Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lori McKenna song "Nobody Knows" made Carrie's album!!

allamericangirl8

A re-release is still possible, but very unlikely. I hope they re-release BA though. On Black Friday would be perfect :) 4 more songs. 1 more single to promote.

Why would you want to repurchase an album you already bought just for four extra tracks the artist impulsively decided to tack on?

Caio

A re-release is still possible, but very unlikely. I hope they re-release BA though. On Black Friday would be perfect :) 4 more songs. 1 more single to promote.

On Black Friday this year I'd guess better not, but the Black Friday of 2013 would really incredible. Or a re-release that could serve to other countries in the future...

Manchs

Why would you want to repurchase an album you already bought just for four extra tracks the artist impulsively decided to tack on?

It could be four, five... Or you can only purchase the tracks. The target could not be selling albums, but singles. That's what Capitol was probably thinking when they rereleased Teenage Dream.

AIgrl06

I don't like rereleases. I'd rather Carrie had a deluxe edition of the CD somewhere than a rerelease. :)

Manchs

On Black Friday this year I'd guess better not, but the Black Friday of 2013 would really incredible. Or a re-release that could serve to other countries in the future...

Yeah, probably not on this year Black Friday. Next year's black friday would be great though :)

I don't like rereleases. I'd rather Carrie had a deluxe edition of the CD somewhere than a rerelease. :)

It would be a very late deluxe edition lol Honestly, I don't see many differences between a rerelease and a deluxe edition. You just have to call the rerelease a deluxe edition, platinum edition, diamond edition... right Taylor? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

carriecountrystar

Well, I would trade some songs from Play On for a finished product that stayed true to the demo of OW and NK. I'd trade half the album for just those two songs assuming the finished products kept to their respective demo's integrity. I think that's assumed when people make that statement, y'know? :p

And yes, I think both OW and NK are better than at least seven songs on Play On.

My tears will never run out for OW. cue overdramatic music* I would have traded more than half (or majority) of the Play On album for that one song (or for NK).
I have high hopes for the songs on "Blown Away" to all blow me away so I won't remember NK as the one that got away. :p

Jane-Alex

well, maybe not re-release or not bonus tracks.......but...don´t get me wrong, I´m happy that Blown Away CD has 14 songs, but If Carrie had more demos and couldn´t decide or it was hard to decide, she could have 16 or even 17 songs on one CD, it wouldn´t be uncommon. :confused: and fans wouldn´t be unhappy that some songs didn´t make it.

carriecountrystar

I wonder if Carrie is aware of how people feel about NK; I wonder if she even knows we found it. haha
Maybe if she knows, she will give NK some consideration into recording it.

epicamends

I'm sure Carrie would love to have a bunch of bonus songs, but at the end of the day there's not much she can do if the label isn't willing to pay for it.

AIgrl06

It would be a very late deluxe edition lol Honestly, I don't see many differences between a rerelease and a deluxe edition. You just have to call the rerelease a deluxe edition, platinum edition, diamond edition... right Taylor? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I think there's definitely a difference. A rerelease is basically a marketing ploy to get people who've already bought an album to rebuy it because there are a few extra songs on it, whereas when there's a deluxe edition, I would buy that in lieu of the standard version of the album. Saves me $13, lol.

mtreasmith

This song is better than at least ten songs on Play On, in my opinion. If Carrie doesn't take it, I hope the demo of her vocals leaks a la Oklahoma Wind, because clearly she'd be done with the song.

couldn't agree more! this AND oklahoma wind are better than the majority of the songs on Play On. I mean, Quitter, Undo It, Mama's Song, Unapologize, and Songs Like This are mediocre songs that looks like this album was rushed to complete. Don't get me wrong, most of these songs are decent. But not up to Carrie's standards. I mean Quitter sounds like something Taylor Swift would write. It is the only song of Carrie's that i absolutely despise.

allamericangirl8

I love bonus tracks and hate that there arent any again.

