Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows - Part 2

teesharky

^ Yes I loved seeing Maggie Smith kick some major bootah in this movie. lol

I feel like everyone's acting has improved so much (the kids, I mean). Maggie Smith, Ralph Fiennes, and Snape were already amazing actors before Harry Potter.

But this time, the entire cast really stepped it up....even Neville Longbottom. lol

carriecountrystar

wow. I just realized this when I saw this somewhere. POSSIBLE SPOILER so highlight to see :)

The story of the Three Brothers in the Deathly hallows.

One died for power;
Voldemort

One died for lost love;
Snape.

One greeted death like an old friend;
Harry.

wow. this ALL makes sense! I thought Harry was descendent of that brother since he had the cloak of invisibility passed down to him and it all makes sense now!

the author is brilliant! everything is just connected to something significant somehow!

wonton

wow, just saw it today. That was fracking amazing. I haven't read the books (not really a reader!), but I'm actually considering reading them back now. Probably my favorite movie of the 8. Just great great great.

eliefares

This movie was so freaking amazing! I don't even have words to describe how much I loved it! I loved every single second of it. And I didn't hate the epilogue! I was shocked, but I actually thought it was alright. I still think it was unnecessary, but I liked it. Haha. Everything worked with this movie. I'm going to see it again with my sisters on Wednesday. Yesss! Elie, I'm about to go read your review now, lol.

By the way, my favorite moment came from Maggie Smith when she smiled and excitedly said "I've always wanted to use that spell!" :D

Loved that moment! I referenced it in my review :D
I'm very glad you liked it! Repeat viewings? I think so :p

teesharky

I have a feeling that every movie I see from here on out this year is going to pale in comparison to this, and disappoint me. lol

ohlove

I've been avoiding this thread because thinking about Harry Potter right now is really depressing but here we go:

For the last one I wrote up a whole bunch of details that I loved and a whole bunch that upset me, but I've only seen it twice and they were on the same day when I was delirious with lack of sleep and Post Potter Depression so I probably won't do that. I will say there were a number of little details and the way they did certain things that upset me, but for the most part the movie was flawless. Snape's memories were perfect that was what I was most excited for. But omg when Harry jumps up and they're all freaking out because he's alive when George turns around and starts to say Fred but realizes he's not there... That may have been the worst I've ever cried for Harry Potter.

They left out oi there's a war going on here

how could they leave that out

anywho Neville Longbottom foreverrrr one of my three favorite characters since book one <3

First off, I LOVED the movie. If you haven't read the books, I would highly, highly recommend reading them. The movies are amazing, but the books are even better, IMO. Second, Alan Rickman was phenomenal. Actually, the whole cast was phenomenal, but Alan Rickman was amazing. And if this movie doesn't get some sort of Oscar love I will be majorly surprised. With the awesome critical reveiws it's been getting and the amount of money it's taken in so far, the Academy would be stupid not to recognize it.

Basically, Harry Potter rules. And J.K. Rowling rules even more because she created this wonderful world.

sam_vzla

First off, I LOVED the movie. If you haven't read the books, I would highly, highly recommend reading them. The movies are amazing, but the books are even better, IMO. Second, Alan Rickman was phenomenal. Actually, the whole cast was phenomenal, but Alan Rickman was amazing. And if this movie doesn't get some sort of Oscar love I will be majorly surprised. With the awesome critical reveiws it's been getting and the amount of money it's taken in so far, the Academy would be stupid not to recognize it.

Basically, Harry Potter rules. And J.K. Rowling rules even more because she created this wonderful world.

Heck yes, I would be so proud of me if something like Harry Potter could come out of my head lol

AIgrl06

^:haha:

I'm about to download Desplat's score onto my iPod. It is so amazing. I'm obsessed with "Lily's Theme" right now. Oscar nomination? Yes, please. And maybe he can win this time, heh.

teesharky

^ Agree. I also bought the soundtrack and it is incredible. I hope several Oscars and Globes are accorded for this film-- even if they don't win. They deserve to at least be nominated: Score, Directing, Screeenplay, Best Picture, ACting for Alan Rickman and maybe Ralph Fiennes, etc.

I would die of happiness if Daniel Radcliffe got something too as he really did well in this last film.

AIgrl06

At this point in the year, I could see Daniel Radcliffe getting a Globe nod for Drama Actor. :) But I really just want Alan Rickman to get some recognition, because I think he's been so consistent over the movies and it's in this movie that he's finally gotten some really fantastic material to bite into. I also want a SAG ensemble nomination for this one (probably won't happen, heh, but I can dream).

teesharky

^ I agree. This film deserves some SAG love too...and of course the BAFTAS. I agree with you that Alan Rickman was quietly (meaning, overlooked), the most stellar actor in Harry Potter for all 8 movies. He never gave a bad performance...not even a bad scene. He was brilliant as Snape.

bigbluegrl23

At this point in the year, I could see Daniel Radcliffe getting a Globe nod for Drama Actor. :) But I really just want Alan Rickman to get some recognition, because I think he's been so consistent over the movies and it's in this movie that he's finally gotten some really fantastic material to bite into. I also want a SAG ensemble nomination for this one (probably won't happen, heh, but I can dream).

the good thing is if its nominated, it has a very good chance of winning bc all british talent would vote for it because they are all in the film LOL
becca T

HuiZ

Daniel did GREAT, his acting has grown so much better throughout the series. Deathly Hallows pt 1 and pt 2 are his personal bests so far, but I actually don't think it's great enough to be award-worthy yet. Alan Rickman, on the other hand, seriously deserves some recognition for this!

I have been listening to the soundtrack as well. It's AMAZING!

eliefares

Katie, the score is great. I downloaded it hours before I watched the movie last Wednesday because I knew I'd love it. And I do. Nominations for everyone FTW : p

bigbluegrl23

OMMMGGG!! I'm FINALLYYYYY seeing deathly hallows tonight!!!!!!!!! since last thursday, it literally went i was seeing the movie on saturday night, then saturday afternoon, then sunday afternoon, then maybe tuesday night. FINALLYYY my friends agreed for tonight. I'm still nervous its not gonna happen LOL... I have literally been waiting for this movies since part 1 ended (and i saw that thursday at midnight bc i was at school so had a lot of friends to see it with). I have avoided spoilers like the plague, which is huge for me. If this was a weekly tv show, i wouldve been all over those spoilers lol... Its so hard when I know there's a clip on youtube of Mrs. Weasley killing Bellatrix and hearing its the best scene in the film, AND NOT watching it haha. anyhoo, just had to let my excitement out LOL
becca T