Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Performance in DC?

DizzyDollyDee

Christians don't believe in future lives (see Hebrews 9:27). The song has the person's accountability to something called "Instant Karma" (a Hindu or Buddhist god?). Very strange.

Perhaps factors for this song choice include some of the lyrics and that this song was in the honoree's era.

Christians don't believe in karma and reincarnation, and thus am surprised Carrie chose this song.

I'm a Christian but I also know for a fact that every action has a consequence (as Mirasa noted) - it can be negative or positive. Songs don't have to say verbatim the message that is implied.
Carrie is just trying to say that the more we help others, the better the world will be. The word "Karma" throws it into a total different connotations but the basic meaning is still there. Carrie is a Christian so I just understand what she is trying to say - we are here to help others. Bush has done a good job of that.

DizzyDollyDee

Leave it to Carrie to sing a song that we can debate the meaning of for the next few pages! lol
I personally can hardly wait to hear her performance.
Any comments going on out there on twitter?

12russ79

Leave it to Carrie to sing a song that we can debate the meaning of for the next few pages! lol
I personally can hardly wait to hear her performance.
Any comments going on out there on twitter?

Can you IMAGINE being able to perform a JOHN LENNON classic in front of 4 Presidents !!! WOW Our little FARMGIRL from Oklahoma is living an incredible dream!!! And im soooo happy im along for the amazing Journey she is taking us on....LOL

DaisyTweets

I just hope they show Carrie singing and speaking parts on TV. I mean there were alot of performers and the program to be aired is only 1 hour in length. They would be nuts not to air Carrie's parts!!! LOL

JB172

Nice to see after being on vacation & busy with other things and haven't been on here a week that all the b!thcing over a song choice, dress and label hating hasn't changed.

Seriously it's just a song, a dress and the label is NOT out to get rid of one of it's most profitable artists.

robinannhunt

Nice to see after being on vacation & busy with other things and haven't been on here a week that all the b!thcing over a song choice, dress and label hating hasn't changed.

Seriously it's just a song, a dress and the label is NOT out to get rid of one of it's most profitable artists.

What information are you basing this comment on. Everyone has an opinion so let it go unles you have insider information.

What would be interesting to know is what is happening at the record label with the staff and what is Carrie contracted to do for the label.

JB172

What information are you basing this comment on. Everyone has an opinion so let it go unles you have insider information.

What would be interesting to know is what is happening at the record label with the staff and what is Carrie contracted to do for the label.

And what exact information do YOU have that the label is out to get rid of Carrie????

Every artist on every label is helped by the label at some point when it comes to increasing sales, awards shows, etc.. and that includes Carrie and despite what people want to think that would not change if she left and went somewhere else.

Sometimes one artist is going to get the help and sometimes their labelmate will get it that is just the way it is and unless an artist has their own label they are going to have to share the help that the label gives.

Pi314CA

This honestly has nothing to do with religion.

Okay. I noticed that the lyrics are contradictory so yeah it doesn't have anything to do with religion. Lennon probably "hijacked" the word "karma" out of its religious context and used it in some other way. Still wished Carrie chose a different song. Peace.

sam_vzla

Where was I yesterday? Anyway, quoting that Fox article the evening was about
highlighting the positive effects voluntary action can have on communities.
, so the lyrics of the song are perfect, one of Lennon's best I think. I want to hear Carrie's version.