Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Country Album Sales Comparison

PNGcarriefan95

^How many singles from the album do you reckon she'll get? 4? 5? I hope it's 4, cause then everyone will need to move aside for Carrie's next album.

maddkat

Staff member
^ I hope 5 so next summer/fall she's still working Platinum.If not she might be releasing a new cd next fall.

Kizmet311

I think she'll get 5 singles, because that is the norm for her and they typically try to have more Miranda singles to move more product. Unlike with Carrie, they don't have a Top 2 streak to keep alive, so they can get the benefit of potentially more sales out of a single without worrying about it damaging Miranda's chart record. I think with Carrie, they weigh the potential extra sales versus having a single not go Top 2 and decide it isn't worth it, because Carrie has probably reached a higher level of saturation since her sales are generally well over a million.

Kizmet311

^Ouch, indeed. I do like Day Drinking and think it's catchy, but I've only ever bought one LBT album. Whenever they were on tour with Carrie, they put on such a good live show that I went and bought the CD at the merchandise stand as they were selling autographed copies. I think their music generally comes across much better in the live, in-person atmosphere.

So far this fall release season, I have bought Brad's album and the Swon Brothers. I have a feeling I may come to regret both of those. While Moonshine has some good tracks and some classic Brad, he really doesn't seem to stray too far from the typical Brad formula. I think Shattered Glass is one of my favorites on the album. I like Perfect Storm, but She's Everything did the same subject SO much better. I found the Swon Brothers album to just be "eh". I don't know if Zach's voice isn't as good as I remember or if the production sucks, but there is very little memorable material on the album other than "This Side of Heaven", which is easily the best track on the album, in no small part due to Carrie, I'm sure. I like Pretty Beautiful ok, Later On isn't bad, and there was some song with highway in the title that was pretty good. I'm just afraid that I have wasted $20 on a couple of albums that I will probably never listen to again after the newness wears off.

I was hoping that I was going to get a good album from Taylor to tide me over until Carrie's new one, but the two preview tracks she has released make me think otherwise. I could still try out Lady A or Blake or Jason, but I just haven't decided to commit myself to spending that money yet. I guess I'm just going to have to go back to listening to old Carrie albums, Miranda's platinum and David Nail's albums. Those are the three artists that I constantly return to to listen to their music.

Eder Rodrigues

^Ouch, indeed. I do like Day Drinking and think it's catchy, but I've only ever bought one LBT album. Whenever they were on tour with Carrie, they put on such a good live show that I went and bought the CD at the merchandise stand as they were selling autographed copies. I think their music generally comes across much better in the live, in-person atmosphere.

So far this fall release season, I have bought Brad's album and the Swon Brothers. I have a feeling I may come to regret both of those. While Moonshine has some good tracks and some classic Brad, he really doesn't seem to stray too far from the typical Brad formula. I think Shattered Glass is one of my favorites on the album. I like Perfect Storm, but She's Everything did the same subject SO much better. I found the Swon Brothers album to just be "eh". I don't know if Zach's voice isn't as good as I remember or if the production sucks, but there is very little memorable material on the album other than "This Side of Heaven", which is easily the best track on the album, in no small part due to Carrie, I'm sure. I like Pretty Beautiful ok, Later On isn't bad, and there was some song with highway in the title that was pretty good. I'm just afraid that I have wasted $20 on a couple of albums that I will probably never listen to again after the newness wears off.

I was hoping that I was going to get a good album from Taylor to tide me over until Carrie's new one, but the two preview tracks she has released make me think otherwise. I could still try out Lady A or Blake or Jason, but I just haven't decided to commit myself to spending that money yet. I guess I'm just going to have to go back to listening to old Carrie albums, Miranda's platinum and David Nail's albums. Those are the three artists that I constantly return to to listen to their music.

I only buy Carrie albums, and I don't even listen the physical copies.
With Spotify, Deezer and other countless streaming services it makes no sense to me to buy an album. I just go there, listen, save in playlist the songs I liked and that's it.
I dind't like any albums but Miranda. Everything I've been listening is quite disappointing, Brad, Lady A, Swon Brothers, Aldean, Blake, etc...

