit. Hence why UMG was all about the international push when they signed Carrie, but I think they may have tried that a bit too late.

Honestly though if Carrie wants to up her streams next era she would likely just need to have a few features on her album, maybe even across genres. That might not be a priority if her discography is any indication but it’s a pretty easy way to generate buzz. Perhaps Carrie is just happy making the music she wants to make though, and that’s fine too.
I just remember the news release when she signed with Universal. Not only did it emphasize a focus on international exposure, Carrie's quote credited the Universal team with their drive/motivation. It implied a focus on remaining commercially viable and an ongoing competitive spirit. If that is still true, the team needs to adapt.

Eder Rodrigues

Unfortunately, some record labels only invest in promoting a song or album in the first week. New investments will arise based on the results. Most big country music artist's songs don't make big numbers, even with #1 on country radio. The next thing they will stop doing is music videos, as the consumption of this format is already outdated.

Zach1998

I really hope music videos don't go away. I know they are getting less and less popular (everyone's music video #s are low now), but I always thought they help elevate a song and bring it life. I thought the music videos on Blown Away made the songs even better than they already were.

ChoctawCountyAffair

yess pleasee, more songs! i wouldn't even mind a double album! i know we are very lucky because only a few artists get to record so many albums, but i am greedy, i want more!

CU4ever

I just remember the news release when she signed with Universal. Not only did it emphasize a focus on international exposure, Carrie's quote credited the Universal team with their drive/motivation. It implied a focus on remaining commercially viable and an ongoing competitive spirit. If that is still true, the team needs to adapt.
Her team has basically done nothing to help her. They promote her songs to radio, sure, but they often have chosen the wrong songs, and then that’s all they’ve really done. D&R release week was so bleh. There is no reason she can’t have streaming hits. She’s been around fifteen years, sure. So has Taylor swift. And IIDLY was a smash. The champion did very well. And those weren’t long ago.

ChoctawCountyAffair

Her team has basically done nothing to help her. They promote her songs to radio, sure, but they often have chosen the wrong songs, and then that’s all they’ve really done. D&R release week was so bleh. There is no reason she can’t have streaming hits. She’s been around fifteen years, sure. So has Taylor swift. And IIDLY was a smash. The champion did very well. And those weren’t long ago.
Something i really don't like is how it seems like their only focus is on radio. Songs now take months and months to climb on radio charts, and all the momentum is gone in the end.

I would love more push on streaming, more performances on social media that younger people use. I love Carrie but why do they always premier on facebook instead of twitter (where it could really go viral) or tiktok? Sales are basically dead except for a few lucky ones, but one thing she could do is different color vinyls, target exclusive, deluxe editions that have more songs and voice memos, etc.

Also, they said they wanted to make her an international star and nothing was done. She hasn't even announced the uk leg of the tour yet.

I know it may seem like too much, but i really want her to keep being on the top for years to come

CU4ever

Something i really don't like is how it seems like their only focus is on radio. Songs now take months and months to climb on radio charts, and all the momentum is gone in the end.

I would love more push on streaming, more performances on social media that younger people use. I love Carrie but why do they always premier on facebook instead of twitter (where it could really go viral) or tiktok? Sales are basically dead except for a few lucky ones, but one thing she could do is different color vinyls, target exclusive, deluxe editions that have more songs and voice memos, etc.

Also, they said they wanted to make her an international star and nothing was done. She hasn't even announced the uk leg of the tour yet.

I know it may seem like too much, but i really want her to keep being on the top for years to come
I completely agree with everything you said. It is great that her label focuses on radio, I definitely want her to have number one hits, but that should just be a small part. I mean the label has a whole team that sits in a room all day and promotes their songs, it doesn’t take a lot of extra work on their part. Streaming is where it is at. If Carrie had a song go viral on tiktok (many country artists have had one, even Reba!) that could be amazing. But like, there is zero effort. And then there are things you said such as the colored vinyl and things like that. The label could absolutely do that, and it is frustrating sense universal music does it for other artists. I mean we didn’t even have her album in the store for release day 😪. I wonder if she will sign with someone else after her next album

FanSince04

I completely agree with everything you said. It is great that her label focuses on radio, I definitely want her to have number one hits, but that should just be a small part. I mean the label has a whole team that sits in a room all day and promotes their songs, it doesn’t take a lot of extra work on their part. Streaming is where it is at. If Carrie had a song go viral on tiktok (many country artists have had one, even Reba!) that could be amazing. But like, there is zero effort. And then there are things you said such as the colored vinyl and things like that. The label could absolutely do that, and it is frustrating sense universal music does it for other artists. I mean we didn’t even have her album in the store for release day 😪. I wonder if she will sign with someone else after her next album
I think she will stick with UMG. Truthfully, I believe she is happy. Her priorities don’t seem to be our priorities and that’s ok.

