Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lori McKenna song "Nobody Knows" made Carrie's album!!

Ty

But...that's really not true. All we've heard is that Carrie has cut a song of Lori's. Not that the song actually made the album.

I'm definitely hoping that it did, though. "Nobody Knows" is terrific.

rainbow1

That's right - the track list has not yet been released, so (apart from "Good Girl") there's no definitive knowledge.
The evidence for "Nobody Knows" being a likely track is suggested by:
1. Persistant reports that "a Lori McKenna" song has made the album
2. The Boston Globe report that this particular song has been cut at some stage by Carrie. "Cut" probably implies a full blown studio production, rather than a work tape - but artists usually have surplus cuts in the vaults which aren't always used.
3. The link with one of Lori's co-writers, Barry Dean, who's also worked with Carrie in the past.
4. (And I would tentatively add) the fact that it appears to fit various clues, such as the desire for one or two more "folky" numbers, the desire for "edgy" songs, and the label's description of the album taking Carrie to the next level.
I think you can add "naughty" to that list. (as said by Carrie)!!

and Cole....me too please?!

Claire2004

But...that's really not true. All we've heard is that Carrie has cut a song of Lori's. Not that the song actually made the album.

I'm definitely hoping that it did, though. "Nobody Knows" is terrific.

^^You're right lol. Let me correct it by saying that what's keeping my hope alive is that there's been persistent reports since last year that Carrie's cut a song written by Lori McKenna. :)

Carrieflattsfan

If a moderator wants to change the name of the thread feel free. When someone else posted the link at Pulse they made it sound as if they knew the song had made the album, so I just wrote that in the title. I wasn't aware that Carrie had simply cut the song, because artists cut a lot of songs that don't make the album. He did name some artists who've cut his material recently, so I would think this is credible, but you're right we don't know with 100% certainty. :)

cole

Whew! Sorry I've been gone all day everyone...people who want the download, I will PM it to you now!

cole

Alright, everyone who wanted it, check your PMs.

Except for countryfan2006, check your visitor messages

Farawayhills

Felix McTeigue (who is one of the three co-writers, and is probably playing the piano on that version) does name Carrie in his career resume as one of the artists who has "performed" his work - without naming which song, though, and without clarifying exactly what he means by "performed".
Felix McTeigue | LinkedIn

The one thing which may cast doubt on this being the song is that, on the upload site, he's written the word "Hill" in brackets. (That upload is said to be about a year ago - and I think Lori's known to have sung it for over two years)
I still think the other details fit - but I agree with those who are saying we can't be sure

teesharky

Felix McTeigue (who is one of the three co-writers, and is probably playing the piano on that version) does name Carrie in his career resume as one of the artists who has "performed" his work - without naming which song, though, and without clarifying exactly what he means by "performed".
Felix McTeigue | LinkedIn

The one thing which may cast doubt on this being the song is that, on the upload site, he's written the word "Hill" in brackets. (That upload is said to be about a year ago - and I think Lori's known to have sung it for over two years)
I still think the other details fit - but I agree with those who are saying we can't be sure

i worried about the word "Hill" next to it too--- and will be so sad if this is on Faith's album instead of Carrie's. If they passed on this song--- in favor of such songs as Mama's Song or Change, ie- I feel they made a big mistake on the PO choices.

I hope this is the song that Carrie has "had for awhile" but saved for this album. It could be "Blown Away" too-- but let's hope it is this song. How someone could pass on it is beyond me. Her team needs to take some risks and start including songs like this on her albums, to show growth and maturity. This song is better then at least 4 songs on PO.

allamericangirl8

This song is better than at least ten songs on Play On, in my opinion. If Carrie doesn't take it, I hope the demo of her vocals leaks a la Oklahoma Wind, because clearly she'd be done with the song.

rainbow1

i worried about the word "Hill" next to it too--- and will be so sad if this is on Faith's album instead of Carrie's. If they passed on this song--- in favor of such songs as Mama's Song or Change, ie- I feel they made a big mistake on the PO choices.

I hope this is the song that Carrie has "had for awhile" but saved for this album. It could be "Blown Away" too-- but let's hope it is this song. How someone could pass on it is beyond me. Her team needs to take some risks and start including songs like this on her albums, to show growth and maturity. This song is better then at least 4 songs on PO.

This is just my personal opinion, but I don't think Carrie was ready to sing this type of song on PO. That album was about falling in love and she wasn't married yet...or just about to be. This time around, Carrie is a married woman and can honestly sing about the more mature aspects of married love. I'm praying this is on Blown Away!!!!

rainbow1

43dudleyvillas just now wrote an explanation of what she said about this song being on Carrie's album. In that post, she happened to say, just what I said in the above post. It is on Pulse.

teesharky

Someone just posted something on pulse that gives me new tremendous hope that the song made the new album!!!

Apparently a Carrie fan tweeted lori herself in Fall 2011 about the rumor of a song making carries new album. Lori replied to the tweet and sounded very hopeful that one of her songs made the cut!

I am on my iphone or i would post the tweet here now.

But that does not sound like a song that was meant for PO and scrapped. This tweet was 2011 and focused on carries new album!

cole

Someone just posted something on pulse that gives me new tremendous hope that the song made the new album!!!

Apparently a Carrie fan tweeted lori herself in Fall 2011 about the rumor of a song making carries new album. Lori replied to the tweet and sounded very hopeful that one of her songs made the cut!

But that does not sound like a song that was meant for PO and scrapped. This tweet was 2011 and focused on carries new album!

Oh my gosh I will pass out

The Nanook

As much as I hope Nobody Knows makes the album, I think the way you word it is misleading. In the tweet Lori said she wasn't sure if the song made Carrie's new album, but she said she, and songwriters in general, are a hopeful bunch. It doesn't sound like she's implying anything, she seems just as in the dark as us.

edit (copied from Pulse):

August 30, 2011 - McKenna replied to a fan of Carrie's via Twitter:
Q: Is it true that Carrie U. cut one of yr songs? Do you think it will be on her next album?
A: Never can be sure until the day the record comes out! But us songwriters, we are a hopeful bunch!!