Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Single #3 - Two Black Cadillacs

Carrie Underwood‏@carrieunderwood

The next single is..."Two Black Cadillacs!" It's certainly a favorite of mine! We're going to shoot the video soon! It's going to be great!

There's the confirmation from Carrie on twitter on the third single TBC. This music video is going to be really dark and scary because of the lyrics

teesharky

I don't think it is pop either. It sounds more bluesy to me.

I think 2 Black Cadillacs is R&B & Bluesy-- not pop. Agree. I just generalized it by calling it pop before.

But when I hear her sing it, I think of Mary J Blige meet Wynonna, and that is a good thing! :)

teesharky

I love this single choice! But I feel like its too early....Blown Away is still in the top 25 and I just don't want it to cutoff Blown Away's momentum....I hope she performs Blown Away at the CMA's maybe even a mash up and then ago Black Cadillacs at the AMA's and the Grammys

Blown Away is done already on country, and just rising on Hot AC. So she has no choice but to release another single NOW to keep the momentum going for Christmas sales. BA will go recurrent in a few weeks- but no need to wait that long for the next single. It is done.

She needs a hot new single to drive sales for Christmas shopping, and it needs to be released now since December comes with Christmas songs on the radio. So airplay will slow down in December for all regular songs. She needs to release now, or it is too late for 2012.

Best song on album...it is definately country imo...perfect song for this time of year...I see her performing this on cma's to begin promoting the single...it may actually be more successful than ba...we will see!

teesharky

I hope she has an epic production for the AMAS if she sings this song. Remember the awesome backup dancers she had for Cowboy Casanova at the AMAS?

She could do something really funky, have a dark, mysterious stage and set, at a grave site, and wear all black. She needs a female backup singer- Jamie- to play the other women I guess.

I hope they debut this song with a BANG and do a great job like they did for Cowboy Casanova. The AMAS are not afraid to be creative and take risks. Her CC set was stellar!

The hip hop, R&B, pop fans at the AMAS will love this song.

Ann055

Absolutely LOVE TBC...the lyrics pop up in my head ever since we got the album! Don't know what that says about me...hehehe...just kidding! I'm very excited and can't wait for the video either!

carebear4eva

I hope she has an epic production for the AMAS if she sings this song. Remember the awesome backup dancers she had for Cowboy Casanova at the AMAS?

She could do something really funky, have a dark, mysterious stage and set, at a grave site, and wear all black. She needs a female backup singer- Jamie- to play the other women I guess.

I hope they debut this song with a BANG and do a great job like they did for Cowboy Casanova. The AMAS are not afraid to be creative and take risks. Her CC set was stellar!

The hip hop, R&B, pop fans at the AMAS will love this song.

I still suspect that she's duetting with Aerosmith at the AMAs.

Claire2004

I was expecting DYTAM as the next one, but I'm very excited that TBC was chosen instead. While I like DYTAM for its sweetness, one thing I was worried about it was its ability to keep the momentum of the album. I think TBC will do the job. Plus, the album really has so many potential singles, I won't have violent reaction for most of the songs except perhaps NETY and WAY (OWT I will cringe, but no violent reaction lol).

Love the choices so far!

So the male artists can release one truck/beer song after another. We have Carrie who releases quality songs like BA and TBC, that's all we need. :)

teesharky

I still suspect that she's duetting with Aerosmith at the AMAs.

Both are fine by me. lol But maybe she will sing twice!

Aerosmith could lead off with their own solo songs, then Carrie could be a surprise guest for the duet at the end of their set.

She could do her feature performance later or whatever.

teesharky

Hmmm. Taste of Country doesn't like it as much as I hoped. They said it doesn't stand out somehow. Odd. They also said once could get tired of it after awhile.

I hope it doesn't have a burnout factor. Never thought of that.

epicamends

Hmmm. Taste of Country doesn't like it as much as I hoped. They said it doesn't stand out somehow. Odd. They also said once could get tired of it after awhile.

I hope it doesn't have a burnout factor. Never thought of that.

It sure doesn't for me. The one song on the album that has had a burnout factor with me is Cupid, which is why I'm kind of hoping that one doesn't become a single. But I love TBC just as much today as I did the first time I heard it.

luxoricious

I hope she performs Two Black Cadillacs tomorrow night.
Blown Away is kind of over by now. And I don't think it would be full charming to see her performing that song now with Sally's taking over. Would be weird don't you all think???

pgk

"Two Black Cadillacs waiting for the right time (to kill him)"

Maybe they were waiting for the right time to......confront him. But as 'luck' would have it, he is accidently killed before they can put their plan in action. The confrontation is averted, but it still leaves them with the fact that they were planning to do something about his cheating ways. What that something is, we don't know. We know he's dead, but we don't know how. Perhaps the secret they're keeping is the fact that the 2 women discovered his philandering. When they say they 'were'nt going to let him get away with it', well maybe they were planning to tell him the jig was up and that they were both going to leave him. But unfortunately for him he ended up leaving them in a very permanent way. His 'unfaithfullness' is the 'secret' they agreed to keep from everyone and in so doing helped maintain his reputation as a 'good' man. As a side note, the wife sounds generous so I'm almost certain she shared some of her deceased husband's money with the mistress who probably became a good friend.

I think the songwriters deliberately manipulated the lyrics to create the allusion that something more sinister than 'cheating' had happened. But the 'what, how, and who, is very vague and that along with the instrumentation, and vocals is the lure of the song.

NC State Carrie Fan

Everyone's saying Blown Away is over....but I want to milk it like Wanted and Pontoon where it starts stalling after its already sold 1.5 million + ...So I still wish they would have held out on the new single but then again I do want Two Black Cadillacs out during Christmas so