Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

American Idol The Farewell Season

teesharky

They both did well tonight. I have no idea who will win. Not sure I care. Lol But it willbe fun tomorrow- and sad.

opry051008

I'm happy about the final two. Both worthy in my eyes. I think Trent will take it but I won't be unhappy if La'Porsha pulls off a win.

I would be surprised if Carrie sings CB on the finale because there isn't anything she can do to top the performance from the other night so a medley is a good idea. I expect that Carrie will perform with Keith on his song because Keith has been talking about their pairing recently even though everyone else keeps asking him about Pitbull so I take that as a hint. lol. It's also a great way for Keith to promote his album.

HuiZ

Don't really get all the fuss about La Porsha. She's good but I feel like Idol already has better versions of diva singers like her in Candice and J Hud.

maddkat

Staff member
wonder how they decided who to invite?

@JessMeuse
Lots of people asking so I'm answering- I was not invited to the Idol finale, so I will be unable to go. I would've loved to be there!

AIgrl06

Yeah I think this is a very good final two. I'm not sure to what extent either will be able to find mainstream success but I'll root for both.

I thought Fuller gave them each great songs, too. But Chandelier was the performance of the night for me.

Kizmet311

I finally watched the American Dream special last night. Of course, I would have loved more Carrie, but I really enjoyed the special as it was. I really loved hearing a lot about how the first season developed and how that impacted the seasons that followed. I think the focus on Kelly was natural since it was mainly about how it started and she was part of the first season, so she and Justin had some insight that no other contestants could have had. I love that they confirmed that Carrie won every single week and they did show her winning moment, but she chimed in a few times about the show in general from her recorded interview. It would have been nice to see her audition and the Simon comment after Alone, but hopefully we will get some more of that tonight. I also liked the story about how Idol evolved over the years with the changing judges panel and some of the other format changes - all of that played a part into the show losing audience and getting to where it is today, which is ending.

I look forward to tonight. I haven't watched last night's show yet. Do I need to? If there aren't any Carrie mentions, then I probably don't need to bother. I think LaPorsha and Trent are both very talented, but I haven't kept up enough to have a favorite. I know they have to crown a winner tonight, but I do hope the focus is on the past contestants.

simonplay

Looks like they are doing a country group performance with all the country singers, maybe Carrie will be a part of it.

glenn7

How "American Idol" Made Carrie Underwood Feel a Little Bit Like the*President - Music News - ABC News Radio

Carrie is so humble. I love that she hasn't forgotten her Idol roots. She has always respected the show. It will be emotional to watch her perform on that stage for the very last time.

Love it, Great memories of season 4 & voting for Carrie. I think she is only Idol to ever always be number 1 in votes every single week by far.

PS How Great Thou Art Comentary - Carrie Underwood The doors opened with A/I How Great Thou Art Comentary - Carrie Underwood at Opry talking about God Opening doors for her and her PA PA! Wll never forget being there that night at the Opry seeing her PA PA. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA3y4Diwyus

pklongbeach

I also finally watched the special. I agree that the Kelly worship made a certain amount of sense. You really can't tell the whole story without her journey and I agree that she is kind of the face of every contestant and she has seen every moment of it....from that perspective and then the perspective of huge success after the show.
The specific attention to Adam was a little odd to me. That was just clear product placement to me. And it was a bit shameful for them to suggest that he was and should have been the obvious winner but "we can't predict what people will do". That was quite a slap in the face for the winner chosen by America.
I definitely think they could have made more of the fact that Carrie along with Kelly were the real "high potencial" for a contestant on the show. And somehow they ignored Carries success almost entirely. Seeming to go out of their way to do it. I'm glad they used her season to point to the decision to start going with a "backstory" concept, cause that has been rather contentious and I think it was one of the bigger mistakes the show actually made. ITs hard to judge now, but for me, the idea of picking all these "characters" meant that best singers was no longer going to be what the show was a bout. And they never had another contestant after that that held up to Season 4. Even Season 5 with the "widest" amount of success stories did not have the talent that they found from the earlier seasons....

I am certain they will do a simple something for Carrie tonight, if anything, and she will just do a solo spot like a lot of the others. And the tremendous success story of Carrie Underwood is going to go without being highlighted. They will mention it and that will be it.
But in truth if you think about it. Carrie Underwood is Carrie Underwood and she does not need a reality show to support her. She will just go right on doing what she does. But what will anyone else related to it do. Obscurity here we come!!

pklongbeach

I just read that Trent is going country if he win!
Makes the most sense from a "success" standpoint.
Country music platform is already so guaranteed if you are male and have the money/corporate support behind you. They just stick you in a slot at radio and stick you in a few award shows and boom, you have just another male country singer. He'll fit right in. The question will be will he stand out. Cause just like we learned with Scotty, there is only so far they will support an Idol off the show. At first they will to see if the product takes off. But if it doesn't, goodbye......

So its a really smart move, but he is still going to need exceptional music. Which is where Scotty lost his footing.....

jaks_weyn

Saw the show... The winning songs are meh... Not even their great voice and artistry saved their songs... I see Trent being flexible with original songs.. But when i saw La Porsha's winning song, makes me think if she can pull off her own originals... She did really well on both songs... I thought Trent exceled in Chandelier only... Beautifully done... IYDKMBN was just OK...
Whoever wins, it's deserved.. They gave great performances this season...

jaks_weyn

I also finally watched the special. I agree that the Kelly worship made a certain amount of sense. You really can't tell the whole story without her journey and I agree that she is kind of the face of every contestant and she has seen every moment of it....from that perspective and then the perspective of huge success after the show.
The specific attention to Adam was a little odd to me. That was just clear product placement to me. And it was a bit shameful for them to suggest that he was and should have been the obvious winner but "we can't predict what people will do". That was quite a slap in the face for the winner chosen by America.
I definitely think they could have made more of the fact that Carrie along with Kelly were the real "high potencial" for a contestant on the show. And somehow they ignored Carries success almost entirely. Seeming to go out of their way to do it. I'm glad they used her season to point to the decision to start going with a "backstory" concept, cause that has been rather contentious and I think it was one of the bigger mistakes the show actually made. ITs hard to judge now, but for me, the idea of picking all these "characters" meant that best singers was no longer going to be what the show was a bout. And they never had another contestant after that that held up to Season 4. Even Season 5 with the "widest" amount of success stories did not have the talent that they found from the earlier seasons....

I am certain they will do a simple something for Carrie tonight, if anything, and she will just do a solo spot like a lot of the others. And the tremendous success story of Carrie Underwood is going to go without being highlighted. They will mention it and that will be it.
But in truth if you think about it. Carrie Underwood is Carrie Underwood and she does not need a reality show to support her. She will just go right on doing what she does.But what will anyone else related to it do. Obscurity here we come!!

True but it's just sad to think that they are highlighting other idols when it's Carrie that continuously make them proud year after year... Carrie was also the most influential idol and the one that showed that a reality show winner can go really far...

It's already sad that Country Awards can't recognize her for what she's done... It would be even sadder if the one that kickstarted her career/the "mother" of her career can't also... : (