Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert to Divorce

teesharky

OMG classic. That crazy Cady lady is doing an exclusive interview with In Touch? I hope Blake sues her and gets a restraining order to keep that whack job away from him. I do not believe her for one second.

The Private detective thing seems a bit more believable as everyone keeps saying Blake got "proof" of her affair, and then he filed. But who knows.

txacar

^Off topic, but I just read that Brad will be mentor for Blake's team on the Voice. Sounds as though all of the auditions have already been taped.

abbeyjones18

^Off topic, but I just read that Brad will be mentor for Blake's team on the Voice. Sounds as though all of the auditions have already been taped.

Yeah, that's what Blake and the folks have been doing all this time...taping for the upcoming season. I'm sure that Brad will be a great mentor.

adam1995

Jessi Alexander debuted this song at Miranda's concert - "Damn Country Music".

I think that's an absolute classic!
As Miranda said she's been writing with all of them in the last week, I'd give a lot to see it on the next album.

That's a great song. I really love it. I could see Tim making this a great version, and honestly, I hope he releases it as a single. We need songs like this on the radio.

Also, does anyone else think that Jessi, from that distance and angle, looks like Jennifer Lawrence?

pklongbeach

...I think the only thing that pile of "the past" means is that everyone was really ready to be done. And to me it continues to point at Blake ending things very abruptly. And if I know one thing about guys when they catch a girl cheating; they don't forgive and they don't forget. They are usually done and moving on. (not that it doesn't hurt. but just that they don't even consider reconciling).

AdamJ

I think Blake comes off as a decent guy in this mess as he files for a no fault divorce and let Miranda keep some sort of dignity. He could have filed for another reason (adultery) and she would have been smeared all over the tabloids just like Leann Rimes and a chance to ruin her career. Miranda is a sneaky gal and has been cheating for some time now and finally Blake somehow got proof of the fact. It was over---just like that... I probably would have done the same thing Blake did and would have wanted her out of my sight ASAP. However there is a double standard in Nashville as the good old boys get by with cheating and the women raked over the hot coals. I wonder how this will affect Miranda's career as most women do not like women cheaters. I just visited friends (in the know) in Nashville and the Miranda cheating rumors are evidently true. Even though I am not a Blake fan---I give him kudos for keeping quiet.

teesharky

...I think the only thing that pile of "the past" means is that everyone was really ready to be done. And to me it continues to point at Blake ending things very abruptly. And if I know one thing about guys when they catch a girl cheating; they don't forgive and they don't forget. They are usually done and moving on. (not that it doesn't hurt. but just that they don't even consider reconciling).

agree. If Blake had cheated- he would have been groveling to Miranda begging her to stay or try marriage counseling, etc. He would not file so fast.

Ironically----- I was in the grocery store today-- and 2 competiing magazines stared at me: lol

Star Magazine Headline: MIRANDA LAMBERT CHEATS ON BLAKE WITH 5 DIFFERENT MEN

IN TOUCH MAG: BLAKE'S OTHER WOMAN

--------------lmao--------------------------- Both completely contradict each other.

teesharky

I think Blake comes off as a decent guy in this mess as he files for a no fault divorce and let Miranda keep some sort of dignity. He could have filed for another reason (adultery) and she would have been smeared all over the tabloids just like Leann Rimes and a chance to ruin her career. Miranda is a sneaky gal and has been cheating for some time now and finally Blake somehow got proof of the fact. It was over---just like that... I probably would have done the same thing Blake did and would have wanted her out of my sight ASAP. However there is a double standard in Nashville as the good old boys get by with cheating and the women raked over the hot coals. I wonder how this will affect Miranda's career as most women do not like women cheaters. I just visited friends (in the know) in Nashville and the Miranda cheating rumors are evidently true. Even though I am not a Blake fan---I give him kudos for keeping quiet.

agree., And the worst thing about it is that Blake gets lambasted by people and some of the media trying to spin it that he was the cheater. If he really is innocent-- and she cheated-- then I really feel sorry for him. Talk about kicking someone when they are already down.

