Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which song do you WANT to be single #4?

Which song would you like to see as single #4?

• See You Again

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • Do You Think About Me

Votes: 26 28.6%
  • One Way Ticket

Votes: 18 19.8%
  • Good In Goodbye

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Leave Love Alone

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Cupid's Got A Shotgun

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Forever Changed

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Wine After Whiskey

Votes: 21 23.1%
  • Who Are You

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Other: NETY, TGFH

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Manchs

But why do you think that, when it seems to be so popular? Just because you personally don't like it? That's what I don't get.

I do like it lol I think you're talking about Simonplay. I think DYTAM will do fine on radio, but it won't sell much. And I really hope her team doesn't decide stop releasing singles if that indeed happens. We need a 5th this time.

epicamends

I do like it lol I think you're talking about Simonplay. I think DYTAM will do fine on radio, but it won't sell much. And I really hope her team doesn't decide stop releasing singles if that indeed happens. We need a 5th this time.

Idk, I think DYTAM could sell surprisingly well considering how relatable/accessible it is. But you never know. I thought TBC would be selling way more than it is (it's doing well, but just not quite as well as I thought it would). And I do think some may be overestimating how big OWT could be - a part of me worries that if OWT does get released, it could get lost in the shuffle with all the other summer party songs. I think it would still do well, and probably hit #1, but I'm not 100% sold on it being the mega smash summer hit that some think it will be.

simonplay

Ok, guys, the thing is that I THINK that for the SUMMER will be better ONE WAY TICKET!

DYTAM is TOO boring for the summer. And I THINK that MAYBE for the spring will be a better choice!

So #TeamOWT :cool:

Manchs

Idk, I think DYTAM could sell surprisingly well considering how relatable/accessible it is. But you never know. I thought TBC would be selling way more than it is (it's doing well, but just not quite as well as I thought it would). And I do think some may be overestimating how big OWT could be - a part of me worries that if OWT does get released, it could get lost in the shuffle with all the other summer party songs. I think it would still do well, and probably hit #1, but I'm not 100% sold on it being the mega smash summer hit that some think it will be.

I think TBC has potential to sell more than DYTAM. Thing is, the release date didn't help much... and the video came out a bit late, IMO. I think OWT could hit #1 for a week and actually outsell TBC, but I think DYTAM deserves more than OWT to be the next single.

Ok, guys, the thing is that I THINK that for the SUMMER will better ONE WAY TICKET!

DYTAM is TOO boring for the summer. And I THINK that MAYBE for the spring will be a better choice!

So #TeamOWT :cool:

No, DYTAM will be the next single and you will deal. :p WAW for single 5.

simonplay

I think TBC has potential to sell more than DYTAM. Thing is, the release date didn't help much... and the video came out a bit late, IMO. I think OWT could hit #1 for a week and actually outsell TBC, but I think DYTAM deserves more than OWT to be the next single.

No, DYTAM will be the next single and you will deal. :p WAW for single 5.

Ok now I think you are a Taylor fan, that want damage the Carrie career!. This is the worst insult I could have told you! haha :p

Manchs

Ok now I think you are a Taylor fan, that want damage the Carrie career!. This is the worst insult I could have told you! haha :p

Actually, the worst insult you could have told me was that I am a metalhead. I bet Nicole wouldn't mind. x) But being called a Swiftie is a second close call. A very close one, IMO. You shall never repeat those words. :p

Oneal

I'll definitely get behing whatever they release but IMO this is a very important choice because if it loses momentum and sales, there likely won't be a 5th single. If no 5th single, we won't be getting Carrie on the charts until sometime in 2014 .

desubear

Guise it's going to be OWT and something really country (due to lack of country material in her singles as of recently) I bet on CGAS, LLA, or NETY as the fifth. Cross your fingers for CGAS which will be immensely successful.

allamericangirl8

Actually, the worst insult you could have told me was that I am a metalhead. I bet Nicole wouldn't mind. x) But being called a Swiftie is a second close call. A very close one, IMO. You shall never repeat those words. :p

In six months, you'll call yourself a proud bonafide metalhead.

epicamends

Carrie is the most successful female country artist out there, on radio and in sales (I no longer count Taylor, because come on). Regardless of how the next single does, if Carrie wants there to be a fifth single I fully believe there will be one. The only reason there wouldn't be one is if Carrie didn't want there to be.

Pi314CA

I'll definitely get behing whatever they release but IMO this is a very important choice because if it loses momentum and sales, there likely won't be a 5th single. If no 5th single, we won't be getting Carrie on the charts until sometime in 2014 .

Not going to happen. The 4th single will be successful. There will be a 5th single. The question will be whether there will be a sixth single.

teesharky

Agree. They have to have a 5th single to spread out the era, and in my opinion, they will need a 6th single too-- and they should release one. That would buy Carrie more time after SOM is over to just take her time and start the new album in 2014.

Otherwise, it would be an entire year or more with no Carrie songs on the radio before they would be ready with the lead single for Album 5. Who knows when that will be.

thunder92

It depends on what they want for Carrie/what Carrie wants

1. If they want more critic recognition, go with CGAS, WAW, DYTAM for the next couple singles
2. If single sales are important, go with OWT, CGAS
3. If boosting/maintaing album sales, go with WAW, DYTAM maybe GIG
4. If Carrie is solely deciding, she will probably go with OWT ticket next. I have a feeling thats what they will go with for summer.

jaks_weyn

DYTAM!!! it can't be denied that this has universal appeal and it can sell well if promoted right...

But like thunder said, it depends what direction Carrie wants to take... I'd prefer she takes the DYTAM route... and NO, it won't flop...

thunder92

We also have to remember to that we really don't need to worry about the album as a whole anymore. The award shows it has been eligible for are passed. They don't need to release singles that are critically and commercially acclaimed (GG, BA, TBC) to show off the album.

they can release a good song that will sell singles and the album, which I think OWT does for the summer. It's a fun song that could go,over really well.