Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Feb 12] The 54th Annual Grammy Awards (Official Discussion Thread)

maddkat

Staff member
Does anyone know what the CMTs' eligibility cut-off is? Will Good Girl video be eligible for nominations?

Last year the cutoff was March 28 so GG would be eligible if they get it out with the single, or close to.

Videos that debuted on CMT between March 2, 2010, and March 28, 2011, were eligible for the 2011 CMT Music Awards. Finalists were determined by a blue-ribbon panel that included noted country music

mlawlor

Either way she cannot carry a tune. Neither can I or the frogs.

I think that the blame for Taylor last night rests entirely with Grammy voters, not because Carrie didn't win, but because Taylor's Mean did.
I thought Taylor did as well as she could last night in her performance, and it was a lot better than some of her other performances the universe has seen.

I'm really happy Lady A won Country Album, and I also like how in the entertainment news I read today, I saw three things over and over again about last night at the Grammy's. 1)Adele's win 2) Whitney Houston tributes 3)Carrie Underwood as "best dressed".

BTW...Does anyone else find it a bit strange that the two songs Carrie was singing at the Grammy's were released almost a year apart from each other?

DaisyTweets

You know Tee, it is frustrating but like my Grandmother (retired music/vocal teacher) said---"one day you are headlines and before you know it you are footnotes and hope the talent you have is great enough for you to hang in there". That will happen to SWSRN and according to the look on her face when Miranda Lambert won the award for female vocalist and when Lady A won the Grammy for country record, she will not handle that fall well at all. She is not versatile enough to make it in the world of music and can not act well enough to be in that world. She has this arrogant attitude that she should be winning because she deserves to win. Frankly, I pity her.
Adam, your grandmother is a very wise woman! After seeing SWSRN react like a spoiled brat twice after a loss, it kinda makes me wonder if she knows or believes, well I know Big Machine has bought and paid for me to win these awards so I better get my 'OMG' face ready. And then she doesn't win and we're seeing her true reaction.

And is it my imagination or has there been alot more comments and digs in the press about her 'OMG' reactions? And these comments and digs are the good kind of comments!

AdamJ

DaisyTweets--my Grandmother is a very wise, kind woman--everyone should have a Grandmother like her--I am blessed for sure. My friends and I have noticed too that she is getting more negative comments than ever before from the press, etc.. Also, a couple of friends went to her concert a few months ago when she was in this area and said that her management lied about selling out---there were lots of empty seats. They have hyped her up so much that when she falls--it will not be good--and I hope she can handle it. Like I said before--I pity her but she has gone along with this farce of being a vocalist and selling herself out as a Disney princess -and she will have to deal with the backlash when and if she ever decides to be an adult.

carebear4eva

Haha, apparently GaGa and Ran hit it off!

1) Y'all. I have a new friend! @ladygaga from NYC and a Texas girl. Who new! She is really sweet! The odd couple... well not really!

2) She likes to cook and as of tonight is a fan of the randarita! :) (bacardi and crystal light)

3) Wonder what my new friend @ladygaga is up to today? Hehe:)

Also, can I just say that I have so much respect for Miranda? Check out her tweets from a few minutes ago.

"How dang long did they give Nicki Minaj to do whatever that was? Strange. And Chris Brown twice? I don't get it. He beat on a girl. Not cool that we act like that didn't happen. He needs to listen to Gunpowder and lead and be put back in his place. Not at the Grammys."

R
E
S
P
E
C
T

DaisyTweets

I'm rewatching Adele's performance from last night and it made me wonder something, has she gotten any flack from critics and the press for just standing at her mic and singing? Seems kind of a double standard if some can do it and others (namely Carrie) get ragged on it all the time and how can they be a true entertainer?

Pi314CA

anyone have a video of Lady A winning country album?
Becca

Here you go. It's at around the 1:04-1:08 mark. I didn't see a sour face but showing no happiness for Lady A was evident. Not rejoicing for your peers is pretty sad and does not speak well of yourself.

Gator

Oh my, I was just reading some comments on MJ's blog below the performances. On person said this: " I even enjoyed Taylor Swift, who clearly had dedicated another song to Kanye. "
Do people really believe Mean is about Kanye??

bigbluegrl23

I'm rewatching Adele's performance from last night and it made me wonder something, has she gotten any flack from critics and the press for just standing at her mic and singing? Seems kind of a double standard if some can do it and others (namely Carrie) get ragged on it all the time and how can they be a true entertainer?

not gonna lie, I adore Adele, but there is a major double standard. But there always is towards Carrie. Btw, really interesting thing i heard the other day in regards to Whitney Houston. Someone was saying how when she was in her prime, critics always got on her for not singing songs that were worthy of her voice. Sound familiar?
Becca

carebear4eva

Here you go. It's at around the 1:04-1:08 mark. I didn't see a sour face but showing no happiness for Lady A was evident. Not rejoicing for your peers is pretty sad and does not speak well of yourself.

Oh, no...She's pissed...Here's her face when Own The Night was announced.

abc.jpg

AdamJ

Oh, no...She's pissed...Here's her face when Own The Night was announced.

View attachment 28360

I'll say she is pissed big time. She thinks she deserves all the awards. Big Machine and the music industry have created a monster named Taylor. She does not bother to hide her reaction at all. She knows that no matter what she does she will not be called out for it be the industry, press or anyone --other than the angry fans of other artists.

mlawlor

I'll say she is pissed big time. She thinks she deserves all the awards. Big Machine and the music industry have created a monster named Taylor. She does not bother to hide her reaction at all. She knows that no matter what she does she will not be called out for it be the industry, press or anyone --other than the angry fans of other artists.

At least George Strait was smiling in the clip for Lady Antebellum, oh wait...:D

Cow-1

Totally agree! Adele is adored by critics and fans so she can do no wrong in their eyes. :mad: Kinda annoys me.
Her worshippers would say that that is all she needs... A microphone and her voice. :rolleyes: :p

Gator

And Carrie stood with a microphone and sang flawlessly -- with a LEGEND, and some thought it was boring...!!