Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Dec 5] The Sound of Music Live! (Official Discussion Thread)

Gator

^^ It seems whenever Carrie is "quiet" -- it's like the "quiet before the storm"! Something is brewing, and only time will tell what the surprises are that Carrie has in store for us! :)

huggablebri

Your posts use to be interesting to read now their just stupid..
Carrie is home getting ready to enjoy Christmas with her friends and family..
MERRY CHRISTMAS CARRIEFANS...

I guess some found my post interesting enough to respond. And even did in a nice way. All I was saying, is that I would be interested in What Carries thoughts are after what all has transpired after the airing of SOM. I would never call anyone's posts or opinions stupid. Merry Christmas to you also.

mbh

I guess some found my post interesting enough to respond. And even did in a nice way. All I was saying, is that I would be interested in What Carries thoughts are after what all has transpired after the airing of SOM. I would never call anyone's posts or opinions stupid. Merry Christmas to you also.

Your post is NOT INTERESTING!!! Your post is ANNOYING!!! Period. And MY OPINION, TOO - YOUR post is a "STUPID" POST.

pkc4rls

I will say that for me when Farawayhills responds to something in her/his logical, accurate, and calm way, I find that it then often calms me lol into giving the issue some logical reflection before answering. Kudos to her/him and some others that often have that type of calming responses that makes me want to then do the same lol. The problem is that they don't always beat me to my less then calm responses lol :(

Last edited:

mbh

She's also been back at the Opry - where both her performance and reception were a triumph. Her public life looks to be in a very good place. Don't be misled by "slammers" - who'll run their course. They've been matched by a big welling of support, which matters more in the long run.

I agree!!! VERY WELL SAID!!!

rainbow1

I will say that for me when Farawayhills responds to something in her logical, accurate, and calm way, I find that it then often calms me lol into giving the issue some logical reflection before answering. Kudos to her and some others that often have that type of calming responses that makes me want to then do the same lol. The problem is that they don't always beat me to my less then calm responses lol :(

If I'm not mistaken, I think she is a he. I'm with you though, Faraway just makes things OK!!!

cary78663

Obsessed Chart Watcher

Many of us would like to see Carrie blog about her SOM experience. And if that is all you had said, nobody would disagree. But your last sentence implied that the lack of Carrie blogging indicates that she will probably be gunshy about taking on future projects like this. And you cannot just assume that. Now this is just my opinion, but I think this is more about social media. Remember Carrie tweeted a simple comment about mean people finding Jesus and she was crucified on the Internet for the Jesus reference and being thin-skinned. So I think Carrie is simply gunshy about putting anything out on the Internet and that includes blogging on the fan club. We have already seen more than one of Carrie fan club blogs quoted in the tabloids.

Daraebe

its so nice for us to sit here and talk about all the good that has or will come from this, but it will be up to Carrie to pursue those things. It doesnt take a brain surgeon to say that although the SOM ratings were amazing, Carrie still got slammed down big time and not just by critics. I mean unless i have missed it, she has never even blogged on the fan club or talked about the final outcome of the SOM. I think that says alot about where she is at this time.

Actually, Carrie posted on the SOML thread on the FC.

pkc4rls

If I'm not mistaken, I think she is a he. I'm with you though, Faraway just makes things OK!!!

Oh really - did I already know that and forgot?? I have heard he/she called she before so assumed. Nah, that logical a person has to be a she lol wink wink. But honestly, is that the case? Sorry Faraway if so. I corrected it to be either in case lol.

pkc4rls

^ Yeah, Tee always deserves that stuff because she will defend Carrie at all cost and that is very admirable.

opry051008

^^True. When I searched for Carrie-related tweets, most of the tweets were related to SNF and only a few about SOM. Many tweets were about Carrie's hotness lol, and only a few still whined that Faith's version was better.

There really isn't that much. There are a trickle of tweets with the expected Julie Andrew/Carrie comparisons, but nothing really nasty. And even that is already dying down.

Even haters have a hard time arguing about Carrie's vocal ability and hotness. lol.

12russ79

If that's really all you were saying then I wouldn't of called your post stupid my friend.. LOL You tried to get into to Carries head and tell us she is in hiding or something..
She put her heart and soul into that project and I'm sure she is in heaven over the 44 million veiwers that watched it.. And a few critics and even some of her own fans critisising her effort isn't going to change that.. Who knows what Carrie has in store for us next.. One thing for sure it will be something just as incredible and amazing as TSOM live was... I know your a fan of hers so why not just be proud of the fact that someone your a fan of was able to pull off something that very few people
on earth could have done...

PS- CONGRADS TEE YOU DESERVE IT MY FRIEND(!)

opry051008

I actually did not know Stephen got any criticism besides that one article and it was minor so that is interesting. Well, no one was bad in either, including Stephen, as I said and actually I had not even thought of the Christopher/Stephen comparison until I saw the movie again tonight. And you refer back to hate and that is not what i am talking about because i don't look at the hate - I was more just referring i guess to constructive comparisons. I guess that is why I found myself comparing because Carrie got all this criticism and now I see that people could have rightfully compared many of the other characters also but chose to mainly only compare the two Marias. I feel bad even comparing now because I was so upset that people compared Julie and Carrie and because all did so well in both productions and all deserve recognition - especially those in the live version because of the enormity of the task they had.

