Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Love Wins' chart updates

DaisyTweets

Gotta love that Cody A. is hanging in there with Carrie and Love Wins!!! And you can be sure each time it's played I crank the sound up!!!!

teesharky

Obviously we all want LW to go as far as it can go. I personally love the song. But what I am annoyed at is the stagnation of it for months. It has just been treading water with no upward movement really, yet it won't die either.

So I just wish there was a PLAN one way or another. lol Surely they must have some sort of method to this madness? PLEASE! lol

carriefan14

^ yes exactly tee. Its not that i’m rooting against LW, it’s UMG with their no plans for the song, no explanations for why they aren’t pushing for it, no reassurances, etc.

thaifood

Obviously we all want LW to go as far as it can go. I personally love the song. But what I am annoyed at is the stagnation of it for months. It has just been treading water with no upward movement really, yet it won't die either.

So I just wish there was a PLAN one way or another. lol Surely they must have some sort of method to this madness? PLEASE! lol

How do you know that this isn't their plan? Just because a song doesn't rush to the top & then fall off drastically doesn't make it a bad plan.

Smokyiiis

^ Not sure why anyone in their right mind would not find stagnation offensive? I’m offended when a song is number one that is tripe and shouldn’t be there.

NC State Carrie Fan

I have said from day one that I think they held LW chart run out for Carrie while she was having the baby and resting, which I think was a great idea! BUT I figured they would start the push when she came back in the spotlight (after ACMs).

Does anyone think they might start the push once the tour begins and advertise the tour and then play LW too?

This chart run has been very long and very annoying but I do want the top 10 streak alive and the longer her singles go the less time we have to wait in between albums lol. Usually we are halfway done with single 3 by now

Momin

Maybe they're waiting for the tour to kick off and just filling this period up with pushing LW.

Also, this constant airplay better put LW in the Top 10 Country Airplay Year-End chart!

PRGuy79

I am fine with them doing all they can to push Love Wins as high as it can possibly go and thereby extending the chart run and era for the album. I feel like in hindsight (which is always easier than in-the-moment), they should have similarly fought longer/harder for Cry Pretty as the lead single, rather than pulling promo for it two weeks before the album dropped. The strategy was probably to reignite interest in new music as the roll-out of the album kicked in high gear. There was also lots of speculation at the time that they had used up the label's heft to get it as high, and keep it as high, as it did climb. But seeing how they are able to keep Love Wins in this holding pattern (despite low sales and streaming), it makes me wonder why they couldn't have done more for Cry Pretty (especially with the love it received from critics and attention it had initially with Carrie's comeback). I am still shocked at the #9 finish for Carrie's first single on a new label. The contrast to prior performance is just too stark and doesn't make sense - even after all this time of reflection.

carriefan14

Now that the movie is OUT, there is no reason to promote LW any longer past next week. The tour is about to begin, CMT/CMA Fest/U.K. appearances are all coming up, lots of new stuff going on. That is fine if UMG wants to push for a top 10 on BB next week but they had better really make up for the radio silence they have been giving us for at least since March. I can understand she was having her baby so the last public performance of LW was last November. If people arent buying the song by now they just are not going to buy it, dang.

maddkat

Staff member
LW remains at #12 (+56 spins/+.011 AIs)
12 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Love Wins 4845 4825 20 27.086

LW could pass the falling OTGA tomorrow and move to #10 tomorrow afternoon with recurrents removed

MSCarriefan

Prediction: The third single will be released the first week of the tour. Meaning they will push LW through next week. I also don't think it is SB(Southbound).

Last edited:

maddkat

Staff member
LW passed 'There Was a Girl' ( -675) to move to #11 (+91 spins/-.109 AIs)
11 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Love Wins 4936 4800 136 26.977

LW will move to #10 this afternoon with recurrents removed.
If it's still hanging around tomorrow it'll pass OTGA.

FanSince04

I’m ready for single 3, but these updates don’t bother me. It’s kind of whatever for me lol. You do you, UMG and Carrie! I’ll be here for the ride!

maddkat

Staff member
dg33lz.png