Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Single #3 - Two Black Cadillacs

Ann055

@1061thetwister
Should we have @JJRyanOnAir play the new @carrieunderwood single during his show too? Let us know! We can't wait for her show Nov 21!

Everyone with twitter, tell them yes please!

kdprouty

YES! Way to go Arista. The smart move was to keep their foot on the accelerator and keep the momentum going strong. I'm very happy with this choice. You don't keep the big hitters for late in the game and the label knows it. I was getting worried that they would go with something else but this reaffirmed my faith that they have their act together. Another #1 is coming and, it will probably be another stress free chart run although we will have the slow down at Christmas which will get everybody worried. Radio will eat this up.

I agree with this and the fact that Carrie has always said this was a dark album. Putting a light, happy song next just didn't make sense for the description of a dark album. I think this will be a big hit just like BA.

Hil

I wouldn't worry too much about it not sounding country enough. Taylor never sounds country and wins EOTY all the time. lol don't sweat it.

allamericangirl8

I was asleep during the announcement! Doh!

I'm happy. I was pulling for DYTAM, but it's always amazing to see your favorite song selected as a single. No WCIS/MS situation here! And I was kinda bummed that I'd have to wait so long for an amazing video, but now the wait is much shorter.

BA and TBC have to compete for awards now, though, right? What a shame. I hope they pick TBC over it since it's the better song (imo) AND a Carrie co-write, and hopefully the video is eerier.

epicamends

I was asleep during the announcement! Doh!

I'm happy. I was pulling for DYTAM, but it's always amazing to see your favorite song selected as a single. No WCIS/MS situation here! And I was kinda bummed that I'd have to wait so long for an amazing video, but now the wait is much shorter.

BA and TBC have to compete for awards now, though, right? What a shame. I hope they pick TBC over it since it's the better song (imo) AND a Carrie co-write, and hopefully the video is eerier.

They'll be competing at the 2013 ACMs and CMAs, yes. But the 2014 Grammys should belong to TBC. ;)

pkc4rls

I think the song is about them going to his funeral and not about how he died. I will admit they were not happy about what he did but I do not hear any reference to them killing him.

Ok, just so we can get the delusion out of the way lol :), here is Carrie in her own words saying it is about the wife and mistress KILLING the guy, lol.

Carrie Underwood Talks About "Two Black Cadillacs" - YouTube In her own words at about :51 lol

Pi314CA

They'll be competing at the 2013 ACMs and CMAs, yes. But the 2014 Grammys should belong to TBC. ;)

Actually, BA and TBC may not compete at the 2013 ACMs because TBC will peak early next year (and qualify for the 2014 ACMs). But yes they will compete at the 2013 CMAs.

luez42

I was a little surprised that they'd go for this following Blown Away, as they are darker songs. But I couldn't be happier! I was getting the feeling that this may be the single after Carrie spoke about liking to make big videos recently.

I really hope she performs this at the AMA's, it's the perfect platform. I'm not sure what I'd prefer her to perform at the CMA's... Especially since both award shows are close to one another. However, it looks like there is an opening in her schedule the weekend of the AMA's to shoot the video. ;)

Hopefully the 4th single will be Do You Think About Me, followed by One Way Ticket for the 5th and Leave Love Alone for the 6th. :p

countrymusicfan15

I'm gonna go on record and say this is Carrie's BEST single to date! Critics have long accused Carrie of playing it safe with her single choices. Well not this time!!!!!! GO CARRIE!!!!!!!

Oneal

How do you guys think this single will sell compared to GG and BA? Should we expect about the same, more or less?

Burst

I'm kinda disappointed by this. Not because I don't like TBC (it's among my favourites on the album), but because I think it won't do as well as many of us think. It's a good winter time song I guess, but it's not overly appealing to country or pop imo as it kind of sits between the genres. I'm still hoping that DYTAM becomes a single because I think it's a cutesy love song that she doesn't have many of as singles.

pklongbeach

I actually think "sonically" that it is the most relatable.
Everything about the production of this song sounds perfectly set in the story.
Her voice, the instumentation, everything.
My only thing is that it feels like one of the few attempts by her producer to have a song that starts and ends as part of a larger peice. So out of context it starts a little subtely for me and then ends with this "smokey atmospheric tone" that leads you into the light of "Whohh Hoo Hoo" See You Again.
So I actually feel like this song could use a tweek or two for radio to give it a beginning a middle and an end.
But that is just me..
I have always likened it to "American Idiot" by Green Day. It is hard to pull songs out of that album cause they all seem to work with in the confines of the larger work.
2BC has elements of that for me.
The beginning is good, and could remain the same but an official "end" would suit is better as a single.
Where as the way it is in the album is great for the album, but seems to "trail off" as a single.
Does that make sense?

supercarriefan

I really like TBC as the next single. It wasn't what I was expecting, but it should work out really well. The video should be amazing! I kind of hope she sticks with Randee for this video because they worked well together with BA. Now that we have the new single announcement, I hope Carrie does sing it at the CMAs. I won't be upset if she does BA one more time, but it would be a great intro to TBC to be performed at the CMAs.

Country radio is going to have some dark songs this fall/winter lol. We've got TBC, LBT's Tornado, TBP's Better Dig Two, plus Eric's Creepin' is still on the charts. I love when country artists aren't afraid to go a little dark and twisted lol.