Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Performance in DC?

thaifood

All this talk of a "bump" - I would love to have such a bump and the tiny figure she works so hard to have!!
Some people can't be happy unless they can talk about how emaciated she looks.[/QUOTE]

Some people just feel compelled to find fault & flaws with everything & they want others to know just how smart they think they are. It is bothersome to say the least.

Claire2004

Pic of Carrie while giving her speech: Emily Miller's photos - Carrie Underwood is adorable #fb | Plixi

x2_51f5363

I love that hairstyle on her :)

teesharky

I feel bad for Carrie as she is going to be picked apArt with faux bumps until the day she had a real baby as everyone keeps watching her belly now on some baby bump wAtch. If she gains 5 pounds or is bloated etc one day the media will be all over her like they were with fergie and eva longoria when they ate big pAsta meals. No wonders Carrie wears big scarfs so much as it hides her tummy so people willleave her alone.

domvan

I think Carrie would expect better than this from her fans. Let's not start any rumors please, so unfair to her!

DaisyTweets

All this talk of a "bump" - I would love to have such a bump and the tiny figure she works so hard to have!!
Some people can't be happy unless they can talk about how emaciated she looks.[/QUOTE]

Some people just feel compelled to find fault & flaws with everything & they want others to know just how smart they think they are. It is bothersome to say the least.

If I were Carrie, I'd be a tad upset! She looks beyond fabulous and many women would give anything to have the figure she has. We all know how she loves to workout and how hard she does work at it and then people (fans????) speculate and start all kinds of rumors. Makes no sense to me. Do any of you who saw 'something' really think she'd wear a beautiful dress like she had on last night if she were expecting??? No, she wouldn't have!

And its like I said last night, both Carrie and Mike have addressed the children speculation -- they'd like to wait to have children -- why isn't their answer enough????

You are so right Ron, its bothersome and its disrespectful!

fearless_dancerrr

i don't think people are pointing out what they think is a bump to be rude or to find a "flaw" in carrie.. i think they point it out more cause they hope it's true cause they want carrie to have a baby (idk why anyone would want that now though.. cause that would mean she'd most likely take A LOT more time off than we originally thought she would..) though i do agree that pointing these things out is how rumors start and that is something we should really avoid.. especially cause it must hurt carrie's feelings/make her self-conscious when people are pointing to her belly and saying it looks like she could be preggers.

Pi314CA

After reading the lyrics of "Instant Karma", seems that there could of been a better song choice. Maybe I just don't get what John Lennon is saying.

Instant Karma's gonna get you
Gonna knock you right on the head
You better get yourself together
Pretty soon you're gonna be dead
What in the world you thinking of
Laughing in the face of love
What on earth you tryin' to do
It's up to you, yeah you

Gonna look you right in the face
Better get yourself together darlin'
Join the human race
How in the world you gonna see
Laughin' at fools like me
Who on earth d'you think you are
A super star
Well, right you are

Well we all shine on
Like the moon and the stars and the sun
Well we all shine on
Ev'ryone come on

Gonna knock you off your feet
Better recognize your brothers
Ev'ryone you meet
Why in the world are we here
Surely not to live in pain and fear
Why on earth are you there
When you're ev'rywhere
Come and get your share

Well we all shine on
Yeah we all shine on
Come on and on and on on on
Yeah yeah, alright, uh huh, ah

Well we all shine on
Yeah we all shine on
On and on and on on and on

Well we all shine on
Well we all shine on
Well we all shine on
Yeah we all shine on

abbeyjones18

After reading the lyrics of "Instant Karma", seems that there could of been a better song choice. Maybe I just don't get what John Lennon is saying.

