Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows - Part 2

carebear4eva

Thursday's domestic results are in. As expected, they're disappoitning, but hardly bad. It's a 5 million for Thursday.

The worldwide gross should bump us 2-4 places on the chart, to get to #15-#17. As always, the numbers will be out by tomorrow morning.

If Friday shows slightly stronger numbers and the weekend is awesome, we should be one billion by Sunday :)

teesharky

PS---------- Angelina Jolie took all 6 of her kids to see a private screening of Harry Potter in London, as Brad is filming there now. I thought that was very very cool. :)

I think very few people go to the movies during the work week as we are all so busy....and then tired in the evenings after a long day. I have occasionally gone to the movies during the week, but very very rarely. I would do it for a Carrie movie though, of course. lol

Since it is raining alot this weekend, at least here in NY, this could be a good movie weekend as there is nothing else to do. lol

carebear4eva

The domestic numbers of Friday have been sufficient to shove off the SECOND of the LOTR movies....Potter8 is now at #15 on the all-time chart. The foreign gross, which should average around 20 million will send Transformers : Dark of the Moon also flying, propelling it to #11 or #12 on the all-time chart, and making it the SECOND-HIGHEST grossing movie of 2011.

Then the weekend boost should push us into one billion :D

Oh, and if anyone is still harboring hopes of us beating Titanic, sorry, but you're delusional. We're firmly set at #3 on the chart. The only question is by how large a margin?

carebear4eva

Potter goes up to 948 million, making it the second-highest grossign film of 2011. The weekend sales will be revealed tonight, and that should be good! As of now, we're at #12 on the all-time chart.

carebear4eva

Ding Dong. The turkey's done. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 is the ninth film ever to gross one billion dollars. Having knocked off The Dark Night too, we are now at number EIGHT on the all-time chart.

Please note, this is only from the Saturday gross. The Sunday gross will take us even further, and then the Thursday-Sinday boom from China and so on will be great! While I was confident we would get our billion this weekend, I didn't expect to get it off the Saturday figures itself. Great news!

bigbluegrl23

Ding Dong. The turkey's done. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 is the ninth film ever to gross one billion dollars. Having knocked off The Dark Night too, we are now at number EIGHT on the all-time chart.

Please note, this is only from the Saturday gross. The Sunday gross will take us even further, and then the Thursday-Sinday boom from China and so on will be great! While I was confident we would get our billion this weekend, I didn't expect to get it off the Saturday figures itself. Great news!

holy **** haha... did it get the record of fastest to one billion? 2 weeks? damn haha (or is it 3? either way haha)
becca T

bigbluegrl23

We got it in 19 days, which is actually TIED with Avatar for fastest to get there. GOOD ENOUGH!!!

do you think after next weekend, the film could shoot to number 4 or even 3? i feel like between 7 and 3 there are a bunch of films really close to together, with lord of the rings being a little farther ahead.
becca T

eliefares

Deathly Hallows Part 2 will become #3 next weekend max on the all-time chart. I think it will do so by Wednesday.
And I have seen it only twice! I'm horrible :(

bigbluegrl23

I just realized that Part 1 and Part 2 shared the budget for making the film. I was thinking separately, they each took about 250 million, but then i realized they were both shot at the exact same time. and since they shared the budget, this could EASILY become the most profitable film of all time imo. part 1 made close to 1 billion and part 2 has already crossed the billion mark in the second week. obviously, Avatar was only one movie that made it to almost 3 billion BUT profit wise, Deathly Hallows is INSANE.
becca T

Carrieflattsfan

I just realized that Part 1 and Part 2 shared the budget for making the film. I was thinking separately, they each took about 250 million, but then i realized they were both shot at the exact same time. and since they shared the budget, this could EASILY become the most profitable film of all time imo. part 1 made close to 1 billion and part 2 has already crossed the billion mark in the second week. obviously, Avatar was only one movie that made it to almost 3 billion BUT profit wise, Deathly Hallows is INSANE.
becca T

Damn. Should you watch part 2 if you haven't seen part 1?

teesharky

^ In a perfect world, you should watch all 7 movies before you go to see this final one.....but if you are short on time, rent Part 1 or get it on Demand, first, and then watch part 2.

You can still enjoy Part 2 in isolation, but you will understand everything better if you watch at least part 1 first......(assuming you haven't seen the others yet).

It is really fun to watch the kids grow up before your eyes. We all started this journey 10 years ago....so by now the main actors are kind of like family to us fans. lol