Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie's Ultimate Song: 2013 Edition

thunder92

I gave ITYS a low score. My least favorite single by far. LAM on the other hand is one of Carrie's best tracks.

But yeah, that's why I didn't include whether or not it was a cover in my criteria because then things were gonna get really messy. :p

Home Sweet Home is definitely one of Carrie's best covers (even top 2), but I never understood why PFT was so underrated. I still think it's up there with HGTA as one of her best performances of all-time. I have never heard Carrie sound so angry and scathing.

The PFT performance is one of her best no doubt about it

allamericangirl8

Idk, I've never liked ITYS that much. It's a good song, but that intro is so lame, and the rest of the song doesn't really go anywhere.

If we're including live covers, ignore everything I said about top 2 lol. I agree Desperado and Neon Moon are among her best. Idk why I never considered HGTA a cover. Is it a cover? I thought it was just a Christian hymn or something that Elvis performed once.

liveasong

Thunder92, is that a picture of you? ;)

Carrieflattsfan

Idk, I've never liked ITYS that much. It's a good song, but that intro is so lame, and the rest of the song doesn't really go anywhere.

If we're including live covers, ignore everything I said about top 2 lol. I agree Desperado and Neon Moon are among her best. Idk why I never considered HGTA a cover. Is it a cover? I thought it was just a Christian hymn or something that Elvis performed once.

You expressed my feelings about ITYS perfectly. lol.

I too feel like the studio version doesn't really go anywhere, but when Carrie sings it live she adds the dynamic and emotion needed to sell a song like that. Sometimes I wonder if the studio engineers mess with her voice so much on some songs they end up stripping her voice of personality. She obviously has a certain quality and tone to her voice, but sometimes I feel like that's completely gone in some songs, but in that case I would lay more blame on the producers than Carrie herself.

I consider HGTA a cover AND a hymn. :p. It's just one of those iconic songs that's been covered so many times that you can't really say "HGTA is a cover by so and so," unless you wanna trace it back for dozens of years.

And, yeah, when I think of Carrie's covers, I think of Carrie's best covers. I don't really separate them by 'live vs studio' when classifying/discussing them. :)

allamericangirl8

You expressed my feelings about ITYS perfectly. lol.

I too feel like the studio version doesn't really go anywhere, but when Carrie sings it live she adds the dynamic and emotion needed to sell a song like that. Sometimes I wonder if the studio engineers mess with her voice so much on some songs they end up stripping her voice of personality. She obviously has a certain quality and tone to her voice, but sometimes I feel like that's completely gone in some songs, but in that case I would lay more blame on the producers than Carrie herself.

I don't think her personality is ever lost, but I think the producers are really superficial. They care more about her hitting the right notes than the artistry behind them, and frequently the artistry is buried in the mix. I suppose this is what you mean rather than personality, in which case I agree. :p

I consider HGTA a cover AND a hymn. :p. It's just one of those iconic songs that's been covered so many times that you can't really say "HGTA is a cover by so and so," unless you wanna trace it back for dozens of years.

Oh, I just call it a hymn. I don't even know who was the first to sing it, but if it was a church, then it shouldn't count.

And, yeah, when I think of Carrie's covers, I think of Carrie's best covers. I don't really separate them by 'live vs studio' when classifying/discussing them. :)

Ordinarily I'd agree, but her live covers weren't included in this game, so I thought we were just talking about the songs in the game, which were studio songs.

Burst

So far I have 14 rates in (including mine), which means there's already as many this time as there was last time, which I think is pretty good. :D

Looking at the results so far though, I'm pretty surprised where songs are at right now. Some fan favourites are lower than I thought, and there are a few surprises in the top 20 right now, I think.

carriesfan123

I'm a bit confused about not counting the lowest and the highest scores. Does that mean some scores won't count? If so, what purpose does that serve? Doesn't that skew the results a bit?

Also, there are a few songs I gave a 0 to based on purely the studio version. Last Name, for example, I gave a 0 to. It's great live, but the studio version burned on me quite quickly and I can't even listen to it anymore.

Burst

I'm a bit confused about not counting the lowest and the highest scores. Does that mean some scores won't count? If so, what purpose does that serve? Doesn't that skew the results a bit?

Also, there are a few songs I gave a 0 to based on purely the studio version. Last Name, for example, I gave a 0 to. It's great live, but the studio version burned on me quite quickly and I can't even listen to it anymore.

It's mainly because last year, one person had the ability to change a certain song from #1 to #9 just by their one vote. I figure by knocking off the top and bottom scores, it'll be much more accurate because one outlier won't be able to change the results as dramatically.

CarrieFan928

I'm excited for this. Even though I know all of Carrie's songs and can give them scores right now, I just want an excuse to listen to her entire discography so I'll turn my rates in soon!

NC State Carrie Fan

I was just giving this thread a bump for anyone who hadnt seen it yet and hadnt voted yet, butI also was wondering...we should do this same concept with the bigccountry hits of the past year just exclude Carrie cause obviously her songs would all be in the top, I just thought it sounded fun cause I do love Carrie but I love country music and a lot of artists and I always like seeing what you guys think so...what do yall think?

CarrieFan928

^I think that would be a great idea. I love all kinds of music so I never really go in too deep in one genre. I know a lot of the big country hits though but would love to hear some other great songs that I may have missed out on. And also I just love rates in general.

allamericangirl8

Same here. I'm not really deep into the country genre, but I do know a fair number of the recent country hits. That'd be a really fun rate.

Carrieflattsfan

I was just giving this thread a bump for anyone who hadnt seen it yet and hadnt voted yet, butI also was wondering...we should do this same concept with the bigccountry hits of the past year just exclude Carrie cause obviously her songs would all be in the top, I just thought it sounded fun cause I do love Carrie but I love country music and a lot of artists and I always like seeing what you guys think so...what do yall think?

I'm in. :)