Kizmet311

I definitely need to start making use of Spotify before buying an album. The only reason I might buy an album is if I do love it, I would need to buy it to listen to it in my car or I have to pay for the Spotify subscription, which I currently don't.

PRGuy79

Yikes. These album totals are truly depressing. What is going on? I know that album sales have been falling for some time in the age of digital sales, but this seems extreme!

Kizmet311

The only thing I can figure is that it's extreme saturation of the country market right now. A lot of people who are country music fans are fans of a lot of artists and it is just too much to try and buy all of these albums that are coming out week after week. Once upon a time (when I wasn't married and a mother and had more extra cash), I bought every Tim McGraw, Rascal Flatts, Keith Urban, Brad Paisley, Martina McBride album released. I just bought them all because I loved country music. Now, I just don't have as much disposable income to spend on myself, so I don't. Also, I think the streaming services like Spotify have REALLY taken off. Why buy an album when you can listen to it for free the day it comes out? Spotify doesn't work on mobile devices (like my iPhone) unless you have a subscription (except my Kindle, it works on there to play a whole album straight through), but you can still listen to it all day long at work or play it from a home computer. And for $120 a year you can listen to everything on your mobile devices, so it's cheaper than trying to buy every CD that comes out. My husband and seriously consider paying for it, although we haven't done it yet. Most artists do put their CDs on there the day they are released, so you don't even have to wait. Taylor was a major exception with Red, but I don't know if there are other artists that do that.

Eder Rodrigues

Update

GU84kSa.gif

Kizmet311

Wow, Blake the King of Country Music? I think not..... Long live Brentley Gilbert, whoever that is...........

Brantley is bro-country in my opinion. Maybe he isn't, but I lump him in with them for some reason. He has a very husky, gritty voice. I am honestly surprised that he is gold. I didn't think he was that popular. Some of his songs are "You Don't Know Her Like I Do", "Country Must Be Country Wide", and that's all I can remember, lol. I also know he was engaged to Jana Kramer, but that ended and apparently he is now engaged to some girl that he has known for 10 years and is apparently the subject of some of his songs (like the first one I mentioned).

Kizmet311

Wow, Blake the King of Country Music? I think not..... Long live Brentley Gilbert, whoever that is...........

If you go by sales, though, Eric Church should be the new King of Country. (smiley) He released before Brantley and is now outselling him week by week!

JB172

The day of not being able to get a hard copy CD at a box store is getting closer and closer, at some point the only way someone can get a hard copy of a CD will be through the artist's website, the label website or sites like Amazon.

Kizmet311

If you go by sales, though, Eric Church should be the new King of Country. (smiley) He released before Brantley and is now outselling him week by week!

I do have to correct myself though. I am sure Jason will outsell Eric when it is all said and done. Plus, Jason is a major road warrior and can sell out stadiums.

teesharky

Holy crap. I expected Brantley Gilbert to sell 30k and LBT to sell 100k. What is going on? Brantley has like 1 hit so g right? Lol

Eder Rodrigues

Hits Daily Double numbers (Official numbers tomorrow)

The prediction for Litte Big Town was 30-35k. They sold a few more.

5 FLORIDA GEORGIA LINE - ANYTHING GOES 59,075 (-71%) 256,000
6 JASON ALDEAN - OLD BOOTS, NEW DIRT 55,888 (-39%) 425,000
8 LITTLE BIG TOWN - PAIN KILLER 40,305 (NE)
26 BLAKE SHELTON - BRINGING BACK THE SUNSHINE 11,047 (-39%) 164,000
27 LADY ANTEBELLUM - 747 10,400 (-31%) 123,000
31 KENNY CHESNEY - THE BIG REVIVAL 9,705 (-30%) 212,000
40 GEORGE STRAIT- THE COWBOY RIDES AWAY 7,107 (-23%) 114,000
42 TIM MCGRAW- SUNDOWN HEAVEN TOWN 6,710 (-15%) 131,000