Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Denim and Rhinestone Tour

PRGuy79

Carrie was always shy and awkward in interviews which can be frustrating at times because she's not very descriptive and gives minimal answers - kind of kills the energy sometimes that way haha. I wish she was a bit more engaged in interviews like she is hosting award shows. But I think this has especially been her vibe ever since her accident a few years ago - I don't know if she's still a bit conscious about it or has just been impacted by that event in the context of public appearances. She was starting to get more comfortable (esp in many of her Storyteller interviews I felt like she had gotten very comfortable) but now not so much.
I agree that many of her interviews are awkward, which is strange because she's been in the business for nearly 20 years. I know it isn't her strong-suit, but I feel like she needs to try harder sometimes. She is competitive and understands that you need to work hardest at the thing that comes least natural. With lagging streaming and social media engagements in general, those who are viewed as authentically engaging with the public are reaping the most rewards. Carrie needs to let her guard down more and if that means media training, I think she should be open to it. Sometimes she comes off as aloof and almost dismissive, and we know that isn't her heart - but others who we need to join the fanbase may not know that and may be turned off.

CU4ever

I agree that many of her interviews are awkward, which is strange because she's been in the business for nearly 20 years. I know it isn't her strong-suit, but I feel like she needs to try harder sometimes. She is competitive and understands that you need to work hardest at the thing that comes least natural. With lagging streaming and social media engagements in general, those who are viewed as authentically engaging with the public are reaping the most rewards. Carrie needs to let her guard down more and if that means media training, I think she should be open to it. Sometimes she comes off as aloof and almost dismissive, and we know that isn't her heart - but others who we need to join the fanbase may not know that and may be turned off.
I was searching through carries old tweets a few weeks ago from 2018-2019 (to see pics from the Cp tour) and it seemed she used to tweet a lot, lot more than she does now. I miss hearing from her 😭 but maybe this tour will give her some things to talk about on the road? But completely agree with you

txacar

Surprising, considering she graduated college magna cum laude with a BA in Mass Communications (emphasis on journalism, although she has said her career expectation was TV rather than print media). I love the interviews she does overseas. Always light and fun and she seems very relaxed. Here at home, she has lived with unbelievable pressure from the moment she won Idol. Criticism and resentment from the country music community, and outright hatred from various fan bases -- just unbelievable. No wonder she is stiff and uncomfortable; only natural she would be wary of being judged on every word she utters (as she is for every tweet she "likes). So unfair. Think of the charities, hospitals, animal shelters, victims of natural disasters, etc. that have benefited from the millions of dollars they've received thanks to her warm and generous heart. Oh well, as long as I can hear that beautiful voice singing the music that I love, guess I'll relax and enjoy the stiff little interviews, too. Love her!!!!

Smokyiiis

Surprising, considering she graduated college magna cum laude with a BA in Mass Communications (emphasis on journalism, although she has said her career expectation was TV rather than print media). I love the interviews she does overseas. Always light and fun and she seems very relaxed. Here at home, she has lived with unbelievable pressure from the moment she won Idol. Criticism and resentment from the country music community, and outright hatred from various fan bases -- just unbelievable. No wonder she is stiff and uncomfortable; only natural she would be wary of being judged on every word she utters (as she is for every tweet she "likes). So unfair. Think of the charities, hospitals, animal shelters, victims of natural disasters, etc. that have benefited from the millions of dollars they've received thanks to her warm and generous heart. Oh well, as long as I can hear that beautiful voice singing the music that I love, guess I'll relax and enjoy the stiff little interviews, too. Love her!!!!
You said this so much better than I did!

carriefan14

Ff-KFe-Yv-Xg-AAf-V-O-jpg.jpg
Ff-KL8-K0-WYAEo-9m.jpg
Ff-KL8-K1-Xw-AAo-M2-L.jpg

montdu39

The tour looks amazing. She plays the DRUMS? She flies twice, one time doing acrobatics!
However, no Pink Champagne and No Velvet Heartbreak?

tgbrinker

She does Garden and Flat on the Floor (the album cut that will never die) rather than Pink Champagne or Velvet Heartbreak

*eye twitch*

otherwise, from what I can find on Twitter, the setlist is stacked!

RIP See You Again and Smoke Break though :(

also, just one song from Cry Pretty…..

Awesome how after six platinum or better albums, they still find a way to squeeze 8 songs from the new album into the show!