Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Single #3 - Two Black Cadillacs

NC State Carrie Fan

I love this single choice! But I feel like its too early....Blown Away is still in the top 25 and I just don't want it to cutoff Blown Away's momentum....I hope she performs Blown Away at the CMA's maybe even a mash up and then ago Black Cadillacs at the AMA's and the Grammys

pgk

You are right that the general public will not be analyzing which song is dark and which isn't. lol So hopefully my concern there is not a big deal.

But-- my biggest concern is this is 3 Popish songs in a row now. I had hoped she would throw country radio a bone and release a more country sounding song next like DYTAM or Cupid or WAW. I am worried she will get radio backlash like Taylor did if she keeps on pushing the envelope like this.

I adore 2BC, but it is an R&B song to me-- through and through-- and I love that! lol I love R&B so I adore how Carrie's voice sounds on this song. Honestly-- it is a really great vocal for her and that should go over well.

My concern is that it is not very country sounding, though the subject matter is fine for country radio due to Reba and Dixie Chicks' past success with murder. lol

Just expect some backlash from conservatives who do not like that the women killed the man for cheating. Many people will love it and think it is funny as hell-- but some will hate this.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but, weren't there quite a number of country critics who singled out TBC as one of the stellar songs on BA? What did they call it, 'deliciously dark'?

As for 'who' killed the person? Who knows? We don't know if the women contracted the kill, or did it themselves. So it's a mystery. It's intrigue. It's good music!

pandy

Wow, totally didn't see TBC coming as a third single. I knew at some point it would become a single, but not so soon. I thought DYTAM as the next single
THEN TBC, but great move on Carrie's part. There is NOTHING like this anywhere on the radio, like anywhere, like ever. WOW.

gwade82

As people have pointed out, there are several references to them killing him.

"He's not the only one who had a secret to hide."

"They decided then, he'd never get away with doing this to them. Two black cadillacs waiting for the right time."

"They shared a crimson smile and just walked away, and left the secret at the grave."

It could have been "JAD" or a "Play On" to "ITYS".

teesharky

What's the matter with you? TBC is a happy, cheerful song about women bonding and having slumber parties!

AAG, on the other hand, was clearly a gruesome tale of a cruel father who attempted a botch gender reassignment on his own child!

ha ha good one! lol

teesharky

Correct me if I'm wrong, but, weren't there quite a number of country critics who singled out TBC as one of the stellar songs on BA? What did they call it, 'deliciously dark'?

As for 'who' killed the person? Who knows? We don't know if the women contracted the kill, or did it themselves. So it's a mystery. It's intrigue. It's good music!

I already said in a few posts above that the critics adore this song so I agree with you. Entertainment Weekly called it Deliciously Dark and I think Rollingstone liked it too.

So the critics will like this song.

I just think the conservative fuddy duddies who bashed Carrie for BHC for daring to vandalize property (sinful) will despise this on morality grounds. They will immediately assume she is the wife and kills the bum.

But who cares right? The conservative fuddy duddies were lost after BHC just for vandalizing property-- and gone for good after Last Name's one night stand shotgun wedding. So a little murder won't matter at this point. They already see Carrie as a Scarlett letter anyway. lol

Manchs

Am I the only one who thinks TBC is not pop at all? I mean, I don't know why people think not country = pop. It sounds experimental to me, just like Blown Away. Both aren't pop at all.

Manchs

I already said in a few posts above that the critics adore this song so I agree with you. Entertainment Weekly called it Deliciously Dark and I think Rollingstone liked it too.

I just think the conservative fuddy duddies who bashed Carrie for BHC for daring to vandalize property (sinful) will despise this on morality grounds. They will immediately assume she is the wife and kills the bum.

But who cares right? The conservative fuddy duddies were lost after BHC just for vandalizing property-- and gone for good after Last Name's one night stand shotgun wedding. So a little murder won't matter at this point. They already see Carrie as a Scarlett letter anyway. lol

Love the comparison haha It's not like she will win conservatives over. They already hate her. Why bother then? You can't please everyone.

Ty

Am I the only one who thinks TBC is not pop at all? I mean, I don't know why people think not country = pop. It sounds experimental to me, just like Blown Away. Both aren't pop at all.
I don't think either are Top 40 Pop.

NC State Carrie Fan

No one cares! I'm church of God, yes the people who run around and shout and people in my church love Carrie and my mom who like only listens to Southern Gospel loves Carrie and loves this song and Blown Away....no one is gonna criticize her for the song....it's just a song not real life so these Carrie bashers are not bashing her because it's sinful there bashing her because they don't like her

pandy

Carrie is shooting the video for TBC Soon. Don't know when she is going to have the time. Two Black Cadillacs was Mike's favorite song. This is a bluesy song.

pklongbeach

I think this is one of the most country songs on the album.
I always find it funny how Carries music gets called so "popish", and yet it can barely translate to pop format cause it sounds entirely too country.
No one is going to mistake this for a pop song.
WANEgBT is what a pop song sounds like.
It's practically in the dictionary.
I agree that is has an "experimental" style to it. But definately a country song.

cyberzoney

YES! Way to go Arista. The smart move was to keep their foot on the accelerator and keep the momentum going strong. I'm very happy with this choice. You don't keep the big hitters for late in the game and the label knows it. I was getting worried that they would go with something else but this reaffirmed my faith that they have their act together. Another #1 is coming and, it will probably be another stress free chart run although we will have the slow down at Christmas which will get everybody worried. Radio will eat this up.

Manchs

YES! Way to go Arista. The smart move was to keep their foot on the accelerator and keep the momentum going strong. I'm very happy with this choice. You don't keep the big hitters for late in the game and the label knows it. I was getting worried that they would go with something else but this reaffirmed my faith that they have their act together. Another #1 is coming and, it will probably be another stress free chart run although we will have the slow down at Christmas which will get everybody worried. Radio will eat this up.

And we are going to be warned about this everyday but it still won't be enough. I have never seen a more worried fanbase. :p

carrieguy2

I'm thinking BA for CMA, TBC for AMA.

i agree. since BA is her current single, she will perform it at the CMA. but since TBC will be her current single by the AMA, she will perform it there.

also, regarding TBC being country, it reminds me so much of The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia, which is country and a big song for Reba.