Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Country Album Sales Comparison

JB172

Does anyone have LBT's new album? Is it good? I do think Day Drinking is pretty catchy.

I haven't bought the album but have heard most of the tracks on you tube and I think it's a really good album but they are just another victim of how album sales are and when your album sales are just alright to begin with and you don't sell, things go bad like their opening week sales.

It's to bad because they are very talented.

Last edited:

maddkat

Staff member
Does anyone have LBT's new album? Is it good? I do think Day Drinking is pretty catchy.

Girl Crush is amazing.The cd is really solid.
I think DD is one of the weakest tracks.It's clearly not helping sell the cd.
Not sure why they don't dump it for a better song.

Eder Rodrigues

Update (Chart: Nov 9, 2014)

I included "Rewind", by Rascal Flatts

fx0uYCH.gif

PRGuy79

^^Yikes all around on those totals. I'm really worried that the Swon Brothers will lose their album deal with those totals. The other artists at least have their longevity and reputation working for them. But those type of sales for a new artist spell big trouble. That's a real shame because they are super talented and seem like great people, too. I hope things turn around through the holiday shopping season.

Eder Rodrigues

Sorry about the delay. Tough week for me.

*New entries*
Sam Hunt's Montevallo
Darius Rucker's Home For Christmas

Also included: Dierks Bentley, Cole Swindell and Jennifer Nettles

Update (Chart: Nov 16, 2014)

tM67HQk.gif

Kizmet311

Thanks for the update and no worries about it being late. We just appreciate you doing this for us!

Wow at Sam Hunt and good for him, I guess. His first week sales beat a lot of artists that have been around for a while. He's right up there with Lady A and Tim McGraw.

Kizmet311

Oh and this post is to JB and Donna - I did start listening to Pain Killer although I never made it through the whole album. I did get to hear Girl Crush and you were both right - it is an amazing song. I am glad to hear that it is going to be their next single. I can't say that the rest of what I heard did much for me, but it's because a lot of their music is either too mellow for me or sounds like it came out of the 60s/70s, which are two decades of music that I do not like all that well.

teesharky

^ Do we have Garth Brooks' numbers yet? I feel like Trisha is going to have a very bad opening week for some reason. There does not seem to be too much interest and her lead single was a dud. I love her though.

Also Do you have Leanne Rime's exact Christmas album numbers? Just curious. tx.

Poor Darius Rucker. His numbers are bad too. Everyone is doing pretty bad lately.

Pi314CA

^^^Per HITS, here are the sales for last week that just published today. Actual Soundscan numbers will come out in the next day or two.

All-genre:
4. Garth Brooks 126k, ---
10. Jason Aldean 28,557 -18%
17. George Strait 23,058, ---
18. FGL 22,373, -26%
19. Zac Brown Band (Greatest Hits) 21,395, ---
22. Sam Hunt 17,329, -40%
32. Darius Rucker 11,310 +15%
40. Luke Bryan 9,518, -40%
45. Blake Shelton 7,262, -66%
46. LBT 7,235, -29%
48. Kenny Chesney 7,140, -32%
49. Blake Shelton (Christmas album), 7,096, ---

txacar

^^^Per HITS, here are the sales for last week that just published today. Actual Soundscan numbers will come out in the next day or two.

All-genre:
4. Garth Brooks 126k, ---
10. Jason Aldean 28,557 -18%
17. George Strait 23,058, ---
18. FGL 22,373, -26%
19. Zac Brown Band (Greatest Hits) 21,395, ---
22. Sam Hunt 17,329, -40%
32. Darius Rucker 11,310 +15%
40. Luke Bryan 9,518, -40%
45. Blake Shelton 7,262, -66%
46. LBT 7,235, -29%
48. Kenny Chesney 7,140, -32%
49. Blake Shelton (Christmas album), 7,096, ---

Sad, isn't it? Taylor sold more than the top 10 country artists combined. Zac Brown's GH sales are interesting. I think Carrie will do much better. Thought Garth would sell more, but his act really looks outdated now. No appeal to the younger crowd. Pop artists (other than TS) didn't fare very well, either. Surprising so close to Christmas season.

txacar

Wow only 21K for ZacBB's Greatest hits cd? I am getting worried now for Carrie.
Zac doesn't have SITC, tho. That song is everywhere. I love ZBB, but don't think they have the universal appeal that Carrie enjoys. I'm still hoping for at least three times Zac's number. My gosh, CF members will almost equal Zac by the time we get our multiple gift copies lol.

opry051008

Wow only 21K for ZacBB's Greatest hits cd? I am getting worried now for Carrie.

I was worried a long time ago, even the country single sales are pretty dismal. At least ZBB's GH will get a Black Friday boost, Carrie's GH won't even be out yet. : (

However, ZBB had no promo and as txacar mentioned above, Carrie has SITW. I still think she'll open with less than 100K but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's at least 75K.