Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Country Album Sales Comparison

Eder Rodrigues

Update:

I included Eric Church, Miranda Lambert and Brantley Gilbert. I'm going to put only the first 10 weeks and update the total for every album weekly.

Predictions for Florida Georgia Line went from 350k, to 100-200k and now is at 185-195k. The Swon Brothers will open with 10-12k.

Last edited:

mooret

you dont think there is over one hundred thousand true fans of carries that would buy G.H. ! with new music on album something in the water is worth buying it!!! i no 10 people that are buying it but have not ordered yet but will and maybe more!!

opry051008

Thanks Eder, you are AWESOME and so good to us Carrie fans.

I was thinking that you should create another thread so that you can post your updates in the first post of that thread and I'll close this one.

Kizmet311

Eder, thank you so much for doing this for us. I am loving your chart, although the album sales are truly dismal. So far, I have bought Miranda Lamber, Brad and the Swon Brothers. I will get around to buying Lady A before the end of the year probably. Do you need someone to help you find the current totals for Eric Church and Miranda Lambert's albums?

Pi314CA

Eder, thank you for assimilating all these sales figures. With all the first week sales numbers already gathered, may I request a tabulation of previous album to current album comparison for various country artists. It seems that the album-to-album first week sales have dropped about 30-40%. Unfortunately, that is the state of this industry.

Eder Rodrigues

Eder, thank you for assimilating all these sales figures. With all the first week sales numbers already gathered, may I request a tabulation of previous album to current album comparison for various country artists. It seems that the album-to-album first week sales have dropped about 30-40%. Unfortunately, that is the state of this industry.

Just a few artists

px7w9cz.gif

Kizmet311

Eder, thanks so much! I love your charts! I think that you should start a new thread in the music forum and put all your charts in the first or second posts. Then the moderators can make them a sticky and we can keep them for as long as you are willing to update them.

opry051008

The sales are pretty depressing..

I just looked at this weeks album sales at Roughstock. Maybe I should be glad Carrie isn't releasing an album this quarter after all.

Top 10 Country Albums With Notables
Top 10Top 200ArtistAlbumSalesTotal
1Jason AldeanOld Boots, New Dirt278,000278,000
6Blake SheltonBringing Back The Sunshine34,000135,000
11Lady Antebellum74724,00098,000
14Kenny ChesneyThe Big Revival20,000188,000
31George StraitCowboy Rides Away Live11,00098,000
34Tim McGrawSundown HeavenTown9,000116,000
37Luke BryanCrash My Party9,0002,164,000
42Brad Paisley Moonshine In The Trunk7,000102,000
48AlabamaAngels Among Us7,00034,000
50Brantley GilbertJust As I Am7,000591,000
Notables54SoundtrackBest Of Me Film OST6,2006,200
81Chase RiceIgnite The Night6,10093,900
--Doug SeegersGoing Down To The River1,9001,900
--Keith UrbanFuse1,500397,100
--Old DominionOld Dominion EP1,0001,000
--Scotty McCreerySee You Tonight700252,400
--JoDee MessinaMe6009,100

Kizmet311

Wow, Keith Urban can't even scan gold now? How long has Fuse been out?

Let's face it. Bro country dominates. It's the only thing selling platinum anymore.

Gator

Interesting. Pretty low sales from some of country's 'heavy hitters'. It seems Kenny Chesney's songs fly up the chart, but comparable sales aren't there. His new song "Til It's Gone" is already at #22 on Mediabase.

adam1995

Maybe because there are so many country albums being released this quarter the sales are puulling away from each artist as people may only be purchasing one album instead of one each week.

ethelu

Maybe because there are so many country albums being released this quarter the sales are puulling away from each artist as people may only be purchasing one album instead of one each week.

That's very possible, it's a really crowded field right now. Carrie waiting until December seems like a good idea now, even if it is closer to Christmas than I wanted, lol!

gocountrymusic

Interesting. Pretty low sales from some of country's 'heavy hitters'. It seems Kenny Chesney's songs fly up the chart, but comparable sales aren't there. His new song "Til It's Gone" is already at #22 on Mediabase.

I feel like Blake Shelton's most recent singles have been performing the same way.

PNGcarriefan95

^Do you guys think ML will be able to go Platinum with her Platinum album? As in not just certified for shipments but actual sales of the album. SB is kind of almost done on radio and that's the 2nd single and according to the above tweet she has yet to get past 500K in actual sales. I don't see her performing on any mainstream shows, maybe the Grammys but I really don't think so.