Well, for me, it just disrupts the album flow. The closing track loses its momentum. And usually the bonus tracks are songs that wouldn't fit in with the rest of the album. And they screw me up when I'm trying a new artist.

It's like reading a carefully composed book, and then, at the end of the book, there are random chapters from another book tacked on. It doesn't make sense.

It could be four, five... Or you can only purchase the tracks. The target could not be selling albums, but singles. That's what Capitol was probably thinking when they rereleased Teenage Dream.

Okay, as a businesswoman, sure, but I'm asking you as a consumer, why would you want to repurchase an album you already have in this economy?

My tears will never run out for OW. cue overdramatic music* I would have traded more than half (or majority) of the Play On album for that one song (or for NK).
I have high hopes for the songs on "Blown Away" to all blow me away so I won't remember NK as the one that got away. :p

Me, too. These are legit the most mature songs I've heard from Carrie, and it's depressing as hell to think we won't even hear a final cut of 'em. If Carrie's done with NK, I hope it leaks; I don't care how Carrie feels, I will shamelessly download it.

well, maybe not re-release or not bonus tracks.......but...don´t get me wrong, I´m happy that Blown Away CD has 14 songs, but If Carrie had more demos and couldn´t decide or it was hard to decide, she could have 16 or even 17 songs on one CD, it wouldn´t be uncommon. :confused: and fans wouldn´t be unhappy that some songs didn´t make it.

I think that's up to the label. Which is stupid because the label shouldn't interfere with the artistic aspect of an album.

couldn't agree more! this AND oklahoma wind are better than the majority of the songs on Play On. I mean, Quitter, Undo It, Mama's Song, Unapologize, and Songs Like This are mediocre songs that looks like this album was rushed to complete. Don't get me wrong, most of these songs are decent. But not up to Carrie's standards. I mean Quitter sounds like something Taylor Swift would write. It is the only song of Carrie's that i absolutely despise.

I like Quitter.
max.gif

bigbluegrl23

it costs money to have more songs on an album. 12-14 are the typical number.
Becca

allamericangirl8

it costs money to have more songs on an album. 12-14 are the typical number.
Becca

Yep, and that's why minor labels are more likely to release singles than albums. They can't afford albums.

/rocknrollhistorybook. :cool:

I gave the option, buy only the new tracks :p

But if it's 4-5 songs, that's half an album right there. She should just use them on the next album. If I'm spending $5, I'd rather spend it on an entire album than 5 songs.

I bought a used copy of Home from the Dixie Chicks a few weeks ago for that price.

AIgrl06

If it's three or four songs a year and a half after the album's already been released, just save 'em for the next CD. It's not going to be more than six months/a year.

carriecountrystar

I think there's definitely a difference. A rerelease is basically a marketing ploy to get people who've already bought an album to rebuy it because there are a few extra songs on it, whereas when there's a deluxe edition, I would buy that in lieu of the standard version of the album. Saves me $13, lol.

Not only that, but re-releasing an album (like Taylor does) brings more press and publicity to your works in general so sales end up surging for the original album. I remember when Taylor re-released Fearless and she got all the regular album promoting spots (DWTS, Ellen...etc.) and more. While the deluxe sold a decent amount, "Fearless" propelled even further up the charts on Billboard in the top 10 spots.

allamericangirl8

Not only that, but re-releasing an album (like Taylor does) brings more press and publicity to your works in general so sales end up surging for the original album. I remember when Taylor re-released Fearless and she got all the regular album promoting spots (DWTS, Ellen...etc.) and more. While the deluxe sold a decent amount, "Fearless" propelled even further up the charts on Billboard in the top 10 spots.

Which all has nothing to do with my wallet.

Sorry, Carrie's hardcore fans matter more than Billboard positions, and they should be considered more than the position, and some of her fans wouldn't be able to afford a rerelease. Elton John originally didn't want to release Goodbye Yellow Brick Road as a double album because he wanted his fans to be able to afford it since it would obviously cost more (but art prevailed over fans, so he did it anyway). That's more of the right attitude. He wasn't thinking of a mere Billboard position.