Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which song do you WANT to be single #4?

Which song would you like to see as single #4?

• See You Again

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • Do You Think About Me

Votes: 26 28.6%
  • One Way Ticket

Votes: 18 19.8%
  • Good In Goodbye

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Leave Love Alone

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Cupid's Got A Shotgun

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Forever Changed

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Wine After Whiskey

Votes: 21 23.1%
  • Who Are You

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Other: NETY, TGFH

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

gaycarebear

The more I think about it, the more I DO NOT want Carrie to release OWT next. There are gonna be tons of summery songs, and I don't want her to get lost in the mix.

So, I'm gonna go with either WAW (first choice, hands down) or DYTAM (cute and super accessible).

thunder92

The more I think about it, the more I DO NOT want Carrie to release OWT next. There are gonna be tons of summery songs, and I don't want her to get lost in the mix.

So, I'm gonna go with either WAW (first choice, hands down) or DYTAM (cute and super accessible).

Kenny is the only one who ever really releases summer songs lol with a few exceptions of course. So I think it's still a wise choice. And there usually aren't any from female artists

thunder92

I really do like the fact there is not just one single option to go with. We really have no clue what Carrie is going to release this time around. I like it, but it makes me nervous lol

gaycarebear

Kenny is the only one who ever really releases summer songs lol with a few exceptions of course. So I think it's still a wise choice. And there usually aren't any from female artists

Brad is supposed to be, as well as Zac Brown Band's new single too is more summery. Plus, Jason's 1994 is rather fit for summer.

Manchs

In six months, you'll call yourself a proud bonafide metalhead.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Not going to happen. The 4th single will be successful. There will be a 5th single. The question will be whether there will be a sixth single.

I hope you're right. I don't think a sixth single is needed. I would eventually get tired of this era and want Carrie to move on. 5 singles are fine, in my opinion.

Wine After Whiskey for the summer? I disagree. The best choices for a summer single are Do You Think About Me and Leave Love Alone. I don't know why the latter is so polarizing, but it's better to release the former. I wouldn't mind her team releasing the LLA booklet pic as the artcover for DYTAM. It's stunning.

Manchs

I really do like the fact there is not just one single option to go with. We really have no clue what Carrie is going to release this time around. I like it, but it makes me nervous lol

I wouldn't mind if we had 10 superb songs for Carrie to choose as the next single. I do have problem when we have songs like NETY, TGFH and WAY. They are still on the album and could potentially become the next single. lol

simonplay

We are talking about Carrie Underwood! Carrie lost in the mix? NEVER! and she is the ONLY female with a summery single!

And WAW for summer? maybe you want to think about that a little more lol :p

simonplay

And to be honest I think we are wasting our time talking about this, I mean OWT from beginning was made for the summer 2013! :cool:

Oneal

For those that think Carrie will determine whether or not she gets a 5th single...you are wrong. She has no control over that. If the 4th single doesn't do well there will not be a 5th single and even if it does do well there might not be. Arista has complete control over that aspect. Brad didn't get a single after Camoflage underperformed last summer and he definitely made his feelings known that he wanted one. Kenny Chesney(Sony) did not get another single off his new Album after El Cerrito place underperformed and he had made it clear that he wanted 2 songs off there to be singles and they have now moved on to another lead off single. Same thing with Lady A, they were going to release Friday Night but after "Wanted You More" underperformed Capitol said No. Labels aren't going to keep sending singles out off the same Album once they have an underperforming single.

gaycarebear

And to be honest I think we are wasting our time talking about this, I mean OWT from beginning was made for the summer 2013! :cool:

Aren't we wasting our time talking about anything on this board? Just saying.

Plus, WAW, DYTAM are much better songs than OWT. I would rather a GREAT song be released than a summer song just b/c it fits summer.

simonplay

Aren't we wasting our time talking about anything on this board? Just saying.

Plus, WAW, DYTAM are much better songs than OWT. I would rather a GREAT song be released than a summer song just b/c it fits summer.

I have fun so Im not wasting my time in this board, but talking about something that is ALMOST sure is time wasted :p

Im ok with WAW but dont you think that its better release a summery song in the summer and then in the fall release a song like WAW? Im mean WAW is not going anywere, why the urgency? haha

"Do You Think About Me" seems to have been chosen by the majority of voters.

If this song becomes the next single, I can think of the possibility that Mike Fisher will play a role in its music video as he did in "Mama's Song" :)

pklongbeach

For those that think Carrie will determine whether or not she gets a 5th single...you are wrong. She has no control over that. If the 4th single doesn't do well there will not be a 5th single and even if it does do well there might not be. Arista has complete control over that aspect. Brad didn't get a single after Camoflage underperformed last summer and he definitely made his feelings known that he wanted one. Kenny Chesney(Sony) did not get another single off his new Album after El Cerrito place underperformed and he had made it clear that he wanted 2 songs off there to be singles and they have now moved on to another lead off single. Same thing with Lady A, they were going to release Friday Night but after "Wanted You More" underperformed Capitol said No. Labels aren't going to keep sending singles out off the same Album once they have an underperforming single.
Completely agree, but there is also a factor you are leaving out.
The amount of product left to sell.
Labels, when dealing with the bottomline, have to determine how much good a "next" single will do based on public interest but also how much product is left on the shelves and in werehouses when they decide to pull the plug on an albums life.

Some examples I think we have seen: I think PO was ended earlier than expected because it was determined that a next single would not move much more product since the label was not interested in reprinting or redistributing more product. (now I do think they aer always willing to reprint and redistribute when demand is high, but if it is tapering, they cut things off where they think it is most beneficial to them, not an artist or fans who would like to see another single hit the airwaves.)
In contrast: I think Mirandas Revolution (and possibly Four the Record) were both aggressively marketed cause they decided early on to do a big run and a big push. And I think the life of those records outlasted the sales potencial cause they still had product to move and had no other way to move it except to keep promoting it.

I do think BA was planned to (and expected to) move 2 mil. and therefore will definately have a 4th single. But how hard they have to "push" depends on how well the album keeps selling. If they get close to 2 mil. before a 5th single, I suggest they will pull the plug. If the 4th single underperfoms, they might put out a fifth.
(Again, my theory is based on the fact that I think they printed big numbers of BA in the beginning and will want to move more of it than PO before they are done.)

gocountrymusic

The Band Perry released If I Die Young for the summer, that seemed to work out okay for them. Sometimes a risk pays off. WAW would stand out from the pack for sure, and radio may appreciate that.

pklongbeach

Also, my theory does "not" take into account that Sony is clearly struggling. So things are happening there that are alittle out of the norm anyway. So not sure anyone can predict behavior in such an uncertain environment)

nccountrygal

Do you work for Sony? I know you mentioned before that you work at a record label. With regards to Kenny so is that why he is coming out with a new album so quickly? His other album came out last June so this seems really quick for him to get an album out this soon. Also, I actually liked El Cerrito but I really don't like Kenny's new song "Pirate Flag".

nccountrygal

I got to say if there is a chance we only get 4 singles then I really want WAW. Carrie's vocals are flawless on this song and she sounds so good on it.

liveasong

#TEAMONEWAYTICKET!

OWT won't get lost in all the summer songs because it probably is the best song out of the bunch. As simple as that! ;)

People will go CRAZY over that "LICK IT" line! ;)