Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Dec 5] The Sound of Music Live! (Official Discussion Thread)

Carrieflattsfan

Carrie loves Nashville, country music, and her fans more than anything.

Tabloids love to stir up drama, and haters/critics can give them plenty of it. Carrie doesn't feed into that garbage, so tabloids find other ways to do it. Pathetic.

Carrie's tweets before and after TSOM spoke volumes; she's proud of this project and loved it. There's no story here.

jptexas

I watched the show again today and it gets better everytime I see it. During the live show, I was looking for errors, mistakes, bad notes, etc and not really enjoying it like I should have. This time around, I was thinking what all the fuss was about because she did an amazing job. Simply amazing. And now, with all the new ratings coming in, it's all that much better. Great job Carrie Marie Underwood. I don't read the National Enquirer, but it seems to me that Carrie is being inundated with other offers. I mean, numbers don't lie. I think she'll be busy with her new album but thinking about other offers at the same time.

10is4love

OMG NBC sent me all these goodies today in the mail! Just in time for Christmas! I had no idea they made a tshirt! Itis one of those nice longsleeve baseball tshirts!

BcNBLAZCQAAaGAX.jpg

Did you order the bundle from NBC?

huggablebri

its so nice for us to sit here and talk about all the good that has or will come from this, but it will be up to Carrie to pursue those things. It doesnt take a brain surgeon to say that although the SOM ratings were amazing, Carrie still got slammed down big time and not just by critics. I mean unless i have missed it, she has never even blogged on the fan club or talked about the final outcome of the SOM. I think that says alot about where she is at this time.

12russ79

its so nice for us to sit here and talk about all the good that has or will come from this, but it will be up to Carrie to pursue those things. It doesnt take a brain surgeon to say that although the SOM ratings were amazing, Carrie still got slammed down big time and not just by critics. I mean unless i have missed it, she has never even blogged on the fan club or talked about the final outcome of the SOM. I think that says alot about where she is at this time.

Your posts use to be interesting to read now their just stupid..
Carrie is home getting ready to enjoy Christmas with her friends and family..
MERRY CHRISTMAS CARRIEFANS...

liveasong

?!?!?!?

Farawayhills

She's also been back at the Opry - where both her performance and reception were a triumph. Her public life looks to be in a very good place. Don't be misled by "slammers" - who'll run their course. They've been matched by a big welling of support, which matters more in the long run.

liz278

Your posts use to be interesting to read now their just stupid..
Carrie is home getting ready to enjoy Christmas with her friends and family..
MERRY CHRISTMAS CARRIEFANS...

Tell us how you really feel ;-)

MERRY CHRISTMAS to you too!

teesharky

^ yes the thing is, even though I was caught up in all the haters on twitter and nasty critics--- the truth is-- there was a barrage of support for Carrie as well. Not just on twitter among her fans- but among her peers, including A-list actors like Cameron Diaz and Debra Messing, etc.

Hollywood oddly really came through for Carrie, as well as her country friends/peers. Not all obviously- but many showed public support.

The more I watch this, the better Carrie does. haha I am watching the DVd now for the first time, and Carrie really was adorable. She was just a different sort of Maria from Julie Andrews....and alot of people didn't like or want that.

But if Julie Andrews had never played this role before-- I swear Carrie would be getting much more praise now then she got otherwise, due to the comparisons to Julie that she can never live up to.

If this was the first time SOm had aired- and Carrie was the first Maria- people would have loved her and been raving about her. It is the comparison to the movie that killed it for some close minded critics and haters.

pkc4rls

She's also been back at the Opry - where both her performance and reception were a triumph. Her public life looks to be in a very good place. Don't be misled by "slammers" - who'll run their course. They've been matched by a big welling of support, which matters more in the long run.

Yes, agree :). Your description of who this often comes from is probably quite accurate (slammers lol). Even "critics" can often fall into that category it seems, when they see it is the popular thing to do. I think that is the danger of acting like, in the heat of the moment, that all out there dislike her and are out to get her, because then we sometimes almost convince others of that very thing - in that there are no supporters of Carrie out there and that simply is not the case. And I also think another problem lies in the issue that there is this assumption often that when we don't hear from Carrie, something is automatically wrong. I have heard that said before. To assume that the only option for not hearing from her is that she is in despair or something is more then likely never the case.