Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

American Idol 2018 on ABC

Smokyiiis

Omg sorta wish I hadn’t seen that. But I guess I have to admit even to myself she always thought overly much of herself. That was a turnoff to me.

pklongbeach

The only thing surprising to me is the irony of thinking that you are a celebrity now and then not realizing that people are going to see the childish things you write online. Hope this is a lesson learned for her. She comes across very bitter about the outcome. and that does not wear well.
Hopefully she can grow up quickly and realize that even today in this climate of lying and conspiracy theories. words do matter....

DaisyTweets

Well one thing is clear, actions speak louder than words. Her actions by speaking up like this screams her true feelings and thoughts. She thinks she should've won but America didn't buy what she was selling.

I also think its interesting and troubling that she doesn't know, doesn't understand the difference between auto tune and sound tech setup for a live tv production. Big difference. Trying to throw shade at Idol only makes her look bad and a sore loser.

DaisyTweets

wow someone needs to set her down and talk to her. None of this will help any kind of career she's striving for.
Well, if she thought she could out Carrie Carrie and out Whitney Whitney, than something tells me someone talking to her isn't going to make any difference.

thaifood

If nothing else this is going to make for a discomforting reunion when they all get together to begin rehearsals for the tour.

Smokyiiis

Maddie, Lauren Alaina, Trent Harmon, Gabby and Caleb all played at the City of Hope softball game during CMA fest. Trent Harmon sang the anthem.

Kizmet311

She's not a country singer, but Bobby Bones is going to be a big supporter of Maddie, I believe. It seems she was/is his favorite. And, of course, it wouldn't be that hard for Maddie to flip the switch to a folksy, Americana kind of sound, even though she isn't a true Country singer. Cassadee Pope wasn't country either, but...

thaifood

She's not a country singer, but Bobby Bones is going to be a big supporter of Maddie, I believe. It seems she was/is his favorite. And, of course, it wouldn't be that hard for Maddie to flip the switch to a folksy, Americana kind of sound, even though she isn't a true Country singer. Cassadee Pope wasn't country either, but...

Evidently Maddie is under the same management umbrella as Bobby Bones.

rcramer

I hope Maddie finds that nitch that she wants and does well with it..... Only time will tell. She already said she does not want to be a Pop singer... Imagine the winners single she is not comfortable with, she mentioned that the song is to hard to sing........ Also mentioned that the song isn't the kind of music she wants going forward..... I sometimes wonder why winner songs like that are chosen for these kids...... How can anyone do well after this show...... scratches head.....

Smokyiiis

Maddie Poppe, told Forbes magazine in a recent interview that the song Going, Going, Gone isn’t the kind of music she wants to make going forward.“I love the song,” the singer said, “but it’s too pop for me personally. I love it, but I think that I want to write more singer/songwriter easy listening songs. I think it’s a great start and a gateway to a fan base, but that’s not the kind of music that I hope that I’m releasing in the future.”
In an interview with Bobby Bones for his podcast she elaborated further, One problem with the song is it’s difficulty, “It’s so freaking hard to sing!” she told Bobby. “I don’t love singing it live” explaining that parts of it are out of her range. She’s already slowed up the arrangement, and changed a few of the notes. Co-writer and pop singer Julia Michaels recorded the demo, which Maddie felt “was a lot to live up to” especially since the producer encouraged her to sing it in a similar style.
“That’s the most pop I ever want to be,” Maddie admitted, adding that when the song first came out, there were fans who said things like “Oh no…the industry got ahold of Maddie…”
“I want to get more music out that’s more me soon,” she told Bobby. “So that people know that I’m going to stay true to who I am.”
When asked about the kind of music she wants to release, Maddie told Bobby firmly, “I don’t want to be pop,” adding, “I don’t ever want to play with a track. Don’t ever want dancers on my stage.” Maddie name checked Brandi Carlile, Ingrid Michaelson and Regina Spektor as artists whose songwriting style she emulated.
Still, she insisted that her team is encouraging her to be herself. When she has turned down songs, the label has been “cool with it,” She added, “Everyone is really supportive of who I want to be and what I want to do.”
In any case, Maddie doesn’t want to approach her music thinking about making hits. She wants to create the art she likes, and if people dig it, all the better.
“The tough thing is so many people just care about the money and the radio plays,” Maddie lamented to Forbes. “To a lot of people, I don’t think it really matters what it is if it does well. It’s like a machine and whatever can get the most airtime and whatever can make the most money…but I’m not about that and I don’t ever want to be about that, because I don’t think that that’s what’s going to make me happy,” She continued, “I really want to make music that I want to make even if that means having a fan base of 300,000 instead of 30 million.”
Maddie believes doing her thing instead of second guessing what the audience wanted is part of the reason why she won American Idol. “I did exactly what I wanted to do,” she said, “I didn’t play the game of, ‘Oh, what’s everybody going to like and what’s going to show my range off the most?” She added, “I think that formula worked out well, and so I don’t see why we would change that now.”
A few extra tidbits from the Bobby Bones interview:

• Disney has been following Maddie around with a camera for a documentary
  • Maddie “thinks” she won $250,000 dollars (in addition to the label deal). She’s got to set up an “account” first.
  • Maddie has the same management as Luke Bryan and Bobby Bones

simonplay

"One problem with the song is it’s difficulty, “It’s so freaking hard to sing!” haha!! How is GGG a difficult song to sing?? Her voice must be really limited then... hope she can deal with a whole tour...

"She’s already slowed up the arrangement, and changed a few of the notes" that's why it sounds so boring live then?

"Disney has been following Maddie around with a camera for a documentary" this is great! Must be similar to the one CMT did with Carrie.

Someone know if she already is recording her album? I hope they don't wait till next year, they should take advantage of her win this year.

maddkat

Staff member
^in another interview she said she has been recording but doesn't expect release for a year.A mistake Idol keeps making over and over

Hil

How fast was Carrie's? It feels like it was fast. Like she stayed in the spotlight until it was released in some way, shape or form.

maddkat

Staff member
How fast was Carrie's? It feels like it was fast. Like she stayed in the spotlight until it was released in some way, shape or form.
about 5 and a half months, JTTW was released about 4 and half months after her win