When you consider the amount of viewers this had, there really was little said about the production and other players, everyone wanted to talk about Carrie, good or bad.

I personally felt that Stephen was bad casting. Not because of his acting or singing (although I don't understand why Carrie had to loose her "country" accent while Stephen could keep his British accent) but because I think that Carrie's Maria would have benefited more from another actor who would have interpreted the Captain Von Trapp role as a kinder and gentler man (which in reality, he was). But that's just my opinion. : )

pkc4rls

I was watching SOML again tonight because I hadn't in a few days and then watched the SOM movie last night and then I started comparing them in my mind. But when I watch SOML again, I forget all that silliness because it is just so good. I sometimes forget to remind myself this was done live - live - live. I watched all again and am still always totally amazed that they pulled that off with almost no flaws. I was watching the scene where Carrie and the kids have to go up and down the stairs and then skip to the fountain and run around it and I just cannot believe no one stumbled or fell in that scene. The potential for messing up is just endless when you watch it but yet they didn't and not only did they not mess up, but did fantastic throughout. It is just unreal what they pulled it off and with all of the cast doing so well.

opry051008

I watched the film version tonight for the first time in years. Julie played such a different type Maria than Carrie. I hadn't remembered that big a difference. Maybe it's because I'm so invested in Carrie...but I get teary in so many places in her version. I never felt like shedding a tear tonight in watching the film. The warmth of Carrie is so predominate.....and I love the relationship of Carrie and the Mother Superior so much more in LIVE! Still love Julie...and the film....but CArrie's just gets to me!!

OMG, it's like I wrote this post. Great minds think alike rainbow1. : )

Btw, the ice storm brought down a tree branch across my driveway too. Hope you've been freed, at least I'm still able to get out. lol.

opry051008

I was watching The Sing-Off finale on NBC tonight and they ran a commercial promoting SOML being available on DVD.

Btw, sorry for so many separate posts but CF keeps automatically logging me off every 30 seconds or so, so I have to get my post in whenever and as quickly as I can. lol.

pkc4rls

When you consider the amount of viewers this had, there really was little said about the production and other players, everyone wanted to talk about Carrie, good or bad.

I personally felt that Stephen was bad casting. Not because of his acting or singing (although I don't understand why Carrie had to loose her "country" accent while Stephen could keep his British accent) but because I think that Carrie's Maria would have benefited more from another actor who would have interpreted the Captain Von Trapp role as kinder and gentler man (which in reality, he was). But that's just my opinion. : )

Yeah I had watched the SOM movie and got that started because I was kind of comparing (bad I know since we hated them comparing the Marias) Christopher's approach vs Stephen's approach (not their acting or singing abilities and nothing was particularly wrong with either of those for either actor) and I was kind of thinking the same thing was all - Carrie and Carrie's Maria seem so gentle and soft spoken that I could almost picture Carrie's Maria with Christopher's Captain lol. But oh well, maybe opposites really do attract lol since many seemed to think they went well together. Anyway, I was kind of trying to say that in a round about way and I think maybe Tee thought I thought Stephen did bad or such since she said he didn't deserve all the hate he got on twitter etc or wherever he got it. (Sorry Tee if not understanding correctly what you meant). I never thought Stephen did bad btw - just had the thoughts above.

And opry, yes I agree on what you said about people only wanting to talk about Carrie.

opry051008

Yeah I had watched the SOM movie and got that started because I was kind of comparing (bad I know since we hated them comparing the Marias) Christopher's approach vs Stephen's approach (not their acting or singing abilities and nothing was particularly wrong with either of those for either actor) and I was kind of thinking the same thing was all - Carrie and Carrie's Maria seem so gentle and soft spoken that I could almost picture Carrie's Maria with Christopher's Captain lol. But oh well, maybe opposites really do attract lol since many seemed to think they went well together. Anyway, I was kind of trying to say that in a round about way and I think maybe Tee thought I thought Stephen did bad or such since she said he didn't deserve all the hate he got on twitter etc. (Sorry Tee if not understanding correctly what you meant). I never thought Stephen did bad btw - just had the thoughts above.

And opry, yes I agree on what you said about people only wanting to talk about Carrie.

Nobody deserves hate on twitter, our children deserve a better world.

Their relationship would have worked better for me if I saw a softening in Stephen's character from the moment he realized that he was in love with Maria but that didn't happen. In addition, Stephen kept talking in a "broadway" kind of way (if you know what I mean) so that didn't help with Carrie's soft spoken approach, as you mentioned. I actually thought that Carrie's reaction was better than Stephen's in that moment during the dance when they realized they were in love. (But that's harder to judge because we really didn't get a good look at Stephen's face at that moment.)

cary78663

Obsessed Chart Watcher
Nobody deserves hate on twitter, our children deserve a better world.

Their relationship would have worked better for me if I saw a softening in Stephen's character from the moment he realized that he was in love with Maria but that didn't happen. In addition, Stephen kept talking in a "broadway" kind of way (if you know what I mean) so that didn't help with Carrie's soft spoken approach, as you mentioned. I actually thought that Carrie's reaction was better than Stephen's in that moment during the dance when they realized they were in love. (But that's harder to judge because we really didn't get a good look at Stephen's face at that moment.)

To be fair to Stephen, he had to go Broadway to make the scenes with Elsa and Max work as Laura and Christian were playing their characters in full Broadway mode. And it would be tough to switch back and forth.