Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie's Streaming Numbers

Eder Rodrigues

To think SH "as an album" is having good streams is wrong. The streams came in majority from BHC and JTTW. It just proves how monster of a hit BHC is.

Currently, D&R still is holding as her best performing streaming as an album. If you look at the total streams from non-singles, you have 40,5 mi streams. Non-singles from SH have 49,6 mi. Storyteller non-single tracks holds the crown, with 74,9 mi total stream. But Cry Pretty non-single tracks have the best average, with 8,7 mi for each track.

In conclusion, in streaming services, older albums tends to have great numbers only if they have a strong hit single. That's why it is important to choose the right singles now a days, unless you're Taylor Swift, or any other streaming juggernaut.

PRGuy79

To think SH "as an album" is having good streams is wrong. The streams came in majority from BHC and JTTW. It just proves how monster of a hit BHC is.

Currently, D&R still is holding as her best performing streaming as an album. If you look at the total streams from non-singles, you have 40,5 mi streams. Non-singles from SH have 49,6 mi. Storyteller non-single tracks holds the crown, with 74,9 mi total stream. But Cry Pretty non-single tracks have the best average, with 8,7 mi for each track.

In conclusion, in streaming services, older albums tends to have great numbers only if they have a strong hit single. That's why it is important to choose the right singles now a days, unless you're Taylor Swift, or any other streaming juggernaut.
Which makes it even more sad, actually. Twice the streams of D & R, the current content and what is currently being promoted by her worldwide record label.

CU4ever

OOTT has now hit over 26M streams. With this number, it has outstreamed the entire of Denim & Rhinestones, except Ghost Story (a top five single). However, Ghost Story is at 30M, and OOTT will likely overtake it in a few weeks. Really phenomenal performance.

FWIW, it will likely end up out-streaming all of Cry Pretty except Cry Pretty and Southbound.

Eder Rodrigues

Take Me Out
Week 15: 62,674 (3,420,674 total streams)

Give He That
Week 6: 213,007 (1,973,397 total streams)

Out Of That Truck
Week 28: 844,702 (26,924,817 total streams)

Here are some observations:

The total streams for "Denim & Rhinestones" amount to 118.2 million plays on Spotify. "Ghost Story" leads with 30.9 million, followed by "Out of That Truck" with 26.9 million, and "Hate My Heart" with 18.4 million. Among the non-single tracks, the standout is the promotional "Crazy Angels" with 9 million, followed by "Pink Champagne" with 7.3 million, and also the promotional "Denim & Rhinestones" with 5.2 million. The less popular tracks all have around 1.2 million streams each, including "Wanted Woman," "Garden," and "Faster."

"Out of That Truck" climbed to #3 on the Hot Country Playlist (peak #2). However, it's unlikely to surpass its weekly peak of 1.477 million streams. "Drunk and Hungover" was added to 29 playlists, reaching an audience of 6.06 million listeners.

Carrie's monthly listeners have dropped by 1.1 million since their peak on August 1st, with the current total standing at 10.4 million.

Last edited:

CU4ever

Take Me Out

Give He That

Out Of That Truck

The total streams for "Denim & Rhinestones" amount to 118.2 million plays on Spotify. "Ghost Story" leads with 30.9 million, followed by "Out of That Truck" with 26.9 million, and "Hate My Heart" with 18.4 million. Among the non-single tracks, the standout is the promotional "Crazy Angels" with 9 million, followed by "Pink Champagne" with 7.3 million, and also the promotional "Denim & Rhinestones" with 5.2 million. The less popular tracks all have around 1.2 million streams each, including "Wanted Woman," "Garden," and "Faster."

"Out of That Truck" climbed to #3 on the Hot Country Playlist, its highest position yet. However, it's unlikely to surpass its weekly peak of 1.477 million streams. "Drunk and Hungover" was added to 29 playlists, reaching an audience of 6.06 million listeners.

Carrie's monthly listeners have dropped by 1.1 million since their peak on August 1st, with the current total standing at 10.4 million.
Thanks so much for always posting this! I find it very interesting!

so good to see OOTT so high on the playlist. I’m okay with any bump that can give it

FanSince04

Take Me Out

Give He That

Out Of That Truck

"Out of That Truck" climbed to #3 on the Hot Country Playlist, its highest position yet. However, it's unlikely to surpass its weekly peak of 1.477 million streams. "Drunk and Hungover" was added to 29 playlists, reaching an audience of 6.06 million listeners.

It was at #2 on the HCS Playlist when it was released.

Eder Rodrigues

Take Me Out
Week 16: 95,591 (3,516,265 total streams) +52%

Give He That
Week 7: 160,725 (2,134,122 total streams) -25%

Out Of That Truck
Week 29: 1,240,469 (28,165,286 total streams) +47%

The rest of the tracks made around 1.5 million plays, giving the album a total of 2.1 million in the week of release.
"Drunk and Hungover" (397,731), "Damage" (73,794), "She Don't Know Live" (23,445)

P.S.: Sorry for the delay

CU4ever

For those that know about streaming, and considering My Gift's relatively decent success last year, do we think we can expect the album/songs from it to reenter on any charts this holiday season? I still think it was really great how well Hallelujah and FTOY did on the charts.

I still really think FTOY can become an iconic Christmas hit like Kelly Clarkson's Underneath the Tree. It did so well. I am hoping it will reenter some charts in a couple months!

PRGuy79

For those that know about streaming, and considering My Gift's relatively decent success last year, do we think we can expect the album/songs from it to reenter on any charts this holiday season? I still think it was really great how well Hallelujah and FTOY did on the charts.

I still really think FTOY can become an iconic Christmas hit like Kelly Clarkson's Underneath the Tree. It did so well. I am hoping it will reenter some charts in a couple months!
I, too, am hopeful that streaming and charting will continue each Christmas season. I agree that there are several songs that have the potential to reenter and do well again and again.

CU4ever

I, too, am hopeful that streaming and charting will continue each Christmas season. I agree that there are several songs that have the potential to reenter and do well again and again.
Yeah, this is really what I am hoping for. Every Christmas, I will see so many songs by various artists from all genres that reenter the charts, often even the hot 100. I really think FTOY is a song that can do that with the right promo, but if nothing more I’d like My Gift and the songs to spend a few weeks on the country charts each season. It would be really great if we could have some longevity for many, many years to come

FanSince04

I'll quote Grady Smith on this cause I think it suits Carrie's problem: "Artists that have managed to captured the imagination of the internet, that can reach the culture directly and reach their fans directly are the one that are streaming well. And people relying on old models or radio models, you know, you don't see them represented there as the most relevant artists on the game."

The problem is also explained on this podcast

Sounds like the podcaster is a member on here, or that some on here have borrowed opinions from this podcaster.