Gonna knock you right on the head
You better get yourself together
Pretty soon you're gonna be dead
What in the world you thinking of
Laughing in the face of love
What on earth you tryin' to do
It's up to you, yeah you

Gonna look you right in the face
Better get yourself together darlin'
Join the human race
How in the world you gonna see
Laughin' at fools like me
Who on earth d'you think you are
A super star
Well, right you are

Well we all shine on
Well we all shine on
Ev'ryone come on

Gonna knock you off your feet
Better recognize your brothers
Ev'ryone you meet
Why in the world are we here
Surely not to live in pain and fear
Why on earth are you there
When you're ev'rywhere
Come and get your share

Well we all shine on
Yeah we all shine on
Come on and on and on on on
Yeah yeah, alright, uh huh, ah

Well we all shine on
Yeah we all shine on
On and on and on on and on

Well we all shine on
Well we all shine on
Well we all shine on
Yeah we all shine on

Maybe what the song is trying to say that people should wake up and do something, help people, etc, before it's too late....at least that is my understanding of it... :)

carriecountrystar

i don't think people are pointing out what they think is a bump to be rude or to find a "flaw" in carrie.. i think they point it out more cause they hope it's true cause they want carrie to have a baby (idk why anyone would want that now though.. cause that would mean she'd most likely take A LOT more time off than we originally thought she would..) though i do agree that pointing these things out is how rumors start and that is something we should really avoid.. especially cause it must hurt carrie's feelings/make her self-conscious when people are pointing to her belly and saying it looks like she could be preggers.

maybe everyone is just getting a bit paranoid as most of us has been on the edge this year. I think it's just the fact that we don't really know what's going on that's making some go a bit crazy over the silence not to mention the lack of 5th single to keep our minds busy!

DizzyDollyDee

I read that karma is the belief your actions affect your future lives. Good deeds will have a positive affect - its all about accountability for your daily actions.
Very good choice and appropriate song for honoring Bush's good deeds! Carrie always seems to look for the songs that carry a deeper more profound meaning. Love her song choices.

pgk

I feel bad for Carrie as she is going to be picked apArt with faux bumps until the day she had a real baby as everyone keeps watching her belly now on some baby bump wAtch. If she gains 5 pounds or is bloated etc one day the media will be all over her like they were with fergie and eva longoria when they ate big pAsta meals. No wonders Carrie wears big scarfs so much as it hides her tummy so people willleave her alone.

Personally I think she wears the scarves (that I've seen so far) because it's cold where she is /was or simply because it's a fashion statement. But yes I agree with you that the paps will be looking to be the first to break the baby news when it happens and I guess until then people's vision and/or imagination will reek havoc in the rumour mill department...

Mirasa45A

Maybe what the song is trying to say that people should wake up and do something, help people, etc, before it's too late....at least that is my understanding of it... :)

"Instant Karma" is a Hindu and Buddhist belief that what comes around goes around -- "every action has consequences" (our actions matters).

Remember, when John Lennon wrote this song, he was deeply in love with Joko Ono who is a Japanese !

blondemama

What is all the talk about the bump about anyway. Its not right and we should not be feeding into or speculating on this issue. Mike and Carrie have both said its not time and I respect that so unless she says anything we should refrain from comment out of just plain respect. I am just happy to hear her sing.

Pi314CA

I read that karma is the belief your actions affect your future lives. Good deeds will have a positive affect - its all about accountability for your daily actions.
Very good choice and appropriate song for honoring Bush's good deeds! Carrie always seems to look for the songs that carry a deeper more profound meaning. Love her song choices.

Christians don't believe in future lives (see Hebrews 9:27). The song has the person's accountability to something called "Instant Karma" (a Hindu or Buddhist god?). Very strange.

Perhaps factors for this song choice include some of the lyrics and that this song was in the honoree's era.

"Instant Karma" is a Hindu and Buddhist belief that what comes around goes around -- "every action has consequences" (our actions matters).

Remember, when John Lennon wrote this song, he was deeply in love with Joko Ono who is a Japanese !

Christians don't believe in karma and reincarnation, and thus am surprised Carrie chose this song.

robinannhunt

No bump. The gettyimages were not flatering. The later pictures were a lot better. If you still think there was a bump look at the red carpet interview vid.