Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lori McKenna song "Nobody Knows" made Carrie's album!!

teesharky

Well to me that was a very hopeful tweet so i feel better about its chances then before anyway.

Also the point i was tryjng to make was that the theory tbat carrie cut the song for PO but it was scrapped and rejected may be wrong since as of fall 2011 Lori herself was still very hopeful that the song would be on carries new album.

If Lori knew that carrie passed on the song forever i think she would not have had such a hopeful tweet.

Farawayhills

This is just my personal opinion, but I don't think Carrie was ready to sing this type of song on PO. That album was about falling in love and she wasn't married yet...or just about to be. This time around, Carrie is a married woman and can honestly sing about the more mature aspects of married love. I'm praying this is on Blown Away!!!!

I agree - this is a pretty mature song, which strikes several story-telling themes of social realism. Besides the lines which focus on the theme of an intense love, there are also lines which create a picture of being tired after work, drinking on Friday night, difficulty in expressing emotions, and having a dark side.

I'd add one point - if songs like this are on the new album, it seems to set Carrie onto a new level. I'd hope it would help to lay to rest the constant unecessary comparisons with people like Taylor Swift. These seem set to be serious songs, in a completely different class from the romantic fantasies and broken dream stories of some of the other female artists. Carrie deserves to be seen on her own terms, without continually looking over our shoulders at what very different artists are doing.

cole

Well to me that was a very hopeful tweet so i feel better about its chances then before anyway.

Also the point i was tryjng to make was that the theory tbat carrie cut the song for PO but it was scrapped and rejected may be wrong since as of fall 2011 Lori herself was still very hopeful that the song would be on carries new album.

If Lori knew that carrie passed on the song forever i think she would not have had such a hopeful tweet.

Agree!

carriecountrystar

As much as I hope Nobody Knows makes the album, I think the way you word it is misleading. In the tweet Lori said she wasn't sure if the song made Carrie's new album, but she said she, and songwriters in general, are a hopeful bunch. It doesn't sound like she's implying anything, she seems just as in the dark as us.

edit (copied from Pulse):

August 30, 2011 - McKenna replied to a fan of Carrie's via Twitter:
Q: Is it true that Carrie U. cut one of yr songs? Do you think it will be on her next album?
A: Never can be sure until the day the record comes out! But us songwriters, we are a hopeful bunch!!

I would think the writers would be notified if their songs were chosen else do they have to randomly search for their songs when albums come out?
The tweet could mean:
1. their song was chosen but it can be scrapped at any moment
2. their song was not chosen but there may be a chance Carrie will put it on last minute.

allamericangirl8

Maybe just maybe she replied vaguely because she wasn't allowed to give an affirmative answer. If it was no, she could just say it straight away, yes? I don't think any of the songs are in danger of getting scrapped (I guess maybe they were in late 2011). I don't know. Conspiracies, man.

Does anyone else find it ironic that it seems like nobody knows if Nobody Knows made the album?

[Edit] Nevermind. I just read through the whole thread and apparently I didn't know that everybody knows that nobody knows if Nobody Knows made the album, and so everybody knows about this pun I already made. Lame.

Last edited:

killerqueen

Even though it has such a messed up structure, this song is really special. As silly as it sounds, it's really touched me.

Whether we ever hear a Carrie version or not, this demo is staying on my iPod for a long long time. :) Hope we do get Carrie's version though - there are so few parts that I can imagine Carrie singing, but the parts that I can hear sound amazing in my head. :D

_luvqry

I just liked this song when I heard it for the first time. I guess even a little bit more than Oklahoma Wind.
I'm not that crazy about LLA though...

Please can someone send me a link to download? I would love to hear it more times. I hope it's in Blown Away.

teesharky

I think she would have said No if the rumors were false or if there was no hope. So we can take this from her tweets: There is still hope. :)

Claire2004

According to Felix McTeigue's bio his work has been performed by Carrie and Faith Hill among other artists mentioned. Do we know of a McTeigue song on one of Faith Hill's previous albums? Or is this for the upcoming one? I'm a little worried about the "Hill" in the parenthesis on that soundcloud demo. I know Faith Hill's vocals will also be lovely on this song, but I want this song for Carrie lol.

julesb2183

I would think the writers would be notified if their songs were chosen else do they have to randomly search for their songs when albums come out?
The tweet could mean:
1. their song was chosen but it can be scrapped at any moment
2. their song was not chosen but there may be a chance Carrie will put it on last minute.

Songwriters don't usually get a ton of notice.

julesb2183

As much as I hope Nobody Knows makes the album, I think the way you word it is misleading. In the tweet Lori said she wasn't sure if the song made Carrie's new album, but she said she, and songwriters in general, are a hopeful bunch. It doesn't sound like she's implying anything, she seems just as in the dark as us.

edit (copied from Pulse):

August 30, 2011 - McKenna replied to a fan of Carrie's via Twitter:
Q: Is it true that Carrie U. cut one of yr songs? Do you think it will be on her next album?
A: Never can be sure until the day the record comes out! But us songwriters, we are a hopeful bunch!!

She probably is.

_luvqry

hmmm please someone change the title of this thread... I just read and I thought they had changed their mind and added NK, lol

pklongbeach

I don't get it. Did it make it on the album.
I never bothered to click to listen and only just did.
It's amazing.
I hope to god it did.

_luvqry

I don't get it. Did it make it on the album.
I never bothered to click to listen and only just did.
It's amazing.
I hope to god it did.

There's a tracklisting already and it seems NK didn't make the album. Therefore I think this thread should have it's title changed.