Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Single #3 - Two Black Cadillacs

thunder92

trust me, those people never liked her. country fans hate her just for loving animals. nuff said. you can't make music for those backwards sexist, homophobic assholes. the storyline of the song tho is very country. BA was huge. clearly country radio doesn't care haha. she's being loyal to them. TS flat out sent country radio a remix. thats why it bombed.
Becca

and the fact that its like, the worst song ever ever

TBC is at least...umm...brilliant!

gwade82

lol, I love TBC , but it is dark...the women kill the man.How is that not dark.They murder him!
Thye didn't need to be freed from anything,They could have just walked away. Especially the mistress.

How do you know they didn't?

carebear4eva

trust me, those people never liked her. country fans hate her just for loving animals. nuff said. you can't make music for those backwards sexist, homophobic assholes. the storyline of the song tho is very country. BA was huge. clearly country radio doesn't care haha. she's being loyal to them. TS flat out sent country radio a remix. thats why it bombed.
Becca

I vastly agree, but I don't think it has anything to do with conservatism. I ****ing love the song, but it is a little dubious in that it is presented as a serious song (unlike, say, Goodbye Earl). And, as I often say, the same song sung by a man about two men conspiring to kill a slutty woman would raise many an eyebrow.

It's not the conservatives who the song may piss off, but just about anyone who takes the song a little too seriously, and infer a little too much.

nccountrygal

I don't think TBC is poppy at all. It's different but to me and I think it has more of a bluesy sound than a pop sound. I think it will do well on country radio.

gwade82

You are right that the general public will not be analyzing which song is dark and which isn't. lol So hopefully my concern there is not a big deal.

But-- my biggest concern is this is 3 Popish songs in a row now. I had hoped she would throw country radio a bone and release a more country sounding song next like DYTAM or Cupid or WAW. I am worried she will get radio backlash like Taylor did if she keeps on pushing the envelope like this.

I adore 2BC, but it is an R&B song to me-- through and through-- and I love that! lol I love R&B so I adore how Carrie's voice sounds on this song. Honestly-- it is a really great vocal for her and that should go over well.

My concern is that it is not very country sounding, though the subject matter is fine for country radio due to Reba and Dixie Chicks' past success with murder. lol

Just expect some backlash from conservatives who do not like that the women killed the man for cheating. Many people will love it and think it is funny as hell-- but some will hate this.

Maybe he died in his sleep.

bigbluegrl23

How do you know they didn't?

are you questioning whether maybe or not the man was abusive and they tried to walk away but then realized they had no choice? or are you just talking in general. because in general, they def killed him haha
Becca

carebear4eva

Maybe he died in his sleep.

D'aw, that's adorable.

"They decided then, he'd never get away with doing this to them."
"He's not the only one who had a secret to hide".
"They shared a crimson smile and just walked away".

No, yeah, he died in his sleep. They were smiling at a knock-knock joke.

bigbluegrl23

I vastly agree, but I don't think it has anything to do with conservatism. I ****ing love the song, but it is a little dubious in that it is presented as a serious song (unlike, say, Goodbye Earl). And, as I often say, the same song sung by a man about two men conspiring to kill a slutty woman would raise many an eyebrow.

It's not the conservatives who the song may piss off, but just about anyone who takes the song a little too seriously, and infer a little too much.

I feel like, coming from a girl with such a sweet image, it will def throw people off but they will prob be able to separate the song from her real life easier. I def think people are going to look at her differently after these two songs though, but in a good way.
Becca

teesharky

I can't believe someone would think TBC is not Country. It is the most country sounding of the 3 singles so far.

Glad you guys think so as hopefully everyone else will too! lol

I just see it as an R&B song, and I love it though! lol

This is perfect for the AMAS! It will go down great with those rappers and hip hop artists as they are not afraid of a little murder in their songs. lol

liveasong

I want to see...

CARRIE UNDERWOOD AND REESE WITHERSPOON SHARE A CRIMSON SMILE AND WALK AWAY!!!!!!!!

tumblr_lzeg5e3AGE1r5tdn1.gif

gwade82

Because the song is about them killing him and going to his funeral...

I think the song is about them going to his funeral and not about how he died. I will admit they were not happy about what he did but I do not hear any reference to them killing him.

teesharky

Well since Mike is unemployed an the moment maybe he can play the husband that gets killed.

lol good idea! And have Miranda be the mistress and Carrie be the wife. Perfect. lol

Mike will get to come to the CMAS, AMAs, and everything else. That is the one bonus in the NHL lockout...but otherwise it sucks. lol

liveasong

I think the song is about them going to his funeral and not about how he died. I will admit they were not happy about what he did but I do not hear any reference to them killing him.

"Two Black Cadillacs waiting for the right time (to kill him)"