Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

E! Fashion Police on Tonight for Globes with Joan Rivers :)

AnthonyLovesCarrie

I've Only seen the show a couple of times before tonight, and I will say some of Joans comments crack me up. Like the one about Helena Carter's hair lol.

As far as her taking a shot at Carrie's album, I doubt she even listened to it. She probably just said it to be funny (and failed).

Also, if you want to see Joan get a taste of her own medicine, YouTube her Comedy Central Roast. :D

DizzyDollyDee

I loved that grey ruffled dress -how could anyone not like that and especially tiny Carrie who can wear anything!!!!!
I never liked Rivers anyway - always so mean - she has been forced to mellow some but still could come a long way!

gran29

I almost spewed my Coke all over when she made that comment about Helena Bonham Carter's hair. LOL She was on a roll tonight for sure. I'm kind of glad they skipped over Carrie.

Jade_kt

I've Only seen the show a couple of times before tonight, and I will say some of Joans comments crack me up. Like the one about Helena Carter's hair lol.

As far as her taking a shot at Carrie's album, I doubt she even listened to it. She probably just said it to be funny (and failed).

Also, if you want to see Joan get a taste of her own medicine, YouTube her Comedy Central Roast. :D

Yeah I think you are right. I doubt Joan River's has listened to Carrie's album. I think she was just trying to make fun of Carrie's dress going on forever and so used the Play on title/song to make a crack at it. I kind of laughed when she said it but being a fan I was also like quit dissing my girl...lol.

Last edited:

CarrieFan_01

Joan took a shot at Play On on E's weekly Fashion Police the week of the CMAs. That's the only negative comment I've ever heard Joan say about Carrie.
It's just Joan's shtick. She doesn't like a dress and she makes a rude comment about the celebrity. Carrie's a singer so she took a shot at her music. I highly doubt Joan Rivers actually listened to Play On. Her worst shot at Carrie was years ago back when she was on TV Guide.

It's just who Joan Rivers is. She says disgustingly mean things about celebrity's and she's made a living for herself out of it.

Jade_kt

^^^^Yes I wasn't too offended by the Play on crack/joke. The only one that offended me was when called Carrie the B word. She did have nice things to say about Carrie at the grammy's though. So I think it just comes down to what she is thinking at the moment and she just says it.

carriefan2000

come on, its fashion! its purely subjective.

Rivers is super funny. One of the rare people on tv who can actually crack a funny joke randomly. Yeah, she is mean, but flip side is she is honest and funny.

undrwood9098

No worries. The Grammys are in a couple weeks, and if Carrie attends that (hopefully she will!), she will easily be on that Fashion Police special since the Grammys focus purely on singing.

I love Joan Rivers right now. :p "I love Snooki as a blonde!" "That's Christina Aguilera!" "Oh... so it is...." :rofl:

Claire2004

^^^^Yes I wasn't too offended by the Play on crack/joke. The only one that offended me was when called Carrie the B word. She did have nice things to say about Carrie at the grammy's though. So I think it just comes down to what she is thinking at the moment and she just says it.

What made her say that about Carrie? Was there an incident before? I'm kinda 50-50 about Joan, she's funny but can be real b***** at times. lol

Jade_kt

What made her say that about Carrie? Was there an incident before? I'm kinda 50-50 about Joan, she's funny but can be real b***** at times. lol

She called her that because Carrie walked past her and didn't stop to let her interview her on the redcarpet and so she called her a stuck up snob or B on live tv. But Carrie was performing at the beginning of the Grammy's that day and her manager was rushing her in to get ready to perform/sing and so Carrie wasn't able to stick around for interviews. So alot of Carriefans/people complained on Joan as they thought it was rude and unprofessional for her to call Carrie that. Shortly after that, Joan mentioned in an article she was fired from or no longer able to do the redcarpet interviews but didn't disclose why. Most of us assumed it was because of what she said about Carrie on live tv since it happened shortly after that incident and alot of people complained about her comment. But we never really knew for sure.

Either way it seemed like it was squashed since she gave Carrie good compliments at the grammy's last year.

Last edited:

thaifood

Just to add to what Jade says , Joan also inferred that Carrie felt she was to good to stop & speak to Joan & that Carrie had gotten to where she was on her knees & should go back to the trailer park.

I have no doubt that this brutally nasty woman was fired for these inane comments. She is not funny now & truth be told, she lets her "humor" border on the nasty & brutal.

Claire2004

Just to add to what Jade says , Joan also inferred that Carrie felt she was to good to stop & speak to Joan & that Carrie had gotten to where she was on her knees & should go back to the trailer park.

I have no doubt that this brutally nasty woman was fired for these inane comments. She is not funny now & truth be told, she lets her "humor" border on the nasty & brutal.

Yikes I know she can be harsh but I did not know she can be as nasty as this. Those were tasteless, crude comments. I don't care if she was nice to Carrie at the last Grammys. Some things you just can never take back and make up for.

pklongbeach

I agree with you Clair. Somethings you just don't get to take back like they never happened.
I don't care that it is her job to be gross and disrespectful, maybe she should get another job.
She could always get on "her knee's" and scrub Carries toilets for a living.
She may as well considering she is nothing but reality show trash now.
Sorry. Forgiving and forgetting is not one of my best traits.

12russ79

Joan Rivers Dissing Carrie is something that has been going on for years. Its nothing new the only difference now is that Carrie is a huge Megastar and Rivers career is floating down the sewer bumbing into pieses of @hit as it sinks down a never ending spiral of meaninless and pointless insults!! Ignoring Rivers is one of the best things Carrie has done in her Career!!

teesharky

yes Joan and Melissa were mad at Carrie at the 2007 Grammys, because they sad Carrie didn't do an interview with the and was snotty and aloof. They mistook her shyness for snobbery, as do many people, unfortunately.

JB172

Yikes I know she can be harsh but I did not know she can be as nasty as this. Those were tasteless, crude comments. I don't care if she was nice to Carrie at the last Grammys. Some things you just can never take back and make up for.

She has always been like that and it's the same nonsense that Joan Rivers wannabe Perez Hilton does, they both say crap just to get attention drawn to themselves.

Pi314CA

I agree with you Clair. Somethings you just don't get to take back like they never happened.
I don't care that it is her job to be gross and disrespectful, maybe she should get another job.
She could always get on "her knee's" and scrub Carries toilets for a living.
She may as well considering she is nothing but reality show trash now.
Sorry. Forgiving and forgetting is not one of my best traits.

Speaking of gross and disrespectful, I read that the GG host happened to disappeared for about an hour during the middle of the GG broadcast. The speculation is that he got severely spoken to due to his nasty, dirty, disrespectful jokes at the beginning of the GG so much so that several actors made not-so-kind remarks back at him.

fearless_dancerrr

^^^I don't think it's the music. Personally I think she still holds a grudge from being fired after making a negative comment about Carrie and took that w/ her and so just says stuff about the person not just about their looks/dress but beyond (i.e. their career/life, etc) in general. And since that was around the time of PO, she made that comment. But she was somewhat laughing/joking about it and so it didn't come off as harsh as when she just called Carrie the B word. So I wasn't too upset about it and just blew it off as her trying to poke fun of Carrie's dress since her dress did go on and on....lol. Even though I love that dress :D

woah woah woah. what happened with this? i don't remember hearing about this..? she called her the b-word!??

EDIT: nevermind.. i see you answered this above.

Kizmet311

Well, I guess I can delete this from my DVR then. I never got around to watching it last night and it looks like I don't need to bother!