Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Dec 5] The Sound of Music Live! (Official Discussion Thread)

maddkat

Staff member
http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/20.../01MCCARTHY-MILLER.html?ref=television&_r=0#1

2ppa53c.jpg

2a4xueh.jpg

e9g5jr.jpg

2hhf6hl.jpg

sets are gorgeous

JB172

I HATE musicals.. idk why. I have just never been a fan of Wicked or any of the other big names. But, I AM looking forward to this! Just LOVE Carrie in any thing!

I am not a fan either and she will be the only reason that I will sit through three hours of it.

10is4love

Will anyone be able to record this 'special' and make it available for others to see? Have to head out for family dinner...(x.x) no TV

teesharky

I am sure someone will record it- hopefully Blitzer? :)

very excited ted about the show tonight and parade tomorrow!

teesharky

Ahh this is getting better and better! Great pics and great NY times Article! I got the EW mag today and if is a very good article too. I will scan it tonight!

guys- I really do think Carrie's comment about getting HAte Tweets is helping! Twitter has sudden been filled with positive supportive tweets ever since People mag and EW yahoo etc picked up the story!

And the comments below the articles are good - mostly. Haha big improvement from how crappy the twitter comments have been the past months!

good job Carrie! People are upset you are getting hate and they are coming to your defense now!

Daraebe

It’s an amazing cast,” Ashford says. “When people ask me what’s the most unbelievable part of the process, it’s the cast. You couldn’t get this cast to do a Broadway show. You just couldn’t get them. And to have them all in the room? We did a run-through in the studio before we came out to Long Island and just when Audra McDonald and Carrie Underwood finish singing “My Favorite Things,” you get Christian Borle and Laura Benanti and Steven Moyer. And not only that. The nuns who are in charge of the abbey are Christianne Noll, Jessica Molaskey and Elena Shaddow.”Ashford understands he and his cast of 60 are treading much-revered territory, here.

“I keep telling people that I love the Julie Andrews film, everyone does,” he says. “We’re not trying to replace it by any means. We’re just doing another version of the musical.”

Ashford likes what he has seen in rehearsal. “The first time we did the Mother Abbess and Maria scenes together — she and Audra playing off each other — the purity and truthfulness of what Carrie was giving Audra and then Audra giving that richness back. It’s a wonderful dynamic, with the Mother Abbess trying to teach her about life, about opening up into life and those are lovely parallels. From that moment on, Carrie has just devoured it.”

Ashford, who taught Harry Potter to dance, says Underwood’s learning curve hasn’t been too steep. “The great thing is that the character of Maria and the natural character of Carrie are in alignment to start with. They’re very similar in objective, in complicity, in straightforwardness, in a naivete, and a real drive and a push behind that. It has been a lovely mix.”

She came in completely prepared to work, realizing exactly what she was undertaking. She has worked so hard and been diligent and taken on this part and project and job like gangbusters. It’s been lovely seeing her Maria open up and watch Carrie learn from these amazing pros.

Rob Ashford: Finding the von Trapps and taking them to the moon - In the Wings

cary78663

Obsessed Chart Watcher
Ashford likes what he has seen in rehearsal. “The first time we did the Mother Abbess and Maria scenes together — she and Audra playing off each other — the purity and truthfulness of what Carrie was giving Audra and then Audra giving that richness back. It’s a wonderful dynamic, with the Mother Abbess trying to teach her about life, about opening up into life and those are lovely parallels. From that moment on, Carrie has just devoured it.”

I love this part.

cary78663

Obsessed Chart Watcher
I think that regardless of what happens on Dec 5, it is clear that Carrie has learned so much during this experience. And I think that is going to move her music to another level as well as giving her a great foundation if she wants to do more acting or musical theater.

teesharky

^ agree! Carrie must have grown as an actor and vocalist by such a big margin from this! No matter what happens- she will come out of this on top.

Trial by fire indeed! Lol but she reminds me of Rocky Balboa or Rudy. Few people seem to believe she can do this as she is the ultimate under dog. But she thrives in that position- she is a fighter and competitive.

opry051008

^ agree! Carrie must have grown as an actor and vocalist by such a big margin from this! No matter what happens- she will come out of this on top.

Trial by fire indeed! Lol but she reminds me of Rocky Balboa or Rudy. Few people seem to believe she can do this as she is the ultimate under dog. But she thrives in that position- she is a fighter and competitive.

I knew Carrie would sound good but I had no idea her voice would be so gorgeous. I'm addicted to Cary's mp3 lol.