Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NHL Thread (formerly Screw The NHL!!)

smilesalot2day

Iginla better win the Cup or this trade would've been for nothing. I have such mixed emotions. I literally grew up with Jarome as the star, the face, the heart of my team. So to see him say goodbye to the Flames is a bit heartbreaking. He's been incredible with not only the team, but the city as well. Nicest, classiest guy ever.

That said, he deserves to win a Cup. And there's just no foreseeable way that's going to happen with Calgary. So, this will be the one time I will be rooting for the Penguins. Get that Cup, Iggy!

Plus, it'll be fun to watch him play with Crosby again. No doubt the two already have golden chemistry. ;)

I went to bed thinking he had been traded to Boston and woke up and he was actually traded to Pittsburg.. Damn

jeff

just another fan
Don't think the Pens paid that high a price for Iginla. Based on what's being reported, it sounds like Iginla wanted to go to Pittsburgh and so that was all the Flames could get.

I also won't be surprised if there's a wink wink understanding between Iginla and the flames that he will return in the offseason

smilesalot2day

I think this deal was shady. Boston was told they had a deal and they scratch the players that Calgary wanted in return and then 10 mins before midnight they announce now he only wants to go to pittsburg. Bull he gave 4 teams and they abided by his wishes and they don't have the guts to call back bostons gm and tell them early on that he changed his mind.

Audra

Don't think the Pens paid that high a price for Iginla. Based on what's being reported, it sounds like Iginla wanted to go to Pittsburgh and so that was all the Flames could get.

I also won't be surprised if there's a wink wink understanding between Iginla and the flames that he will return in the offseason

he wanted to come to Pittsburgh, he wants that chance to win the cup and the Penguins were the choice he wanted and to play with Crosby and Malkin, and we gave the Flames two prospects and a first round pick

Audra

I think this deal was shady. Boston was told they had a deal and they scratch the players that Calgary wanted in return and then 10 mins before midnight they announce now he only wants to go to pittsburg. Bull he gave 4 teams and they abided by his wishes and they don't have the guts to call back bostons gm and tell them early on that he changed his mind.

it seems from what I read, he chose to go to Pittsburgh, he obviously didn't want to go to Boston even though they had the better deal, he wanted to go to the Penguins, it wasn't Flames GM's choice on where Iginla went, it was Iginla's choice on where he wanted to go. and from reading the NHL article about the trade, Peter Chiarelli doesn't sound completely bitter about it, sure he's probably disappointed they didn't get the deal and probably wished it didn't happen the way it did but he still feels the Bruins are capable of still being great

Schrodinger

This is really not good seems the Preds didn't know there was game tonight & didn't show up. They need to recover and fast.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

JB172

Iginla better win the Cup or this trade would've been for nothing. I have such mixed emotions. I literally grew up with Jarome as the star, the face, the heart of my team. So to see him say goodbye to the Flames is a bit heartbreaking. He's been incredible with not only the team, but the city as well. Nicest, classiest guy ever.

That said, he deserves to win a Cup. And there's just no foreseeable way that's going to happen with Calgary. So, this will be the one time I will be rooting for the Penguins. Get that Cup, Iggy!

Plus, it'll be fun to watch him play with Crosby again. No doubt the two already have golden chemistry. ;)

If the Pens get to the finals and are not playing the Red Wings which I don't see happening, I would actually root for the Pens to win just to see Iggy get a cup.

epicamends

Even if Iggy doesn't return to Calgary as a player, I hope he comes back someday in a behind-the-scenes fashion. I could see him being a really good coach someday - he's such a great leader.

jeff

just another fan
he wanted to come to Pittsburgh, he wants that chance to win the cup and the Penguins were the choice he wanted and to play with Crosby and Malkin, and we gave the Flames two prospects and a first round pick

so do you think the price the pens paid was fair/too much/too little?

Audra

so do you think the price the pens paid was fair/too much/too little?

I'm surprised we didn't give up more or any of our current roster, i was actually shocked on who we gave up cause the two players they gave them I never have really heard from or they weren't really high up on lists for very potential players, since we have so many good prospects and players in the AHL. I don't know if that was the plan all along to do that or if it was all we could offer to get Iginla, but the one thing I'm sure Calgary liked getting was the first round draft pick for this year....from what I've read it seemed Boston had the better deal or players to give up but it was Iginla's choice where he wanted to go

epicamends

And the Flames traded Bouwmeester to the Blues. We're definitely in rebuild mode. It'll be interesting to see what kind of team the Flames have in 3 or so years, and whether we can truly rebuild and be real playoff contenders again.

CrazyDreams1818

And the Flames traded Bouwmeester to the Blues. We're definitely in rebuild mode. It'll be interesting to see what kind of team the Flames have in 3 or so years, and whether we can truly rebuild and be real playoff contenders again.

Sens rebuild paid off in the past few years :) an amazing coach didn't hurt either.

Hopefully the Flames will pick it up in a few years!

epicamends

And now they're talking about trading Kipper to the Leafs! Of all teams. Excuse me while I go cry in the corner. Kipper and Iggy were pretty much my childhood. :'(

buckeyecarriefan

I'm shocked that Columbus not only considered, but actually pulled off a trade for a big name.

Everyone thought they were done after they traded Nash, and the way they played at the beginning of the season lived up to it. But they've come together and now getting an actual offensive threat in Gaborik could make them dangerous.

JB172

leafswingsclassic.jpg