Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 CMT Awards

CU4ever

Yikes....what a bad lineup. Carrie has always found something to perform at award shows when she didn't have new music out. We've gotten the BA medley, female legends medley, etc.

Considering this award show is not like usual, I don't think artists will be there if not performing. So I'm not sure if they will give the award to her and just go with someone who is there. I guess they could have her film something virtually and play that..

liz278

If Carrie is not performing I don't think I will watch. If she wins I can catch it since I am west coast time.

simonplay

CMT announced the presenters. Looks like Carrie is not performing and she is been out of social media for several days now, she must be working on something and I don't think it's just the Christmas Special at least the special is something really big and take several days of filming.

simonplay

New category for Quarantine Video of the Year, you can vote in the instagram story at CMT account.

I voted for Brad.

jaymiee

Where is Carrie! So sad this is the 1 award show she actually wins and gives the best performances at!

By the list of performers I feel like its obvious who won each category...my guess is Maren won female and Luke will won VOTY. (Even though "voting" is still open seems weird like he already won)

I have always felt that the CMT Awards results seem legit in comparison to other fan voted award shows...I forget which one, but I think there is one show where the fine print somewhere says that the award is based somewhat off of who can show up. I hope the results aren't based off of who is there. I don't feel like Maren has a huge dedicated voting base behind her in comparison to Carrie, Kelsea and maybe even Miranda so if she were to by chance win Female, I would probably think it's odd. Especially considering the fact that other artists for the female video category moved onto the next round for VOTY. I think that would indicate they had a lot of votes overall which would probably then correlate with one of them winning female. I know Maren wasn't nominated for video, but that's my rationale and hopefully it makes sense lol.

Zach1998

I really don't see Carrie not winning Female video. The others just don't have dedicated nor large enough fanbases to vote. I could be wrong though. Plus, Carrie never skips these; so if she did this time then that would be a first. The only one I could see taking Female if not Carrie is Gabby, because she came from AI too so her fans are probably pretty good at voting.

maddkat

Staff member
Where is Carrie! So sad this is the 1 award show she actually wins and gives the best performances at!

By the list of performers I feel like its obvious who won each category...my guess is Maren won female and Luke will won VOTY. (Even though "voting" is still open seems weird like he already won)

I could see them giving Tucker video of the year. I don't think she could get enough votes to make final 6 but here we are.

jaymiee

^Thats true literally who is voting Tanya Tucker lol how did she make it to top 6

I've seen Luke, Carrie, and Kelsea voting party's on twitter I just hope we did enough for Carrie to win if its not already rigged by CMT for who shows up

Louisa

I’m still voting as much as possible. Carrie deserves to continue her streak as the most awarded artist. Do we know if she’s attending the show this year?

countrymusicfan15

^ Apparently the last round of performers were announced and still no Carrie. So it’s looking like she’s not performing. Maybe it conflicts with her Christmas special..

MSCarriefan

Seems like Melissa is still out of town so Carrie probably still is also. She may not think she will be back in time to test or quarantine before performing/presenting since it's mostly required for the award show.

sco

I have no doubt they would love to have her if she were available. Melissa us still in LA so we're assuming Carrie is as well. Guessing she's working on the HBO special.