Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who are YOU voting for for ACM EOTY 2011?

Who are YOU voting for?

• Toby Keith

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jason Aldean

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Miranda Lambert

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Brad Paisley

Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Taylor Swift

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Keith Urban

Votes: 34 59.6%

• Total voters

Grace_Of_God

I will be sitting this one out as well. no point. While I like some other country artists i dont love them anymore. Ive fallen out of love with with country. I dont love any specific genre anymore. If i hear a song and I love it i get it hahaha. There are few artist I whole heartedly follow and one is Carrie. So I dont see the point of voting for me

Jade_kt

^^^It's mainly to show our disapprovement of Carrie being snubbed since the label submitted Miranda's name over Carrie. So hence the voting of another nominee who isn't on that label but that we think desires the nomination. But I understand those that don't want to vote at all and rather sit this one out.

smith01

Keith Urban playing the pre-game show. for the person voting for Miranda I just want to know how you justify that? What did she do to deserve it?

It pains me to agree. I am a Miranda fan. I loved the The House That Built Me. I just think EOTY should be about more than one single that I adored. And yes, I felt the same way when Kenny was winning. I am not a fan of his, but I could always understand why he won EOTY.

supercarriefan

My vote is going to Brad.
I'm still a fan of country music as a whole, so I want my vote to be counted, but great for those of you who are taking a stand by not voting.
As for voting for Keith as a way to stick it to Sony, good for all of you for trying, but I really don't think Sony will change their practices because of it. Keith is very deserving, though, and would be my second choice. Good for him if he takes it home.
People have mentioned, not just in this thread but the ACM thread, that they can justify Brad not winning ACM EOTY because he won CMA EOTY. That doesn't make sense to me. That would be like someone saying that they could justify Carrie not getting CMA EOTY because she already has the ACM EOTY. They are two separate awards, and one should have nothing to do with the other. Just my opinion.

allamericangirl8

I don't really care but I don't undersand why you would let the label win? If that's the case then I really hope the votes are split and Taylor wins. Just gotta be honest here. These people screwed Carrie out of even being able to have a chance to continue her streak. They wouldn't have done that to a man. Yet they nominate probably one of the least deserving people to ever be nominated? It's just wrong. Kudos to those of you willing to stand up for Carrie.

I don't care about the label. Obviously, the label doesn't care about me. If the label wins because of my vote, I really don't care. I don't even care if Taylor wins. What's more important? Supporting a talented musician who has supported our girl for years or getting back at a label who has no interest in us?

allamericangirl8

Then you are giving them exactly what they want by helping screw Carrie over JMO. They won't bat at eye at leaving her off the ballot next time either.

i'm voting for Taylor lol

They won't learn anything either way. If Keith wins, I highly doubt they'll muse, "Those darn Carrie fans!"

I don't care if I give them what they want. I think voting for Miranda is more along the lines of giving them what they want than Brad anyway.

Carrie and Brad's friendship is just more important than telling a label to suck it. He's been nothing but great to Carrie. His winning has more to prove than Keith's. If we want to get their attention, we should send a write-in vote for the Janedear Girls. THEN they'll get our message.

allamericangirl8

Lol are you really voting her instead of Keith? The majority seems to be going with Keith, and Jade and I have admitted that we will TRY for Keith as well. It's just that out hearts may work against us, which is a big reality. Meg doesn't care.

pkc4rls

I am voting and voting and voting for Keith. I don't see a problem with that. He deserves it as much as anyone nominated, even if I do like Brad also. Hil, you really wouldn't do what you just said you would do would you, LOL??? Would begging you not to help, ROFL??? Or bribes or what else???

Well, I can tell if it is like this poll, we will get nowhere but that is OK and I will try anyway. I know people have to do what they think is right.

allirishgirl

well in Carries latest blog she said Brad was her hero so ima take that as a hint she would like our voting power for the ACM EOTY to get behind Mr Paisley

supercarriefan

Lol are you really voting her instead of Keith? The majority seems to be going with Keith, and Jade and I have admitted that we will TRY for Keith as well. It's just that out hearts may work against us, which is a big reality. Meg doesn't care.

I'm confused. How do I not care lol?

Britt011

Well the way the poll is going, looks like we are just going to hand the award to Taylor. Which is REALLY going to suck! :( I wish we could just all unite and go with the majority, don't know why it is so hard to just vote on one person. :confused:

cpeTN89

Agree we should let this poll go on for a few weeks and see where it stands and all go with the majority if we have any chance of having an impact.

allamericangirl8

No what's the point of that? LOL this thread is fun though. I mean we should all face it Taylor or Miranda is going to win.:)

Oh, Hil! Even though I disagree with you a lot, you always make me laugh!

I simply don't care if my vote is the dEcoding vote. I'll vote for who I believe is the best man. I'm not voting to prevent the worst man from winning (Taylor). Semantics, I realize, but y'all get my point. I'd vote for Grover Cleveland because of his honesty, not because Blaine lacked honesty, in history terms. XD

pklongbeach

Actually, I agree that a vote for Brad is a vote for TS.
There are too many voting Keith for your vote for Brad to have any effect.
But there will be enough voting for T for her to be a real force.
The only way to really fight that force is together.
If you can't see that than you are agreeing to let T win. Now frankly, I don't care at this point if T wins.
The labels have manipulated the system to such a degree that it hardly matters.
I am not quite sure how you see Brad as still being a bigger Carrie supporter than Keith. Keith has never been anything but nice to Carrie. And yes, Brad and Carrie are like Brother and Sister which is great. But I'll be damned if I am going to let Carries label hold her back so Brad "will" win. Sorry guys. I just won't do it.
So TS it is.
Thats alot better than Sony Nashville getting the win while kicking Carrie out.
I will be voting for Keith and I will be gnashing my teeth when they say "Taylor Swift".

Jade_kt

Well I won't be watching the ACM's anyways so at least I don't have to suffer seeing TS's fake gasp smile if she wins :) The only ones I would care to see win if I did tune in would be Brad or Keith. Maybe Jason Aldean.