oldyfan

I just am not going to take sides on who is the bigger cheater. Neither come off looking good in this.

liz278

This whole divorce is crazy. Blake files (and rumors about infidelity abound on both sides), Miranda acts like she is heartbroken (which is causing people to feel sorry for her) , but I am not sure if any of what is being said is true. I am wondering if we are ever going to find out any truth at all or if both pr people will continue to be the "sources" and continue with the mud slinging.

teesharky

^ Yeah I wish they would just come clean and be done with it. At least Leann Rimes owned up to her infidelity, as did Jason Aldean. Sadly, only the woman (Leann) got kicked to the curb by the country music industry, while Jason is thriving. Country music can be so hypocritical.

It does seem that Miranda is playing the heartbroken victim. But if she is innocent, that is understandable and normal. However, if the opposite is true, than I would lose alot of respect for her for playing the Taylor Swift card. I thought Miranda was more of a bad ass than a victim like TS. I would respect her more if she owned up to it. (if true)

Who knows though. Anything is possible. Maybe No ONe cheated. lol

Gator

Too bad they didn't leave their divorce totally "sealed" instead of dissing each other publicly. Many don't appreciate celebrities airing dirty laundry in the media -- except for TS fans. That is a mystery for all ages.

Kizmet311

^ Yeah I wish they would just come clean and be done with it. At least Leann Rimes owned up to her infidelity, as did Jason Aldean. Sadly, only the woman (Leann) got kicked to the curb by the country music industry, while Jason is thriving. Country music can be so hypocritical.

It does seem that Miranda is playing the heartbroken victim. But if she is innocent, that is understandable and normal. However, if the opposite is true, than I would lose alot of respect for her for playing the Taylor Swift card. I thought Miranda was more of a bad ass than a victim like TS. I would respect her more if she owned up to it. (if true)

Who knows though. Anything is possible. Maybe No ONe cheated. lol

I'll be honest on this one, though - Leann's career was already in the tank when she cheated. What really killed her career was trying to go pop. Jason was/is at the height of his career, so I think the cheating scandal didn't do too much damage. I think it's more about when the scandal occurred, then it being a male/female thing. Although, yes, Jason has gotten off pretty easy.

teesharky

^ True Leann was struggling career wise before the scandal. But her recent music is the best of her career, and radio won't play it. Sad. So now she models bikinis on the beach all day. lol

teesharky

The plot thickens. OK! Magazine has a whole feature story this week saying Miranda cheated with her tour manage, Ryan Westbrook.

They are on the cover of the magazine on the side, and in the article, they actually name him specifically. They said she fell in love with him, and it was more than an affair.

They said Miranda's friend told Blake about it, so he filed for divorce immediately, heartbroken.

If false-- Miranda will have a good case against the magazine since they named an actual specific person. If true, we may hear nothing from her camp.

liz278

Taste of country has a story saying how strong Miranda is - continuing to work heartbroken. The magazines don't know the truth but they are telling us that she is heartbroken and needs our sympathy. Why aren't they telling us Blake is heartbroken? If he filed for divorce, then he must have had a reason and he should be heartbroken too.

rainbow1

ONe of the first things we heard, was that she was having an affair...but he wasn't an artist. So....could be, I guess.

teesharky

Taste of country has a story saying how strong Miranda is - continuing to work heartbroken. The magazines don't know the truth but they are telling us that she is heartbroken and needs our sympathy. Why aren't they telling us Blake is heartbroken? If he filed for divorce, then he must have had a reason and he should be heartbroken too.

That bothers me too. I expected country music bloggers to be a little more loyal to Blake and not take sides without facts. Instead they are buying into the poor Miranda heartbroken victim act.

DizzyDollyDee

That bothers me too. I expected country music bloggers to be a little more loyal to Blake and not take sides without facts. Instead they are buying into the poor Miranda heartbroken victim act.

I agree - plus I really thought Blake was more popular because of the Voice. He does a lot of flirting on there so maybe they are thinking him guilty because of that - regardless, surprised re support for Miranda.

Off topic - what a month for divorces - its been crazy!! Makes you wonder who is going to step forward next!