Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lori McKenna song "Nobody Knows" made Carrie's album!!

Claire2004

LOL, well I'm sorry for you then that it didn't make the album :) I felt like that about Oklahoma wind...and I'm still in tears haha

I'm still in tears over OW too lol. I've been pining for that song ever since, I have no strength left for Nobody Knows lol. I guess the songs that did make the cut were more awesome than NK, so that makes me all the more excited for this album.

_luvqry

^ Yeah I like OW as well... Don't get me wrong I'm sure there are great songs coming for us.... but a part of me will always say "I would trade this song for OW or NK".

Maybe Carrie is saving those songs for her ultra-ultimate album? lol... one can dream

I won't ever listen to demos anymore... you only get disappointed when they don't make the album

carriecountrystar

I suspected "Nobody Knows" didn't make the album because the demo was and still is up. Both "Wine After Whisky" and "Leave Long Alone" were taken off (on request from label) almost immediately after it was available. If NK had made the album, Carrie probably would have taken the demo off long before.

The Nanook

I'm a bit disappointment because I really like Nobody Knows, even moreso than Oklahoma Wind and Wine After Whiskey. But at the same time it must mean there are even better songs on the album.

allamericangirl8

I just love the lyrics. I relate to them more than any Carrie song thus far. I hope she at least has a thematically similar song. I think it's a great message. I don't know. I got too attached to the lyrics.

Cps235

I just love the lyrics. I relate to them more than any Carrie song thus far. I hope she at least has a thematically similar song. I think it's a great message. I don't know. I got too attached to the lyrics.

I feel the same way! I really like Nobody Knows. I can imagine Carrie singing this song and blowing everyone away! I am slightly disappointed that it didn't make it. Nevertheless, just by reading the titles, The album is shaping to be her greatest yet :)

CUFan7

I love this song so much so it is disappointing, but I'll wait to hear everything before I make any statements.

i was so heartbroken when OW didn't make the album...and now NK? i'm absolutely devestated. i mean, i'm still excited for the album...and i know it sounds ridiculous, but my heart is crushed. those two could've been two of her best songs ever, and they're wasted. i wish there could be a deluxe version with those two. i'm so angry and bummed :(

AIgrl06

^ Yeah I like OW as well... Don't get me wrong I'm sure there are great songs coming for us.... but a part of me will always say "I would trade this song for OW or NK".

Maybe Carrie is saving those songs for her ultra-ultimate album? lol... one can dream

I won't ever listen to demos anymore... you only get disappointed when they don't make the album

This is what I said after "Oklahoma Wind," and look where that got me? This is one of my favorite songs, now. At least we have Lori McKenna's version, though, which is very good in itself.

mtreasmith

I did like Nobody Knows a lot! It was a great song! But, just think you guys, there are 14 other songs that are better than it! :D

carebear4eva

The title of this thread should be changed to avoid confusing/giving false hope to the less regular members of this board.

supercarriefan

This is why I don't listen to demos. I didn't listen to this one, and didn't listen to the Leave Love Alone one either. I only listened to OW after we knew it didn't make the cut on PO. I don't want to get too attached to any one song if there is a chance it won't make the album, plus if the song does make an album, I want to hear it for the first time in the way that Carrie intends for it to be heard.

I think with regards to thinking you would trade certain songs for OW and NK, you don't know what the finished product would have sounded like. There may have been creative decisions made in studio that were different from the demos, and it might may the song less appealing to you.

I just think that Carrie likely made the best decisions for this album, and that the songs that did make the cut are likely amazing! There were clearly some strong songs being considered for this era.

Audra

This is why I don't listen to demos. I didn't listen to this one, and didn't listen to the Leave Love Alone one either. I only listened to OW after we knew it didn't make the cut on PO. I don't want to get too attached to any one song if there is a chance it won't make the album, plus if the song does make an album, I want to hear it for the first time in the way that Carrie intends for it to be heard.

I think with regards to thinking you would trade certain songs for OW and NK, you don't know what the finished product would have sounded like. There may have been creative decisions made in studio that were different from the demos, and it might may the song less appealing to you.

I just think that Carrie likely made the best decisions for this album, and that the songs that did make the cut are likely amazing! There were clearly some strong songs being considered for this era.

I'm the same way, I don't listen to demos because of that same reason...if I do, then I will fall for the song and then it don't make it to the album and I get upset lol

allamericangirl8

Well, I would trade some songs from Play On for a finished product that stayed true to the demo of OW and NK. I'd trade half the album for just those two songs assuming the finished products kept to their respective demo's integrity. I think that's assumed when people make that statement, y'know? :p

And yes, I think both OW and NK are better than at least seven songs on Play On.

bearball49

I think we have to remember that whiile a certain song may speak to us and be a favorite, Carrie has had so many songs to choose from. She is limited on how many tracks that she picks for her album. There can be many reasons why a particular song did not make an album, we can only assume that Carrie has personal reasons for each of her choices. I have each of her albums and really would not change a thing. There is no track I skip and some of the ones that were not singles have been my favorites.I think the end result of each album is Carrie, her passions and her fears as well as beliefs. Some are whimsical, some thought provoking, some sentmental, but all are a joy to listen to because it is the music Carrie chose out of all of those choices to present to us. Some you may not be nuts about, but I can gaurantee you that the vocals will always be killer

supercarriefan

Well, I would trade some songs from Play On for a finished product that stayed true to the demo of OW and NK. I'd trade half the album for just those two songs assuming the finished products kept to their respective demo's integrity. I think that's assumed when people make that statement, y'know? :p

And yes, I think both OW and NK are better than at least seven songs on Play On.

My point wasn't about if the songs stayed true to the demo, but if the songs didn't stay true to the demo lol. Things often get changed in studio, so I was just saying that people might not be so willing to make the claim if they weren't happy with the changes :).

Jane-Alex

I understand that Carrie did choose another songs instead of this, but why can´t she add this one song (or another that didn´t make the list) like bonus track? some singers have 14 songs and 3 bonus tracks....that´s what I always wonder....:confused:

allamericangirl8

My point wasn't about if the songs stayed true to the demo, but if the songs didn't stay true to the demo lol. Things often get changed in studio, so I was just saying that people might not be so willing to make the claim if they weren't happy with the changes :).

I know. I was saying that when people make that statement, I think it's implied that they want it on the album if it's unchanged. You get me? Like, they're intentionally not taking the other stuff in consideration. They're saying, "I wanted to hear this version of this song make it on the album." Of course it can be changed, but that's not the point they're making.

I hope I'm being clear.

I understand that Carrie did choose another songs instead of this, but why can´t she add this one song (or another that didn´t make the list) like bonus track? some singers have 14 songs and 3 bonus tracks....that´s what I always wonder....:confused:

Because bonus tracks are freaking stupid.

Manchs

A re-release is still possible, but very unlikely. I hope they re-release BA though. On Black Friday would be perfect :) 4 more songs. 1 more single to promote.