Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

American Idol 2018 on ABC

maddkat

Staff member
Katy, drove me nuts.... I never knew how she made it in the business anyway, to me she was never a great vocalist...

I thought Lionel would have been more concise on the vocal delivery, or song as oppose to the other aspects he focused on.

And Luke Bryan was just there to be there....... Kieth Urban was a much better judge.....
let's try and keep it positive...what did you like abut the judges?

rcramer

Also, wanted to say that even though I really like Maddie and even though I somewhat defended Gabby in my lengthy post above, I can't say that at this moment I will buy any of the three's music. They will really have to put out some music that I like for me to do that. I haven't even bought any of their newly released Idol singles. I can say that it is highly unlikely that I would ever buy Caleb's music. Gabby is more likely than Caleb, but I would probably just stream it to see if I like it first. She still hasn't grabbed me with her personality for some reason. I adore Maddie, but I would have to wait and see what style of music she releases.

I actually liked all 3 if being honest..... Maddie, even though I liked her, I could see her taking the folk route, which is not one of my favorite styles of music. So will be interesting to see how her CD turns out..... Gabby I was really into her R&B side, that she did very well, I was not sold on the country side, so it would have to be what she puts out for me to be interested.. Caleb, I would be okay listening to on the radio, most likely would not buy his music.......

So it will be interesting to see where this takes them now..... Hopefully better than past idols...... But at least this show does one thing and proves that you don't have to win to do great things........ Look at Daughtry, and more so Jennifer Hudson..... And it gives them other avenues to pursue like Katharine McPhee in acting and Broadway....

But in my heart, they will never never find a Carrie Underwood..... She was the Needle in the haystack.....

Smokyiiis

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...-poppe-american-idol-future-career/634283002/

[h=1]What happens next for 'American Idol' winner Maddie Poppe could well make or break her chance at lasting fame, experts say[/h]
“This is the part right now that I worry the most about the 'Idol' winner,” Matthews said. “I have a vested interest in Maddie doing well because she is from Iowa, but at end of the day, you can be called 'American Idol' champion, but if you don’t have a hit sometime soon, then you are going to quickly fade away.”
Poppe’s more immediate future is well laid out: She will have a week of media appearances and will perform at several prescheduled shows in the six weeks she has off between now and her “American Idol Live! 2018” tour.
More: Maddie Poppe dishes on life after 'Idol,' the secrets of Kermit, the big Caleb reveal and her love of Pizza Ranch
In addition to the title of “American Idol,” Poppe won $250,000 on Monday, as well as a headlining performance at the Hollywood Bowl, a spot on the cross-country “Idol” tour and a recording contract with Hollywood Records.
She’ll crisscross the country on that tour between July 11 and Sept. 16.
When the curtain closes on that September show, Poppe will lose her “Idol” safety net and her road gig paychecks.
On Sept. 17, she’ll need to hit the ground running on the "Maddie career."
But what does she need to do to launch into that next level of success?
“Nobody knows that,” Mansfield said. “She doesn’t know that. The label probably doesn’t know that. That is like catching lightning in a bottle.”

Smokyiiis

[h=2]Will her uniqueness be an asset?[/h]Throughout the season, the judges commended Poppe’s undefinable qualities.
She wasn’t the typical “American Idol” singer belting out pop tunes. Instead, she was a quiet vocal storyteller with a penchant for eccentric song choices and an uncommon style.
But what worked on TV historically has had a hard time translating to radio for non-country “Idol” winners, Mansfield said. And radio is key to any performer's success.
“They can be unique, but they have to fit into a genre,” he said. “There was a time on 'Idol' where they had all white guys with the guitars win, and they ran into a problem because white guys with guitars weren’t really the thing that everybody else was listening to.”

Ya think????????????????????????????????

Smokyiiis

After the show's first few seasons, radio stations grew reluctant to play “Idol” winners’ songs because managers couldn't bank on those names having staying power.
“They seemed like TV-generated stars, rather than people radio programmers knew worked on the radio,” Mansfield said. “That reluctance is stronger now than it ever has been.”

This is exactly what they are fighting and it's a terrible battle for sure!

Really a lot more at my link above!

rcramer

Will her uniqueness be an asset?

Throughout the season, the judges commended Poppe’s undefinable qualities.
She wasn’t the typical “American Idol” singer belting out pop tunes. Instead, she was a quiet vocal storyteller with a penchant for eccentric song choices and an uncommon style.
But what worked on TV historically has had a hard time translating to radio for non-country “Idol” winners, Mansfield said. And radio is key to any performer's success.
“They can be unique, but they have to fit into a genre,” he said. “There was a time on 'Idol' where they had all white guys with the guitars win, and they ran into a problem because white guys with guitars weren’t really the thing that everybody else was listening to.”

Ya think????????????????????????????????

And the remark Radio is key to any performers success...... Hellooooo...... Well ask any of the current country females trying to make that happen.......

simonplay

Katy was the best judge IMO , she is funny, she tell them some real critics, and always knew what to say, the other two have some problems trying to figure out what to say at the point it was awkward most of the time.
Agree that next season they need to be more real critics and not say all the time that they are perfect when we have ears and know that is not even close. The last show was better specially Katy, hope they continue like that next season.

Smokyiiis

I agree Simon. Somewhere out of the blue the last show they actually started critiquing! Imagine that! I think someone was actually reading all of the negative comments about the judging and admonishing them for not really doing what was definitely an aspect of their paid job! Ugh!

Hil

Katy, drove me nuts.... I never knew how she made it in the business anyway, to me she was never a great vocalist...

I thought Lionel would have been more concise on the vocal delivery, or song as oppose to the other aspects he focused on.

And Luke Bryan was just there to be there....... Kieth Urban was a much better judge.....

Katy is 10x the vocalist Miley or Tswift will ever be. She doesn't have the biggest voice out there, but she does have a good one.

thaifood

I enjoyed Katy as a judge. I like that she wasn’t all stuffed shirt. Lionel and Luke need to be more inventive than “ you are a star” “ you owned it” Yada Yada

rcramer

Katy is 10x the vocalist Miley or Tswift will ever be. She doesn't have the biggest voice out there, but she does have a good one.

I don't even think I could measure her to those two..... Maybe because her music is so auto tuned, I don't really see the voice she has.....

txacar

^I really like it, too. Hope touring with a new album will create more interest in him -- love his voice.

txacar

His rendition of Chandelier was exquisite.

You made me go to youtube and revisit. Gosh, that was one of the most beautiful performances ever on Idol (or anywhere). I've bookmarked for my future listening pleasure. Thanks for remembering.

MSCarriefan

Trent is a Mississippi boy so I will always be a fan. I wished he had put out an album sooner while the buzz was hot right after Idol ended. I hope the tour helps
I

Smokyiiis

his ability to swing thru head voice into falsetto and back to diaphragm is just beautiful. Glad you looked it up but honestly though that was my favorite he had some impressive vocals thruout the show. During Hollywood week he had strep throat so no group would allow him to join and he had to sing solo to get through Hollywood week. He did an amazing job for somebody with strep throat