Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NHL Thread (formerly Screw The NHL!!)

mlawlor

Yeah, I'm super sad over this. I follow Ottawa and to a lesser extent Calgary, and both have lost their top player for a while. Following the Preds in the second round of the playoffs can come soon enough.

JB172

it didn't look good when I saw it happen, and it's a nasty injury...and Ottawa fans are after Cooke's head now from what I've seen on twitter and Tumblr

The rep that he has is well deserved but IMO that was an accident.

Audra

The rep that he has is well deserved but IMO that was an accident.

he will always have that reputation no matter what, but for people that don't follow the Penguins or even Cooke, they don't realize just how much he's improved his play and hasn't been in the penalty box quite as often as he did before he got the big suspension a while back, he got help and he's changed, but I don't see how this could be on purpose or anything. that's a tough place to accurately place your skate and slice it, but of course fans think he did it on purpose

JB172

I think that what happened was an accident but Chris Neil did exactly what a great teammate does when he went after Cooke as for Cooke in that situation you have to drop the gloves.

Audra

I think that what happened was an accident but Chris Neil did exactly what a great teammate does when he went after Cooke as for Cooke in that situation you have to drop the gloves.

is there a reason he waited till towards the end of the game to go after Cooke and not earlier on? since the injury happened in the 2nd period so why wait till the end of the game to finally get revenge?? I'm not understanding that logic lol unless there is a logic reasoning to do it that way

JB172

is there a reason he waited till towards the end of the game to go after Cooke and not earlier on? since the injury happened in the 2nd period so why wait till the end of the game to finally get revenge?? I'm not understanding that logic lol unless there is a logic reasoning to do it that way

The score, if it was a one goal game or tied instead of a two goal game then he likely would have waited until the next time that they played.

knewman19

he will always have that reputation no matter what, but for people that don't follow the Penguins or even Cooke, they don't realize just how much he's improved his play and hasn't been in the penalty box quite as often as he did before he got the big suspension a while back, he got help and he's changed, but I don't see how this could be on purpose or anything. that's a tough place to accurately place your skate and slice it, but of course fans think he did it on purpose

While I agree we have seen change in Matt Cooke he never deserves the benefit of the doubt with anything on the ice and he shouldn't get it because he earned that. That being said total accident last night and while it was looked at by the NHL they made the right decision with that.

Audra

While I agree we have seen change in Matt Cooke he never deserves the benefit of the doubt with anything on the ice and he shouldn't get it because he earned that. That being said total accident last night and while it was looked at by the NHL they made the right decision with that.

yeah I know....it's just like with James Harrison with the Steelers, he has the reputation on the field for being pretty hard and has multiple fines and suspensions against him so I can see it with Cooke as well. And it was an accident and could not see the NHL seeing it as intentional so it was a good call. but I feel horrible for the Senators since they already have star players out, I remember Jordan Staal had this injury one year and it's nasty, he was out for a long time.

JB172

His deserved rep is why there are people who believe that he did it on purpose.

CrazyDreams1818

I also think Neil may have waited after the found out the extent of the injury, which came around the time he started to go after Cooke. 70% lacerated, out for 3-6 months? I'd go after Cooke too. especially with a 2-goal lead.

Don't think it was intentional. It was reckless though.

And if the damn refs could learn how to do their damn jobs, it never would have happened. 12 seconds before, the puck had hit the mesh and the refs didn't call it.

I'm not trying to blame anyone, a lot of bad in one situation. But definitely preventable. That being said, get some freakin cut-resistant socks.

Audra

I also think Neil may have waited after the found out the extent of the injury, which came around the time he started to go after Cooke. 70% lacerated, out for 3-6 months? I'd go after Cooke too. especially with a 2-goal lead.

Don't think it was intentional. It was reckless though.

And if the damn refs could learn how to do their damn jobs, it never would have happened. 12 seconds before, the puck had hit the mesh and the refs didn't call it.

I'm not trying to blame anyone, a lot of bad in one situation. But definitely preventable. That being said, get some freakin cut-resistant socks.

I'm sure any team that had a star player get hurt like that, they would go after whatever player did that to their player, for sure...if it happened to Crosby or Malkin, for sure one of our players would have went after a player that hurt them. For any team for that matter.

the refs have been quite interesting this year, they are calling out boarding calls like crazy some games and then a boarding happens during one game, and nothing gets called, where is their logic sometimes? and I do agree, I remember on ROOTS Sports here during that game the other night, they were like, they are still playing, the puck clearly hit the mesh, they were completely shocked the refs let it still go on and not blow the whistle

they don't have nothing to help keep that area protected? like pads or some sort or would that make it awkward to wear something around your ankle area with the skates on? cause it seems these kind of injuries are happening more

JB172

I think that Hansen got off light, he should have got at least 3 and maybe the max 5 that you get for a phone hearing.

mlawlor

ANOTHER injury to a key player, this time Anderson the goalie of Ottawa. Besides Nashville / Fisher, the only two teams I follow, Ottawa & Calgary are continually injury prone. Can't this season end sooner? Lol

knewman19

Detroit is moving to the East under realignment .... hey Jeff, James, and Tom bring it b!tches cause they are in the conference with TB and FLA