Zach1998

Oh Carrie is for sure sticking with UMG. That’s going to be her label from now until the end of her career most likely.

While I don’t think that the pressure is there to smash like she used to I do still think she would like her new material to be as successful as possible. No artist puts out a body of work they are proud of and doesn’t want it to have the best shot at being as successful as possible.

I think a lot of frustration comes from the lack of adapting in promoting her new material, to change with the change in how music is being consumed now. If she was streaming this way after even attempting to have a streaming push that’s one thing, but a lot are just seeing all the untapped potential to getting her material out there.

CU4ever

Oh Carrie is for sure sticking with UMG. That’s going to be her label from now until the end of her career most likely.

While I don’t think that the pressure is there to smash like she used to I do still think she would like her new material to be as successful as possible. No artist puts out a body of work they are proud of and doesn’t want it to have the best shot at being as successful as possible.

I think a lot of frustration comes from the lack of adapting in promoting her new material, to change with the change in how music is being consumed now. If she was streaming this way after even attempting to have a streaming push that’s one thing, but a lot are just seeing all the untapped potential to getting her material out there.
That is exactly what I am thinking. Sure, if they really tried to get Carrie’s music to be streamed, and it just didn’t work, that would be one thing. But thete is very little effort, really none at all, to bring Carrie’s music and career into the streaming world and make it successful there. And I fully believe that of there was an attempt that her music would do very well with streaming. Like I mentioned a few posts back, she has had streaming hits, even very recently. So it is possible, there’s just no effort to make it happen from her team. If the champion, for some reason was a huge smash streaming hit, then there’s no reason all of the bops on D&R can’t be. It’s so frustrating because I feel like there will never be An effort and therefor she will never really have a hit outside AirPlay again. And she definitely can and should still have a few big hits left in her career

montdu39

Five steps I wish Team Carrie would take:

1. They need to promote her bops on TikTok and Instagram Reels, try to start challenges or trends there.

2. They need to ensure her singles are on playlists, and advertised in prominent places on Spotify and Apple Music etc.

3. They need to include more songs on her albums to help with streaming numbers.

4. They need to do more promo when the album is released. Do all of the talk shows, lots of interviews, social media posts, TikTok videos etc.

5. They need to offer special editions of the album, different versions, which make the fans buy more copies.

Zach1998

^
Agreed. And those all are pretty low effort things to do, but could/would make a huge difference. Also believe if she didn= signed copies of the CD those would sell like hotcakes (that's a little more effort on her part, so I'd understand not doing it, but all those other are low effort and wouldn't really require much of CU.)

Last edited:

countrymusicfan15

#3 for sure!! Didn’t we all think we might be getting a double album with D&R lol I thought we all picked up some clues and hints toward that

CU4ever

^ Does anyone wonder how Carrie's Christmas singles did better than any from D&R so far chart-wise? I almost wonder if there was more streaming access to those. I was thinking about the things we mentioned here that we wish Carrie's team would do, and I think another one they could do would be trying to get one of her songs in a commercial of some sort or on a tv show. That would help a lot. Perhaps it is why FTOY did so well, despite not even initially being on the album

Zach1998

^ Does anyone wonder how Carrie's Christmas singles did better than any from D&R so far chart-wise? I almost wonder if there was more streaming access to those. I was thinking about the things we mentioned here that we wish Carrie's team would do, and I think another one they could do would be trying to get one of her songs in a commercial of some sort or on a tv show. That would help a lot. Perhaps it is why FTOY did so well, despite not even initially being on the album
What do you mean did better? Like streaming? Chart placement?

Zach1998

Hot 100-wise. Like, Hallelujah peaked higher than GS, HMH, DA, Southbound, CP, and LW. And then FTOY came close to out-peaking all of those and did outpeak a few
Christmas music is different game over traditional albums. It's just a different niche that appeals across all genres. So she was also able to reach a completely different audience during that time. The same way My Gift comes back every year and sells well during the holiday season. If I remember correctly those two peaked the week of Christmas when the holiday season was at it's peak.