Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie's Streaming Numbers

Eder Rodrigues

Was "Take Me Out" taken out of a playlist or something, because it was streaming pretty consistently then randomly took a nosedive.

Was curious if it was in some type of new music playlist, then after it had been released for a month was removed, because the nosedive correlated to around it being out for a month.
There has been a change in the playlists, but the number of listeners reached remains the same for three weeks, around 3.2 million. Something that can affect performance is the placement of the music and the algorithm's recommendation in the shuffle function.

FanSince04

There has been a change in the playlists, but the number of listeners reached remains the same for three weeks, around 3.2 million. Something that can affect performance is the placement of the music and the algorithm's recommendation in the shuffle function.
Actually that number has dipped slightly from its peak. I’ve been watching it for a week now and it has bobbed up and down, but hasn’t regained it’s peak.

Last edited:

Eder Rodrigues

Take Me Out
Week 06: 242,253 (+13%) [2,184,069 total streams]

Out Of That Truck
Week 19: 942,193 (-36%) [18,562,232 total streams]
P.S.: Effect of being placed in the lower position on the Hot Country Playlist, precisely #37.

CU4ever

Good placement on playlists matter… the proof is below

NEW PEAK

11,401,088 monthly listeners
(+26,114 in 3 days)

OOTT is #21 on HCS Spotify playlist
OOTT has 19,180,002 streams
700K new streams in a few days really speaks to the power of good placements in playlisting! So happy to see it

Zach1998

Honestly after OOTT peaks at radio sometime next year, I wouldn't mind if they just threw one of the new deluxe tracks into the major playlist just to bring in some extra streams.

I know Miranda's team did that with "I'll Be Loving You" and had it in the major playlist for a handful of months even though it wasn't a single. I say this because I can't imagine another actual single after OOTT, since it is going to be a longer chart run.

NC State Carrie Fan

Are these streaming gains impressive? Seems her team is finally putting more effort into playlisting.
Yes, they are pretty impressive for Carrie! For reference, Ghost Story and Hate My Heart hovered around 3 million streams per month, even with GS being a lead single. OOTT is on track to hit 5M streams this month, which is the type of numbers If I Didn't Love You was bringing in. If we can keep this momentum and the song gradually rises up the chart (slow charts actually help streaming), it could be the massive streaming hit that D&R needs.

On a separate note, in looking back at past posts, Carrie's streams have DRASTICALLY improved over the last year - even the last 6 months. BHC was doing 6M monthly in 2021, 8M monthly at the end of 2022, and has done 12-13M the last few months. The rest of Carrie's hits have also seen a gradual bump of an extra few hundred thousand streams monthly as well. This for sure ties into the monthly listener increase. Carrie's monthly listeners used to be around 8-8.5M and started to rise around Christmas, which is normal since the release of My Gift, but they have not gone down and are still around 11.4M. I am not sure if Carrie's label is finally to get behind promoting her in the streaming era, if OOTT is really doing wonders, or what the deal is, but it is very interesting.

CU4ever

Yes, they are pretty impressive for Carrie! For reference, Ghost Story and Hate My Heart hovered around 3 million streams per month, even with GS being a lead single. OOTT is on track to hit 5M streams this month, which is the type of numbers If I Didn't Love You was bringing in. If we can keep this momentum and the song gradually rises up the chart (slow charts actually help streaming), it could be the massive streaming hit that D&R needs.

On a separate note, in looking back at past posts, Carrie's streams have DRASTICALLY improved over the last year - even the last 6 months. BHC was doing 6M monthly in 2021, 8M monthly at the end of 2022, and has done 12-13M the last few months. The rest of Carrie's hits have also seen a gradual bump of an extra few hundred thousand streams monthly as well. This for sure ties into the monthly listener increase. Carrie's monthly listeners used to be around 8-8.5M and started to rise around Christmas, which is normal since the release of My Gift, but they have not gone down and are still around 11.4M. I am not sure if Carrie's label is finally to get behind promoting her in the streaming era, if OOTT is really doing wonders, or what the deal is, but it is very interesting.
I kind of wonder if this is why lol

FanSince04

Good placement on playlists matter… the proof is below

NEW PEAK

11,401,088 monthly listeners
(+26,114 in 3 days)

OOTT is #21 on HCS Spotify playlist
OOTT has 19,180,002 streams
#21 on Spotify’s HCS playlist
(NO CHANGE)

NEW PEAK

11,414,038 monthly listeners
(+12,950 in two days)

OOTT

(+344,843 in two days)

Eder Rodrigues

Take Me Out
Week 07: 222,367 42,253 (-8%) [2,406,436 total streams]

Out Of That Truck
Week 20: 1,136,140 (+21%) [19,698,372 total streams]
P.S.: Boost from being placed in a higher position on the Hot Country Playlist (#21). Next week can be higher, as the song is back to #5 on the Playlist.

FanSince04

Take Me Out
Week 07: 222,367 42,253 (-8%) [2,406,436 total streams]

Out Of That Truck
Week 20: 1,136,140 (+21%) [19,698,372 total streams]
P.S.: Boost from being placed in a higher position on the Hot Country Playlist (#21). Next week can be higher, as the song is back to #5 on the Playlist.
NEW PEAK

11,430,330 monthly listeners
(+16,292 in one day)

montdu39

Who decides the positioning of songs on the playlists? Do the label have any pull here? Can they pay for better placement?

Eder Rodrigues

Who decides the positioning of songs on the playlists?
Spotify

Do the label have any pull here? Can they pay for better placement?
Spotify claims not to accept direct payment from record labels to obtain better placement of songs in its playlists. The app's algorithm is designed to analyze data such as the number of plays, shares, likes, and saves for a song to determine its relevance and popularity. However, it is evident that the practice does exist, it's just not openly acknowledged.

montdu39

It’s definitely happening because OOTT keeps jumping down the playlist when new songs come out but then goes right back up to #5 or so. The label must be pushing for it to stay near the top of the playlist.