Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Love Wins' chart updates

Kizmet311

Well, I am more than willing to wait for the new single if a Top Ten at BB is possible. I was just ready to give up and move on, because I thought it was pretty much impossible. She had fun at the ACMs with Southbound, but I am inclined to agree with Donna that it was just something fun to sing and that it's not third single. Carrie basically said that herself in an interview - that they just wanted to do something fun. It seems like an odd way to debut a third single to perform it live at an awards show and not have a promotional plan set up for it when the show is over. I could be wrong, but I'm still going with my theory that something else is single #3. I hope they are able to really push LW this week and get it to top 10 on BB. If it's possible to keep the streak alive, then I'm all for it.

Also, those people at Pulse are just crazy. Cry Pretty, for me, is BY FAR Carrie's best album yet and I love what she and David Garcia have done with this album. Going back to Mark Bright would be such a huge step backwards creatively. There is still plenty of life left in this album if they release the right songs and promote correctly now that Carrie is ready and able to commit to a promotional plan. I think Carrie is going to have a great 2019 with the new tour, new singles, and going overseas - hopefully to even more places than just England. There are so many options left for singles on this album - DA, That Song, Backsliding, Low, Backsliding, Southbound... I would love to see her stretch the singles out and continue the tour the first half of 2020. Maybe even do something really crazy like release a deluxe edition or something else!

I must subconsciously want Backsliding as a single since I mentioned it TWICE in my post, lol. Totally didn't realize that until just now. I think I meant to type Ghosts as a potential single, haha.

Zach1998

Very happy to see they didn't drop this one Sunday like that poster on Pulse said. I fully believe if they max next week that she should be able to get her BB top 10 and keep her streak alive. On a side note did anyone else notice that they put a star beside Southbound on Apple Music? The only other songs from the album with stars beside them are CP and LW. This makes me suspect that Southbound will be single 3; because I don't remember them doing that for Spinning Bottles after she performed it at the AMAs.

bubbasumner

Very happy to see they didn't drop this one Sunday like that poster on Pulse said. I fully believe if they max next week that she should be able to get her BB top 10 and keep her streak alive. On a side note did anyone else notice that they put a star beside Southbound on Apple Music? The only other songs from the album with stars beside them are CP and LW. This makes me suspect that Southbound will be single 3; because I don't remember them doing that for Spinning Bottles after she performed it at the AMAs.

It doesn’t mean it’s a single. It just means a lot of people are streaming it right now. Which makes sense since she performed it. Though it could end up being a single based on the reaction. I don’t think Spinning Bottles ever got the star even after she sang it. I want Drinking Alone to be the next single but I guess we will have to wait and see. Southbound is fun tho and I think people will eat it up.

Joey Orfino

It would make sense. The song has a little momentum going on following her ACM Awards performance and she wont be able to attend the next big award show aka the Billboard Awards since it will air at the same time she will start the Cry Pretty Tour and the next big award show is in june with the CMT Awards so if "Love Wins" is really over after the release of "Breakthrough" then UMG will probably not wait another 1 month and a half to make another song from Cry Pretty to chart, they may aswell go with Southboud.

mbh

It would make sense. The song has a little momentum going on following her ACM Awards performance and she wont be able to attend the next big award show aka the Billboard Awards since it will air at the same time she will start the Cry Pretty Tour and the next big award show is in june with the CMT Awards so if "Love Wins" is really over after the release of "Breakthrough" then UMG will probably not wait another 1 month and a half to make another song from Cry Pretty to chart, they may aswell go with Southboud.

I agree. Well, I fell in love with Southbound, now. I have a very strong feeling - they will announce it after Easter Sunday, after the weekend showing of the movie "Breakthrough". They will push Love Wins to Top 10 and then move on to Southbound.

CU4ever

Love Wins is the song that refuses to die, lol. Let’s get that top 10, and then move on to hopefully Backsliding or Drinking Alone!!

Joey Orfino

I agree. Well, I fell in love with Southbound, now. I have a very strong feeling - they will announce it after Easter Sunday, after the weekend showing of the movie "Breakthrough". They will push Love Wins to Top 10 and then move on to Southbound.

Same, it wasn't a bad song but it didn't do anything to me but after her ACM Awards performance, i'm really rooting for it to be a single. Just a fun / party song for a little change.

maddkat

Staff member
^ lol, I predict next week, release week for Breakthrough, will be it's last being promoted.That'll give it 30 weeks promoted ( 33 weeks all together when it goes recurrent) with 18 weeks in the top 20.

Time to get single 3 out there for the tour opening!

heymc

UMG should stick with LW for a few weeks as it will move up the top 10 soon. I’m expecting Brett’s HT to peak this week. Riley’s TWTG is gaining huge AIs this week so likely this is its final week.

Last edited: